The Walking Dead Oh Jesus, here comes an Andrea thread...

Well, Rick seems to be gradually losing his mind, and that does seem to be her cup of tea when it comes to potential lovers...

She's my second favorite character in the comics, but man it's hard to like her in the tv show. Outside of when she told Lori off she has gotten on my nerves on the show consistently. Somehow she'll probably still side with the Governor after all this.

I want Carol to take Comics Andrea's place. That ***** can really hold her own now.

Andrea can stay as long as we keep getting scenes of her half naked, banging every obvious lunatic in sight.

Because seriously, we all know some hot girl who acts exactly like that, don't we?

I don't get all the hate, Andrea is my favorite. I hope we don't lose her anytime soon. :csad:

I can't wait to see how this all plays out next episode.

yes seriously 99% of you haters dont see it through her perspective only through yours

you complain about how YOU would react and how YOU would see it

nothing she has really seen with her own eyes would make her right out hate him and want to leave

yes seriously 99% of you haters dont see it through her perspective only through yours

nothing she has really seen with her own eyes would make her right out hate him and want to leave

Exactly. She isn't my favorite character, but I also don't hate her. People seem to forget that we as viewers see/know a hell of a lot more of what's going on than Andrea does.

This is a woman who wanted to die for a long time. She's spent the length of the series believing there was no hope for a normal life - that everything is gone - and running from "safe" spot to "safe" stop watching people die is the only thing she'll ever know. Suddenly, this "paradise" in the middle of this hell shows up. Of course she'll embrace it. She has been living with her despair for far longer than she's known Michonne - she has every right to choose to stay in a place she feels defeats that despair, and quite honestly, she has every right to be pissed at Michonne for trying to upend that without evidence (even if Michonne is right).

People address the zombie arena as evidence, yet they seem to forget nearly an entire episode's worth of Andrea was spent with her angry about the zombie fights. That's the only thing she's seen of the Governor that is suspect, and to be honest, he gave a compelling argument.

So you have someone whose desperate for peace and a reprieve from despair and hopelessness who finds a situation that seems to grant her everything she needs, and people are angry with her and call her stupid/blind/etc? I personally find her character and situation to be intriguing and think that she's being set up for a lot of interesting moments. What happens to some one who goes from feeling hopeless, to finding a cure for that hopelessness, only to discover that cure is actually a cancer? That's interesting to me.

I don't get all the hate, Andrea is my favorite. I hope we don't lose her anytime soon. :csad:

I can't wait to see how this all plays out next episode.

What? I mean I can get not hating her. But your favorite? Please.

Exactly. She isn't my favorite character, but I also don't hate her. People seem to forget that we as viewers see/know a hell of a lot more of what's going on than Andrea does.

This is a woman who wanted to die for a long time. She's spent the length of the series believing there was no hope for a normal life - that everything is gone - and running from "safe" spot to "safe" stop watching people die is the only thing she'll ever know. Suddenly, this "paradise" in the middle of this hell shows up. Of course she'll embrace it. She has been living with her despair for far longer than she's known Michonne - she has every right to choose to stay in a place she feels defeats that despair, and quite honestly, she has every right to be pissed at Michonne for trying to upend that without evidence (even if Michonne is right).

People address the zombie arena as evidence, yet they seem to forget nearly an entire episode's worth of Andrea was spent with her angry about the zombie fights. That's the only thing she's seen of the Governor that is suspect, and to be honest, he gave a compelling argument.

So you have someone whose desperate for peace and a reprieve from despair and hopelessness who finds a situation that seems to grant her everything she needs, and people are angry with her and call her stupid/blind/etc? I personally find her character and situation to be intriguing and think that she's being set up for a lot of interesting moments. What happens to some one who goes from feeling hopeless, to finding a cure for that hopelessness, only to discover that cure is actually a cancer? That's interesting to me.

Nah, she's stupid.:o

Just curious, but does anyone think Andrea and Michonne had a little something going on when they were out there alone together? It almost seemed like there was something between them other than typical apocalypse camaraderie.

I was thinking the same thing.

I'm all for seeing things from her perspective but even then her rationale and train of thought is idiotic. I think that the writers on this show want us to hate her. It's the only reason she's written this poorly. All her actions seemed to be designed to have the viewer hate her. You cannot deny that. You can use any defense you want for this season but from Episode 1 she has been an insufferable, annoying, pain in the ass and she wasn't even in the first episode. :o

I'm all for seeing things from her perspective but even then her rationale and train of thought is idiotic. I think that the writers on this show want us to hate her. It's the only reason she's written this poorly. All her actions seemed to be designed to have the viewer hate her. You cannot deny that. You can use any defense you want for this season but from Episode 1 she has been an insufferable, annoying, pain in the ass and she wasn't even in the first episode. :o

People keep saying this, but I've not seen any good reason listed. It makes no difference to me whether anyone hates her - I couldn't care less - but I personally think the hate is undue.

People keep saying this, but I've not seen any good reason listed. It makes no difference to me whether anyone hates her - I couldn't care less - but I personally think the hate is undue.

All I have to do is point to Michonne leaving Woodbury. Fine, I'll give her the fact that Michonne didn't make a compelling argument to leave Woodbury. Still, this woman kept you alive for 8 months, through the winter, while you were sick and you just blow her off and let her walk off? I still think there's such a thing as loyalty in the zombie apocalypse, Rick's group sure shows it on more than one occasion.

