Comics Official YOUNG X-MEN Discussion Thread

Looks pretty good. Im' going to try and support the X-boos as much as I can.

I'm one of the biggest X-****es around these parts but I just can't get excited for this book. All my fav NXMers aren't in it.

You'd figure Rockslide would be one of Spoons's favorite NXMers, for obvious reasons we all suspect. :woot:

Yannick's art sucks. :( Everyone looked so angry, even when they aren't. If the story doesn't hold up, I won't be reading this long.

You'd figure Rockslide would be one of Spoons's favorite NXMers, for obvious reasons we all suspect. :woot:

i agree...Spoons should enjoy Rockslide and all he has to offer much more than he currently does

and the words put to the pictures actually make this book interesting...because art alone was a bit suspect....

i agree...Spoons should enjoy Rockslide and all he has to offer much more than he currently does

and the words put to the pictures actually make this book interesting...because art alone was a bit suspect....

I like Rockslide, especially when he and Anole are going back and forth lol. I REALLY liked when he was in his magma form after the Belasco-arc. But he's not enough to make me go "OMG, gotta pick this up!!111"

I heard Elixir is showing up in X-force, So I might be picking that book up.

It's so cute when Spoons misses the subtext going on.

So what did you guys think? To be honest, my first experience with any of the "new" X-Men was via astonishing...So, I need to read NXM sometime. I found it to be an alright read...I'll most likely pick the next few up.

Overall, it's a decent start. The characters I have some knowledge of (Rockslide, Dust, Blindfold) are pretty accurately characterized.

There's no way in the world that's the real Cyclops.

Also, minus 1000 points for referencing Chuck Austen's "Dominant Species" arc.

I enjoyed it... I am still confused on how Cannonball became a villian though for that last frame, but we've got plenty of time to figure it out.... just sees like a sudden jump.

Well, were the characters he was with villains as well? I thought they were all heroes.

Well, were the characters he was with villains as well? I thought they were all heroes.

they are all former heroes that we have already learned from the interviews are the major villians.... and they do work under a major villian as well from what i understand

That "Cyclops" did use a image inducer to free that tatoo guy from prison, how do we know he's Cyclops and not someone else pretending to be Cyclops with the image inducer?

The only reason I'm reading this is because of the new mutants reunion... the art is crap, the dialogue is boring, all in all I think I enjoyed Countdown 4 more than this and that's saying a lot...

oh, abd btw, Magma alone can so kick all of this "young x-men's" behinds in less than three seconds :D

It ain't. Nor is it a Skrull.

Think about it real hard for three seconds. Some guy who looks like Cyke and wears some scrambler thingy and wants Pierce dead.

that also explains why the New Mutants are being considerd bad guys

Ten bucks says that "Cyclops" is actually Pierce. He's recruiting the Young X-Men to hunt down and kill the former New Mutants who he's had a grudge against since forever.

I really don't like the idea of Ink and Graymalkin. The whole idea of M-Day was that writer's couldn't just make up mutants any more. Plus there were plenty of available and interesting characters leftover from New X-Men.

Did the first book come out already and who's the guy with the hair?

This was MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better than Yost and Kyle's New X-Men was in it's closing days.

How about just buying it already? If we're talking about it, then it's obviously out. And there's several guys with hair.

I didnt like it. I thought it was a waste of paper and the only intruiging part was the last panel with the original team of New Mutants. Guess I'll have to come back for them bc this Young X-men team doesnt interest me. These are a bland bunch of characters that I dont find appealing and it didnt help that the art wasnt good either

I enjoyed it... I am still confused on how Cannonball became a villian though for that last frame, but we've got plenty of time to figure it out.... just sees like a sudden jump.
what makes you think they are villians? We dont know the real deal here or what is up. I dont trust Cyclops and like others wonder if this is an imposter trying to cause trouble. It makes no sense that he disbands the X-men only to recreate a new team with inexperienced kids

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"