The Avengers Ok Guys...Shall we talk DVD/Blu-ray? - Part 1

Man I LOVE the case you have now tho. I wish you could at least buy the case with the light up top.
Why should those of us who bought all the idiviual movies have to buy them again to get the cool cases?
Just part of the price you pay for being a collector. I have several copies of different movies, because they are Limited/Collector's Editions. However, If another Limited/Collector's Edition of a movie, that I like, comes out, then I don't mind buying them again, because it's what I enjoy doing. Blu Ray movies, along with Limited/Collector's Editions of movies and games, is my hobby. I'm pretty sure that I'm not alone in doing that.

You could always look on ebay for whatever case you are looking for. People sell them all the time. Also, you could always sell the movie that comes in the Limited/Collector's Edition case.

Last edited:
We just moved over the weekend. As much as I hate moving, especially on such short notice (signed the lease on Thursday, were in the place by Sunday), one good thing came out of it. The 40" LED TV and Blu-Ray player that were in the living room are now mine. If that's my only reward for hauling all my stuff across the county and up three flights of stairs, I am a happy woman.

The Avengers looks simply incredible on that setu. The CGI looks even better than I remember it from the theater. Details that I had missed while watching it on my computer or a regular DVD/TV stand out on the Blu-Ray. The film is absolutely beautiful. I've watched The Avengers at least once a day since the hideous move process started (we have no cable and I don't feel like hunting for my other movies) and I've been astounded by the visual aspects of the film every single time.

You're right about being able to better appreciate the details. I didn't notice Loki slobbering all over the containment cell glass until a recent rewatch. The magic of home video.

You're right about being able to better appreciate the details. I didn't notice Loki slobbering all over the containment cell glass until a recent rewatch. The magic of home video.
:lmao:

I noticed this too on Blu-ray! He even cleans his lip for a split second before continuing his lines. :hehe:

I had a chance to finally go through the Second Screen app today. Decent stuff.

add that with the target bonus disc (Building A Cinematic Universe) and I'd say that overall the features for The Avengers was Absolutely AWESOME !!!!

:lmao:

I noticed this too on Blu-ray! He even cleans his lip for a split second before continuing his lines. :hehe:

Funny, makes three of us. I didn't notice this until I watched it on BR last weekend again, too. All the times before in theaters I didn't saw it.

That I managed to catch when I watched it in the theater, but on Blu-Ray it was much more vivid. Loki was a bit rabid in that scene, so him spitting all over the glass (and figuratively in the Black Widow's face) fit perfectly. Hiddleston showed how thin Loki's civilized veneer actually is.

Another little bit I caught on BD was the single tear that fell from Phil Coulson's eye as he died. Seeing that upset me all over again. :waa:

That I managed to catch when I watched it in the theater, but on Blu-Ray it was much more vivid. Loki was a bit rabid in that scene, so him spitting all over the glass (and figuratively in the Black Widow's face) fit perfectly. Hiddleston showed how thin Loki's civilized veneer actually is.

Another little bit I caught on BD was the single tear that fell from Phil Coulson's eye as he died. Seeing that upset me all over again. :waa:

Word watching The Avengers on Blu-ray has great enhanced my viewing pleasure, BTW did you ever get the bonus disc ?

Avengers Assemble is written down in the movie. In the TV montage near the end. One of the text boxes reads "Avengers assemble in NYC."

Word watching The Avengers on Blu-ray has great enhanced my viewing pleasure, BTW did you ever get the bonus disc ?

I think you're referring to me? We talked about the bonus disc a few days ago and you gave me hints.

I bought the bonus disc at ebay but it's still on the way.

I think you're referring to me? We talked about the bonus disc a few days ago and you gave me hints.

I bought the bonus disc at ebay but it's still on the way.

Yes sorry lol

Awesome your in for a real treat and you'll be glad you got it.

Guys...
Guys...
Guys seriously...
Guys....
How am I going to watch the commentry
Guys?

You have to buy the US edition and find a way to deal with the region code, I think.

Nope...I don't think the British one has it.

hmmmm not sure how to get you that commentary then lol

Nope...I don't think the British one has it.

As far as I know only the US version has the commentary. If the commentary isn't somewhere online for a reason you have to buy the US edition via amazon.com

No actual dates Astroid, just that it should be out spring 2013

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"