The Avengers Ok Guys...Shall we talk DVD/Blu-ray? - Part 1

Ok, the movie just came out, but damn if I can't already wait for this thing to be released on home video! Whedon has already confirmed there will be 30 min of extra footage and it seems like alot of that will be focused on Steve adjusting to the new world, which would be SWEET. It would be nice to get more background on Thor's arrival back to earth as well.

But what would you guys like to see on the DVD/Blu-ray release? And what do you guys think the deleted scenes will consist of?

I disagree, but I guess it depends on what kind of insight you're looking for. I think there's plenty of insight into Joss's intentions and and opinions on how things turned out, but if you're looking for behind-the-scenes anecdotes, it IS very light on those.

I was also pleased to hear how involved Jed and Maurissa seemed to be with the script. Since they'll be his show runners on SHIELD, it's comforting to know they're already pretty knee-deep into this world.

Thanks for the clearing that up, I appreciate it.

In the red: is what I want in commentaries is to know why they did something or there reasons or the meaning behind something/what they were going for in the script or what they were trying to really convey.

That's the part I didn't like about The Incredible Hulk. While sometimes it's interesting, I could care less what they were doing on the set that day/eating.:funny: They should save that for the behind the scenes stuff. Now if it was the whole cast or more than one cast member doing commentary, then that would be more acceptable.
Ed Norton should've done that commentary with Louis Leterrier or at least been there participating.

Speaking of which, Louis Leterrier has an accent and I couldn't make out half of what he was saying and had to keep rewinding. :oldrazz: They should always have subtitles for the commentary too.

I got an email this morning saying I was being refunded for the Pre-Order Price Guarantee for the 4 Disc :D

Just when I thought I got screwed over (since it shipped first, then I saw it was down to 19.99, maybe it was the other way around but still, it was close) and not actually getting the lowest price they come through.

asponge.png

Also, while I'm liking the lenticular packaging I'm glad I was able to snag a Best Buy steelbook. Izznice.

You'll all be aware of the censored version being released in the UK, as well as the shocking lack of extras. While I am disappointed by the extras, I can live without them. And I've seen a picture of the edited scene and it isn't as bad as I imagined.

However, I'm still not sure if I should buy the blu-ray or import a US copy since it is region free. I've noticed in the past with DVD that ntsc is a lower quality to pal, would the film look worse if I imported it than it would if I bought the pal version?

So like I said, I could tolerate the UK version but would obviously prefer the original version. Is it worth the extra cost of importing or should I just buy the UK version?

I dunno. Seems like you're aware of all the pros and cons, you decide.

ticks me off you need a damned credit card for the FREE itunes and FREE second screen app.

If it's FREE why the hell do you need a card of ANY kind?

Last edited:
Is the Second Screen even worth it? It's a rather large app, and if it doesn't feature anything worthwhile (like more B-T-S footage), then I'd rather not waste the space on my iPhone.

I THINK it's the same files under the Shield eagle on the bluray but my tv it's hard to read. (i haven't tried zooming either)
STILL tho you shouldn't have to have a danmed card of ANY KIND if the app is FREE

Hey does anyone know if Walmart is selling the blu ray/dvd combo pack for $19.99? I was told they were.I have heard that Target is and if so does anyone know how long it will be on sale for that price?

Um I think the first few days at Wally World, but they have a different set than best buy and Target

Joss' commentary is up there with Michael Bay and George Lucas as my favorite commentary. He's just so honest towards the film. He knows the weak points and he has no problem pointing them out. Makes me very excited for Avengers 2 since he has learned many things from his first big blockbuster experience

In terms of image quality this movie looks better than Avatar and Tron Legacy. But not better than Baraka that was scanned to 4k from a 70mm print.

I swung by Target yesterday morning, had two $15 target cards (from a credit card rewards thing) and was gonna pick up the 3D four/five disc set. Was very happy that they had them for only $19.99, cause they didn't have the set that was $19.99 (or something like that.) So it was a free movie, and now I can finally see it on mine and the wife's large 3D LED Samsung TV ( I live in pain, so I'm not one to be able to sit in theaters anymore)
Great deal, now just hope they have some good deals in November when the Amazing Spidey 3D Blu-Ray comes out. but as a Spidey-aholic, I'll buy that no matter the cost.

Keep On Thwipin'!!!
Sam

In terms of image quality this movie looks better than Avatar and Tron Legacy. But not better than Baraka that was scanned to 4k from a 70mm print.

********. The blacks on this disc don't come near the image quality of the blacks on the Tron Legacy disc. Not even close.

Joss' commentary is up there with Michael Bay and George Lucas as my favorite commentary. He's just so honest towards the film. He knows the weak points and he has no problem pointing them out. Makes me very excited for Avengers 2 since he has learned many things from his first big blockbuster experience

I agree. Marvel better lock him up for the trilogy. Pay the man at any price.

I do like how they're not charging insane prices for these packages.

I am sorry if this is the wrong place (if so plz direct me where) but can someone get me a screen shot of Cap & Ironman on the two levels when they first learn about Coulson's death?

Well, I finally just saw The Avengers. I got my 3D copy through Amazon.

I like the movie...definite 8/10. I also like how the blu ray shows in full screen on my wide screen TV. I hate when there are black bars at the top and bottom. I also like the that menu is easy to navigate. I haven't tried the second screen....doesn't seem worth the trouble.

Did any else have a problem finding the digital download of the music I have a windows seven I check in my media player and zine player and nothing at all . I can't find the music I got the movie on my computer . Buy not the music aka soundtrack

I just saw on tv where DirectTv says they're selling a "deluxe edition not sold in stores", does anyone know anything about this?

picked up the 3D blu ray special edition. I don't have a 3D bluray player, but if I ever do it will be nice to have.

One nice thing about this movie is there's no letterboxing, because of the screen format they went with. Looks great.

I can't believe on how much better this film looks on HD format.

I just watched in 3D on my TV and it looks pretty good in 3D too. The HD version is very crisp and clear.

Hi guys. Does anyone know where I can watch the 90 minute documentary for the avengers? I don't have the movie as you can see.
I had aleady placed my order with Amazon and then I walk into a Target to find out their DVD/BR have an exclusive bonus disc, I hate when that happens.

Anyone who bought Target's version is the bonus disc worth it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"