Oh Hai Mark Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear about your uncle Symbiotic. :csad:

And they released more info on that school shooting. That stuff is so freakin' sad. They said the shooter was a quiet kid who kept to himself and was into the "gothic lifestyle". I REALLY hope these stupid parent groups and politicians don't use this as an excuse to now jump on that bandwagon that was used during the Columbine shootings in '99. :csad:

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it, I really do. I'm just glad my last moment I had with him was doing something we both loved.

And about the shooting, was he really into the gothic lifestyle, or was it something that people interpret as gothic? And I hope they don't jump on the bandwagon against them either. Did he shoot himself after the shooting, or is he still alive? I only ask because in school shootings they always do commit suicide after the act.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it, I really do. I'm just glad my last moment I had with him was doing something we both loved.

And about the shooting, was he really into the gothic lifestyle, or was it something that people interpret as gothic? And I hope they don't jump on the bandwagon against them either. Did he shoot himself after the shooting, or is he still alive? I only ask because in school shootings they always do commit suicide after the act.

He's alive and in jail. Don't know about if he's in goth or what, was a loner and sort of a outcast I heard
So far I know, 5 were wounded, 1 died and looks like he posted a warning of something like this was going happen on facebook and no one reported it.
2 of the others that were wounded are still in critical condition

I tasted a tootsie roll for the first time. That **** is horrible.

Did you swallow? You never swallow those. You're supposed to chew them and spit them out like tobakky.

Fun/sick story regarding that. My grandpa used to chew and spit into a bottle. My sister didn't know and, since it was in a pepsi bottle and was dark, drank it. Threw up and was sick and all that jive.

Fun/sick story regarding that. My grandpa used to chew and spit into a bottle. My sister didn't know and, since it was in a pepsi bottle and was dark, drank it. Threw up and was sick and all that jive.

Revolting!
Did you swallow? You never swallow those. You're supposed to chew them and spit them out like tobakky.

I never swallow!

LOL. They do come in different flavors.

They only sell one flavor here and only in one store. The shop sells a lot of American sweets. Butterfingers are damn good.

Revolting!

I never swallow!

They only sell one flavor here and only in one store. The shop sells a lot of American sweets. Butterfingers are damn good.
I love tootsierolls
Bahahha, thats nasty but funny.

Sorry about your uncle Symbiotic. FWIW, I'm glad you had a nice last day with him and hopefully he went peacefully.

And they released more info on that school shooting. That stuff is so freakin' sad. They said the shooter was a quiet kid who kept to himself and was into the "gothic lifestyle". I REALLY hope these stupid parent groups and politicians don't use this as an excuse to now jump on that bandwagon that was used during the Columbine shootings in '99. :csad:
Sometimes I really wish it was possible to skip from carefree childhood to mature adult without all of the paranoia and aggression and crap that teenagers deal with. :csad:

Sorry about your uncle Symbiotic. FWIW, I'm glad you had a nice last day with him and hopefully he went peacefully.

Sometimes I really wish it was possible to skip from carefree childhood to mature adult without all of the paranoia and aggression and crap that teenagers deal with. :csad:

Yeah, I know. I just wish someone could tell these kids that high school isn't the end of the world. You'll move on and be away from those people and you'll be able to move on. You just gotta let stuff roll off your shoulders. However, most of these kids are really disturbed and need more than just that.

Also...saw in a report that a second kid died in the hospital. That's just horrible. Kids shouldn't have to be worried about getting shot while trying to get an education. :csad:

Yeah, I know. I just wish someone could tell these kids that high school isn't the end of the world. You'll move on and be away from those people and you'll be able to move on. You just gotta let stuff roll off your shoulders. However, most of these kids are really disturbed and need more than just that.

Also...saw in a report that a second kid died in the hospital. That's just horrible. Kids shouldn't have to be worried about getting shot while trying to get an education. :csad:
It was better for me since it was expected that all of us move on to a 4-year college, so we all had a benchmark after HS to look forward to. But even with that and with the fact I was always fairly mature for my age, I only felt truly settled and comfortable with myself when I was about 24. I went through the crap and learned from it, but when things like this happen, I wish some kids were able to just skip the crappy period, because it's just sooo much crappier for them than it was for me.

And yeah, some kids are just wired wrong. When the VA Tech shooting happened, I felt so bad for the shooter's family, almost more than the victims. I mean, what can you do when your kid is just wired wrong?

I just finished sorting & organizing close to 200 comics right now.

In honor of the name of this thread

tumblr_m016eyDRcq1rpsywno1_500.jpg

Not yet, I'm expecting some supplies by Wednesday & will do that then. It's all fun though.

Yeah, it can be. I always disliked the bag and boarding back in the day because I'd have to use my own tape and everything. Then they came out with those self adhesive bags and it made things go so much more smoothly.

This also reminds me that I'm seriously running out of space to put my comics. :csad:

Yeah, it can be. I always disliked the bag and boarding back in the day because I'd have to use my own tape and everything. Then they came out with those self adhesive bags and it made things go so much more smoothly.

This also reminds me that I'm seriously running out of space to put my comics. :csad:

Oh well, I guess I consider it fun since I've barely started. What type of bags do you use? Regular poly or Mylar?

I just use regular poly current comic size for my books. The fun for me with my comics is organizing them. For the first 10 to 12 years of collecting I just put them in the order of their titles, etc. Then about a few years back I realized there would be certain books I knew I'd go back to and reread...so I have been organizing them by title and also labeling them with storyline notes so I know which storylines and also creator/artist runs that I like.

It was incredibly time consuming but in the end it was worth it because now I can walk into my comics room and just grab the right box and go right for the books I need to read instead of sifting through the boxes and then digging through the issues like I'm back issue diving at a con. :oldrazz:

Have you guys actually seen that movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"