Also, the zombie arena. She was against it at first but all it took was some half ass explanation and bottle of scotch to get her to change her mind. If I remember correctly she was one of the "Lets kill all the walkers in the barn" people no? All of a sudden she's ok with them collecting walkers? Oh but they take out their teeth and nails, thats cool I guess.

She seems to accept EVERYTHING so far about Woodbury at face value. She wants this place to be the perfect life so bad she ignores the signs that have shown. She could have at least humoured Michonne about her suspicions but instead she abandons her friend, who has been close and protected her in the last 8 months, without investigating anything for people she just met. She has tunnel vision with Woodbury and the Governor, and she is so wrapped up around the Governor's love stick she ignores everything around her.

That's why she is idiotic, she doesn't question anything. Hell she knew how Merle was, how can she forget so fast.

Here's a few examples:

How about the fact that the Gov. trusts Merle to be one of his right-hand men? You don't need to be around Merle long to know he's bad news.

How about the fact that the Gov. basically wouldn't let them leave? Of course, Andrea was too dumb to realize it, but she should have.

Then there's the Gov's generally creepy demeanor and the a-little-too-perfect vibe of Woodbury. All things Andrea can see.

And now she's seen the Governor's head collection. And she's seen how he turned on Merle. And how he's (possibly) going to kill Daryl.

Granted, we don't know how she'll react to those last ones, but there's been plenty of evidence that Woodbury is f'd up.

All I have to do is point to Michonne leaving Woodbury. Fine, I'll give her the fact that Michonne didn't make a compelling argument to leave Woodbury. Still, this woman kept you alive for 8 months, through the winter, while you were sick and you just blow her off and let her walk off? I still think there's such a thing as loyalty in the zombie apocalypse, Rick's group sure shows it on more than one occasion.

You're clearly remembering wrong how things were between the two. Andrea tried very hard to get Michonne to stay, and was very upset by her leaving. The seperation is not something Andrea took lightly. And "loyalty" only goes so far. Michonne wanted to leave. Andrea wanted to stay. There was no compromise. If they stayed together, regardless of where, one of them would be miserable and hate the other for it. They made the only choice they could based on what they felt was best for themselves. People come and go. The original group split up in season 1 because of this, yet I hear no complaints about loyalty there. And you wanna talk about stupid characters...good lord, aside from some cool fight scenes, Michonne is horrible. Everything that's happened in the last few episodes is all Michonne's fault, without even a shred of remorse.

Also, the zombie arena. She was against it at first but all it took was some half ass explanation and bottle of scotch to get her to change her mind. If I remember correctly she was one of the "Lets kill all the walkers in the barn" people no? All of a sudden she's ok with them collecting walkers? Oh but they take out their teeth and nails, thats cool I guess.

Gonna have to do better than completely trivialize what happened. They made it VERY clear that Andrea hated the zombie fighting, even after the "reasoning" given, and that she is still very much wanting to take action and be on the front lines killing walkers. This "paradise" she finds herself in isn't perfect, but it's the closest thing to it that she even remotely dreamed possible. It's something she has to deal with - its the price she has to pay for living there.

Lets forget for a moment that the Governor is evil, and lets say the town is a good as Andrea thinks it is. If you were given shelter in that town, and you learned about the zombie arena, would you really GTFO without thinking twice? Would you sacrifice the comfort and protection and normalcy everything the town offers because of one thing you disagree with? (I'm sure you'll say yes, because it helps you're argument, but I personally think it'd be stupid to jump back into the fire because of one thing you don't agree with in the town).

I think you're trying very hard to defend her. Look at the other posts in here not by me to show more examples. Maybe I wouldn't leave after the zombie arena but I sure as hell wouldn't be like "Oh alcohol, I guess its ok and you're cute so I'll sleep with you."

I think you're trying very hard to defend her.

No, I'm just plagued with seeing it from her perspective lol. She's definitely done some stupid stuff in the past, but her character is not meant to be perfect. Each character in this show handles loss and fear differently. And each character is given a different path to focus on. With Rick, it's the weight of being the leader and the loss of hope. With Andrea, it's the poison of false hope.

Look at the other posts in here not by me to show more examples.

I have and like I said before, I've yet to see anything that justifies all the hatred. There are some things I get (and even agree with) prior to this season, but I think the hate this season (and most of the past) is very much undue.

Maybe I wouldn't leave after the zombie arena but I sure as hell wouldn't be like "Oh alcohol, I guess its ok and you're cute so I'll sleep with you."

I could go into the aspects of Stockholm Syndrome and what loss and fear does to someone when they come across someone in power who offers to protect you, but I'll just leave it at this: if the Governor was a beautiful woman whom you were attracted to and was attracted to you, would you be more or less willing to make concessions?

Last edited:
I'll say this, it only takes a couple really great moments on this show to totally redeem a character's worth. Look at Carl, I wanted him dead or missing for good last season, felt like he was such a waste of screen time, and was not living up to comic book Carl. This season he is on point and getting stuff done.

So guess we'll have to wait and see how this plays out, (even though I am currently on the Andrea hate side)

Yeah I am not closed-minded enough to think she can't redeem herself at this point but she better not kill off, or be the cause of death of, any characters from Rick's side as that is where the line is crossed IMO. I can't see how she could come back from that.

However the sooner she shuts the hell up, stop scrunching her face and becomes the sniper for Rick's crew the better. Either that or die as I don't care about her character at this point.

I'm not saying she's without fault for many of her actions. Just that she's actually a more sympathetic character than people see at face value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"