The Walking Dead Oh Jesus, here comes an Andrea thread...

I'm shocked that so many "originals" died this season: Lori, T-Dog, Merle, and now, Andrea. At the start of last October, the only one I would have believed was Merle.

Glenn is now the only one left of the group Rick first met at the department store in Atlanta in Season 1. Unless Morales and his family are still alive somewhere.

Yeah, folks are dying off like flies. I'm sure Morales is left...he had two kids and a wife....It would be funny if they made it somewhere that is completely safe and peaceful and haven't had to go through what Rick and his group have.

From beginning to end, what an utterly wasted character. Ugh. Do the writers think there was any emotional significance except sheer relief and happiness when she went out? So much wasted potential. Yuck.

This pretty much how I feel about the Andrea character as whole-- wasted, untapped potential. I hate the writers of this show sometimes and this is one of those reasons.

I'm calling it. They'll lob the idiot ball to another character next season and give Andrea's storylines from the comics to someone else. I'm going with Karen of Woodbury.

How about both. :awesome:

They should just introduce a new Andrea who is a young blonde sniper and have a second go at the character.

I suggested the same thing, although sarcastically. Why not. :awesome:

Also Andrea didn't get to use her gun that much this season, did she?

The saddest part of Andrea's death scene was, "I know how the safety works." Not only does that go back to that first conversation with Rick, but it goes back to Amy's death as well.

And Amy got a better sendoff than Andrea did. :csad:

Michonne crying did it for me... :waa:

Shut it, you. :argh:

Reposting this for the Andrea thread...
I think the more I think about this finale and the more that I end up watching it, the less I'll like it. Not so much for the lack of a real battle and extending the Governor's stay, but for the complete rush job that was Andrea's death. It was just so ****ing sloppy and obvious that they look at the fan response for Andrea in S3, got scared, and went "Ehh.... Redeem her? **** that, let's just get her off the stage." It was a completely idiotic way for her to get killed off and just rang ridiculously false. She as a character has made some misguided attempts at brokering peace between the two groups, but do you REALLY expect me to believe that a woman in her situation would essentially just sit there twiddling her thumbs while waiting for someone to die when it means she'll get taken out too? Come on... just bad writing. And they only told Laurie Holden a few days before filming that she'd be getting killed. The whole thing just rubs me the wrong way.

I didn't like that Andrea was killed off. So many things with her character were left unfinished. She didn't make amends with Michonne and the group really. She won't have the chance to fight beside Michonne, for the two of them put a hurt on the Governor big time. And have that friendship and bond grow more. I was hoping that she and Rick would get together eventually, now that is never going to happen. Just have her character be more bad ass?

I felt like andrea's arch in season three was very good. seriously. overall season three improved the shows female writing.

Yeah. I've always liked Maggie, but I didn't care for Carol and I quite enjoy her now.

the more I think about it, Andrea COULD have had a Carl road to redemption and become the bad ass we all know and love from the comics.

OH WELL THE ***** IS DEAD NOW! w000000000000000!!!!

Wooo!
SO GLAD SHE'S DEAD! This officially marks every major cast member who I despised is now dead! (Lori, Andrea, Tdawg and Shane) Now its just the badassery! Rick, Darryl, Michonne, Carl, Glenn, Maggie, Herschel, Tyreese and Sasha! Season 4, time to enjoy this show!

The most pivotal aspect of a death scene working for me is the reaction of ______ character witnessing said death. They're often the ones that make or break the emotion within that scene.

Wooo!
SO GLAD SHE'S DEAD! This officially marks every major cast member who I despised is now dead! (Lori, Andrea, Tdawg and Shane) Now its just the badassery! Rick, Darryl, Michonne, Carl, Glenn, Maggie, Herschel, Tyreese and Sasha! Season 4, time to enjoy this show!
Thank you for proving my point. :o

Now with the annoying ones gone, what will stop the writers from killing off the badasses. I predict Darryl will bite it next season. :twisted:

Glenn is now the only one left of the group Rick first met at the department store in Atlanta in Season 1. Unless Morales and his family are still alive somewhere.
You brought up an good point and now im wondering if they will go back to revisit what ever happened to him and his family.Loved it when they went back to Morgan this season, hope they do the same with Morales.

I think Mr. Morales lost his family and is depressed he left the group. Isn't the guy at the 0:10 mark him? :woot::csad::woot::csad:

[YT]fm6HYHlqdp0[/YT]

The Morales family went to Birmingham, if I remember correctly, that's a major trip just to check on them. Rick felt guilty about Morgan and Duane, and they were only a short drive away anyway. Come to think of it, Rick only went back to stockpile weapons, he didn't even go back for Morgan. If the show decides to revisit the Morales Family, it'd have to be them returning to Georgia or they've made it to the Alexandria Safe-Zone and it's a random reunion. There's only like four people in Rick's group that would even remember the Morales', and there's been no indication that anyone of them even contemplates their fate.

Sad that Andrea got killed off. Oh well perhaps she'll join Darabont on his LA Noir show like DeMunn and Bernthal? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"