Oficial Batman Lego Products!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's more info on the Arkham set
Yes, that's right, it's an Arkham set. Someone in another thread here at LoG posted a photo of the Harry Potter castle set as a potential inspiration for Arkham. Well you were spot-on. The Arkham set is built in a similar, modular fashion, but in dark, "Batman" style colors. Blacks, Dark Grays, Browns are the color palette of Arkham. Arkham comes with a "wrought iron" front gate and 3 buildings.

The center building is the largest, at 16 studs wide. It has the front door with an internal sliding "jail" door that you can use to block it. Above the door on the outside is a small trapdoor you can open that allows a rope to fall out. On the inside of the central building, the second floor contains 3 cells that are openable by a clever mechanism you operate with a lever on the side of the building. The prototype I saw had stickers on the cells that said "Riddler, Two-Face, and Penguin" ( I think) Hopefully there will be more stickers included with the set so you can put different names on the cells.

The other two buildings are only 8 studs wide and serve as "towers" of Arkham. On the inside, upper floor is the Scarecrow's cell. The outside of the building has a small "gargoyle" that looks remarkably like Scarecrow. If you push in the gargoyle, it knocks off the wall and door to Scarecrow's cell, allowing him to escape. Scarecrow has a barrel and some bales of "straw" in his cell. The lower level of this building has two large, curved, "wrought iron" elements that are held closed with a tile that has a lock printed on it. Looks like a cell for the Joker, perhaps?

The last small building piece contains a "glass" cell with "vine" stickers for... you guessed it. Poison Ivy! There were some LEGO plant elements inside the cell with her. The upper level of this building has a "restraining table" with some "tools" in the room... for interrogation, perhaps?

Also present in this set was Nightwing on his motorcycle, the Riddler, and an Arkham van that contains what looks like a medical restraining bed. You can put one of the villains with batcuffs inside the van for "prisoner transport"

And Finally, the UCS Batmobile set. This is a large set, probably was about 18" long. (I think) It was very detailed, had an opening cockpit. The "jet" in the rear had flame pieces attached, and would spin if you roll the batmobile forward. This will make an excellent display set.

No pics of it yet.

ha

i'm going to get that for the joker.

joker would be pissed at what they made his hair look like.

It think this is really great and all, even the mini figs surprisingly look great except for the Riddler and Batman, I can get over the weird hair pieces for other characters, but Riddlers Costume looks like it really is spandex, they should just do the regular green legs and bodies and put white or black gloves and than a western hat green with a purple question mark, is it to hard to ask for?

and he better get a better cane than just a yellow stick.

why is batman cowl messed up?

like his eyes have holes, instead of the white they showed previously.

The Riddler said:
why is batman cowl messed up?

like his eyes have holes, instead of the white they showed previously.

Nothing has been shown prior to the pics shown in ToyFare. If you did see anything, it was most likely a custom.

Spidey-Bat said:
Nothing has been shown prior to the pics shown in ToyFare. If you did see anything, it was most likely a custom.
so you're telling me this is how they'll look?

by god, i might not even pick any of these up anymore.

they look hideous.

The Riddler said:
so you're telling me this is how they'll look?

by god, i might not even pick any of these up anymore.

they look hideous.

Show me what you saw earlier. I can probably debunk it as official or not.

The cowl for Batman may not be the final product anyway. To be honest, his cowl is the only awful thing. The line isn't a one time thing anyway so we'll definately get more figures and sets. So there's a chance you'll get every version of your favorite boring character.

Spidey-Bat said:
Show me what you saw earlier. I can probably debunk it as official or not.

The cowl for Batman may not be the final product anyway. To be honest, his cowl is the only awful thing. The line isn't a one time thing anyway so we'll definately get more figures and sets. So there's a chance you'll get every version of your favorite boring character.
Boring?

Blasphemous!

And this is the pic he probably saw:

post-2-1130173593.jpg

Forgot about that. I'll look into why the design was changed.

EDIT: I saw on LOG that a designer who worked on it stated the plastic has to be a certain thickness otherwise it'd break. So I'm guessing the cowl was made bigger because the ears were fragile and it'd look weird if the ears were big but the rest of the cowl small.

Spidey-Bat said:
Forgot about that. I'll look into why the design was changed.

EDIT: I saw on LOG that a designer who worked on it stated the plastic has to be a certain thickness otherwise it'd break. So I'm guessing the cowl was made bigger because the ears were fragile and it'd look weird if the ears were big but the rest of the cowl small.
Hopefully. they'll also fill in the eyes with white lenses instead of just holes.

The head on the figure has 2 sides. One will be Bruce Wayne's face, the other side will have a more Batman mouth and white eyes.

Spidey-Bat said:
The head on the figure has 2 sides. One will be Bruce Wayne's face, the other side will have a more Batman mouth and white eyes.
Why don't they just fill in the eyes in the cowl!?

Leonard Shelby said:
I'll probly pick up the ultimate collector series batmobile.

ew it looks like the batman and robin batmobile but oh well to each their own

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"