The Walking Dead Oh Jesus, here comes an Andrea thread...

Yeah I am not closed-minded enough to think she can't redeem herself at this point but she better not kill off, or be the cause of death of, any characters from Rick's side as that is where the line is crossed IMO. I can't see how she could come back from that.

However the sooner she shuts the bad place up, stop scrunching her face and becomes the sniper for Rick's crew the better. Either that or die as I don't care about her character at this point.

Agreed.

Yeah I am not closed-minded enough to think she can't redeem herself at this point but she better not kill off, or be the cause of death of, any characters from Rick's side as that is where the line is crossed IMO. I can't see how she could come back from that.

However the sooner she shuts the bad place up, stop scrunching her face and becomes the sniper for Rick's crew the better. Either that or die as I don't care about her character at this point.

As I said earlier, she will be directly involved in someone's death. It's almost enough for me to make a bet on it.

She seems to accept EVERYTHING so far about Woodbury at face value. She wants this place to be the perfect life so bad she ignores the signs that have shown. She could have at least humoured Michonne about her suspicions but instead she abandons her friend, who has been close and protected her in the last 8 months, without investigating anything for people she just met. She has tunnel vision with Woodbury and the Governor, and she is so wrapped up around the Governor's love stick she ignores everything around her.

That's why she is idiotic, she doesn't question anything. bad place she knew how Merle was, how can she forget so fast.

I don't see it as idiotic. I see it as tragic. Does no one remember how devastated she was at the CDC when they realize that there was NO hope left? She wanted to die. And the one person who made her stay alive ended up dying anyway. She so desperately needed Woodbury to be the sanctuary she thought was lost that she ignores what Michonne says - which was a pathetic excuse for reasoning anyway. Yes, should could - and should - have investigated the claims made by Michonne, but that brings up back to how desperately she needed the lie of Woodbury to be true. It's only idiotic if you forget that Andrea doesn't know everything WE know.

As I said earlier, she will be directly involved in someone's death. It's almost enough for me to make a bet on it.
In what way? As in she'll pull the trigger? Who do you think it'll be?

In what way? As in she'll pull the trigger? Who do you think it'll be?

I don't think she'll kill anyone (that would be the end for her as a viable character) but her actions will lead to the death of someone or even worse if they still plan on doing the whole
Michonne gets raped by the Governor.
It's how her character is being written. She'll do something dumb and/or naive and someone will die because of it.

Well that's not "directly" involved. I was gonna make a bet with you for the fun of it, but I don't disagree that her inadvertently being the cause (even while trying to avoid such an outcome) is possible.

Well that's not "directly" involved. I was gonna make a bet with you for the fun of it, but I don't disagree that the her inadvertently being the cause (even while trying to avoid such an outcome) is possible.

You can be directly involved and have it be inadvertently. It doesn't have to be one way or the other. If I set up a booby trap for Sawyer and you get killed by it, I was still directly involved in your inadvertent death.:o

You can be directly involved and have it be inadvertently. It doesn't have to be one way or the other. If I set up a booby trap for Sawyer and you get killed by it, I was still directly involved in your inadvertent death.:o
Ha, yeah that's true. I was speaking of her actions (or lack there of) allowing for someone else to do the killing since you did say you don't think she'll be killing anyone. That degree of separation is the important part.

Just curious, but does anyone think Andrea and Michonne had a little something going on when they were out there alone together? It almost seemed like there was something between them other than typical apocalypse camaraderie.

I've noticed that from the jump. They were stranded together for eight months. And for a tough character it was weird seeing Michonne so caring to Andrea in the season premiere. Haven't seen that side of Michonne since that ep. She was very loyal to Andrea. To the point when Andrea begged her to stay a day or two longer at Woodbury. She agreed to despite her hatred and suspicions of the place. I know I'm looking too much into it, but I always got that impression that they were more than just friends who had eachothers backs. Tbh, I was surprised she put up with Andrea for so long. After the season 2 finale I didn't think they would be that close as they were at the beginning of season 3.

Also I don't hate Andrea. Never did. She has done questionable things like side with Shane and seem to dislike not to mention question Rick's leadership. The main problem I have with her this season was with how she flirted with the Gov. It's not very professional or respectful. It's like a stranger, who happens to be the house guest, flirting with the head of the house. When the guest is suppose to be there till he/she get's back on their feet. Come on Andrea hardly knows the guy and she already wants to get in his pants after spending one night there.

I've noticed that from the jump. They were stranded together for eight months. And for a tough character it was weird seeing Michonne so caring to Andrea in the season premiere. Haven't seen that side of Michonne since that ep. She was very loyal to Andrea. To the point when Andrea begged her to stay a day or two longer at Woodbury. She agreed to despite her hatred and suspicions of the place. I know I'm looking too much into it, but I always got that impression that they were more than just friends who had eachothers backs. Tbh, I was surprised she put up with Andrea for so long. After the season 2 finale I didn't think they would be that close as they were at the beginning of season 3.

Also I don't hate Andrea. Never did. She has done questionable things like side with Shane and seem to dislike not to mention question Rick's leadership. The main problem I have with her this season was with how she flirted with the Gov. It's not very professional or respectful. It's like a stranger, who happens to be the house guest, flirting with the head of the house. When the guest is suppose to be there till he/she get's back on their feet. Come on Andrea hardly knows the guy and she already wants to get in his pants after spending one night there.

lol, wut?

Oh yeah, I forgot her total lack of judgment when it came to Shane. She really can pick 'em, huh?

Look, nobody's saying she's a saint. I just don't think she's as OMFGWTF-turrible as you all make her out to be.

Honestly... I understand Andrea. I understand her motives for what she does. I understand her feelings. I understand her when she tells Michonne that she can't take another 8 months going from place to place, living the way they were. We didn't see what these two women went through. Who knows what they saw along the way.

I'm not angry with her. If she knew what the Governor was letting Merle to do Glenn, if she knew what he did to Maggie, do I think she would continue to stay? No, I don't. And it's only a matter of time before she finds out what really happened.

This is just the beginning.

Last edited:
Agree with Sawyer and Zatanna.

Pere's hatred is wildly over-the-top.

I'm not angry with her. If she knew what the Governor was letting Merle to do Glenn, if she knew what he did to Maggie, do I think she would continue to stay? No, I don't. And it's only a matter of time before she finds out what really happened.

The thing is, there's nothing about her that suggests that she will change her course when she finds out. She's been willfully blind to everything going on in Woodbury (I've repeatedly identified things she has seen which would tip her off). She's been irrational, selfish and short-sighted (CDC, wanting to run off with Shane). She's fallen head over heals for a certifiable psychopath in the Governor. Expecting her to all of a sudden have rational thought is not that easy.

She had issues with the group before she got separated, and she might be sore about them "not coming back" for her at the barn incident. She put Woodbury/the Governor before her relationship with Michonne (who only kept her alive for EIGHT MONTHS); why wouldn't she put it above her old group?

[YT]CoJFePnJECA[/YT]

The Governor (about Andrea): "I'm not sure where her loyalties lie."

[YT]AiJ6AvX8JPw[/YT]

It's clear that seeing Daryl triggered her response, she's going to switch sides.

Honestly... I understand Andrea. [....]

Yeah, I understand Andrea too. I still hate the character. Or maybe, a better way of putting that is: I hate what the writers are doing to her character. It's not like I want a "direct from the comics" adaptation, but her experiences on the show have made her such a different person that it's as if the only thing that she shares with her comic counter-part is her name. I understand why she does what she does, and why she makes the decisions that she does. But I hate the writers for putting her into these new situations that just drastically alter her character. Even if she eventually ends up like she is in the comics, I would still dislike her because of all the stuff that she did before.

Also, I dislike the actress playing her (*cough*ducklips*cough*), but that's another matter entirely.

All in all, she's not nearly as annoying as Michonne.

[YT]CoJFePnJECA[/YT]

The Governor (about Andrea): "I'm not sure where her loyalties lie."

[YT]AiJ6AvX8JPw[/YT]

It's clear that seeing Daryl triggered her response, she's going to switch sides.

Although I believe it is Andrea, technically that is just an assumption as he just says "her". [blackout]He could be talking about the Doctor because as you know in the comics, the doctor (although he was a guy in the comics) helped Rick, Glenn and Michonne escape.[/blackout]

Although I believe it is Andrea, technically that is just an assumption as he just says "her". [blackout]He could be talking about the Doctor because as you know in the comics, the doctor (although he was a guy in the comics) helped Rick, Glenn and Michonne escape.[/blackout]

Yeah true but my bets are on Andrea. I hope it's true.

During the whole rescue sequence, i was just dying for her to catch a glimpse of Rick or one of the other group members; that's just the kinda stuff that keeps us on the edge of our seats.

The look on her face when she see's Daryl is priceless.

I haven't read the comics but from what I've heard
there's a character that commits suicide in the comics
Is it too inconceivable to think Andrea could have been opted for as a replacement for that and that it could be directly attributed to her getting someone killed or her wanting back in the old group after the Governor storyline is over and them saying 'no' and because of being kinda left to die anyways she just decides to get it over with.

There needs to be a vote on whether people think Andrea will rejoin the group or stay with the Govs.?

If the Gov. dies and Woodbury is demolished do you think Andrea will try to return to Rick's group or go out on her own or with Woodbury suvivors/strangers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"