Ok Guys...Shall we talk DVD/Blu-ray? - Part 1

Discussion in 'Marvel's The Avengers' started by Thread Manager, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

STILL can't seem to find a clean video on you tube of the phase two stuff either. Why doesn't marvel release that? WHAT is the sense of not allowing that out? It's ADVERTISING

2. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Yeah some made sense why it was cut. lol

3. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

Got a chance to watch the deleted scenes on the Other Site and I can easily see why all of that stuff was cut. Also, the deleted scene of CA in the alley really reminds me of his shot in TFA where he's throwing his shield towards the camera.

4. Hellion

Hellion Oppa Is Here

Glad it all worked out in the end.

Mine arrived today, will get closer look at everything tonight probably...before or after Evil Dead...lol

5. The Caped Knight

The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Now I'm a little pissed off that this stuff wasn't included in the original Blu-ray release.

6. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

Even before they had decided to cut it out of the film, I still don't even know why they took time to shoot the scenes with the Policeman using the alien gun or the shots of the waitress just walking aimlessly around the streets, let alone picking up the broken pair of glasses inside the bank. I felt like there was no point to any of those scenes really.

If anything, the only part that I liked about the waitress's deleted scene was that there were a few more shots of the film showing some more direct casualties taking place during the attack.

7. A Necessary Evil

A Necessary Evil One. Bad. Day.

Not sure about the single disc DVD, but the bluray and 3 disc DVD had around 30 or so minutes.

Actually it arrived a day early, today. :awesome:

I love it. :hrt:

8. A Necessary Evil

A Necessary Evil One. Bad. Day.

Just saw the phase 2 doc, and gotta say, while I'm loving what I see, and though it's no surprise as we knew it already, it breaks my heart knowing Tony, Steve, Thor, Antman, and the Guardians are getting action..while poor old Mark Ruffalo is twiddling his thumbs for three years, and no Hulk movie his way. :csad:

9. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

I think those made sense when they had the original opening scene for Cap still in. What is jarring is the shots of the waitress in the final film without those other scenes. I think they would have worked, as none of the other characters seem to be in a warzone. She could have conveyed that, including the shots of others being hurt and killed.

The broken pair of glasses, I thought that was simply a shot to show what was planned for the victims. Does it mean something else?

10. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

SOME of that material wasn't available at the time of the bluray/dvd release. But STILL we should be allowed to at least buy that SHIELD dvd.
    I mean how hard is it to show with a Picture that you already own the movies?

11. FABSN13

FABSN13 Well-Known Member

Yeah, pretty sad we won't see the Hulk (and of course Mark Ruffalo) for a long time. :dry:
    I guess in TA2 he'll be smashing a lot of stuff.

12. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

It's better this way for the Hulk.

Look guys, Hulk got two movies and they just didn't go off very well. Let's establish this Hulk and make audiences love him more and then maybe Marvel can do another movie with him.

The problem is Hulk is a very hard character to execute in his own solo-movie. He works much better in a team environment.

13. Marvel

Marvel Well-Known Member

The deleted scenes made this a much darker film.

I had the feeling that they were going for a "Nazi death camp/Auschwitz" vibe and that this was the second group rounded up to be killed. The glasses and watch were in ash of human remains. The cop being killed after we get to know him briefly using the gun was also quite harsh.

I can see why they were cut but I like that they gave the invasion more serious threat.

I'm so glad they cut the Loki talking to the alien during the battle stuff. That's just bad, period.

14. Marvel

Marvel Well-Known Member

Anyway, I love the files and the paper work! I have to figure out what to do with my Stark Expo ticket stub and especially my Donald Blake/Thor NY drivers license.

This post helped me because I didn't know what to do with that "open immediately" envelope.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  15. Silvermoon

Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

Yeah, I can understand why it was cut - it definitely wouldn't have fit with the flow of the film... but at the same time, when The Other said "Our warriors are fearless, they welcome a glorious death." I did like the look on Loki's face and his response of "That may actually be the problem"

16. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Finally got a copy of the cinematic universe phase two!! It still isn't dvd quality but it's better than that Cam footage that was up.

17. Juicy J

Juicy J Well-Known Member

I'm about to drive home from college to my families house to pick up the suitcase.
    I'm so EXCITED!!!! Been waiting for this for months.... t-minus 3 hours till I get to see it!

18. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Well I have yet to actually see it in person. Videos are one thing but I'd still need to see it up close to really change my mind

19. Juicy J

I was a little disappointed the phase 2 preview wasn't actually on the disc. But other than that the box set is awesome. And that disc art is absolutely beautiful..

20. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

wish I could see all that art.
    I found most of Cap's file on-line all that seems missing is the pic of Peggy

21. Adamantium

Adamantium Your King

What do you mean that the Phase 2 preview is not on the actual disc?

22. Juicy J

I thought it'd be on the SHIELD bonus disc thing but it's an unlockable extra you watch on some website. Still cool don't get me wrong, there's a lot of good stuff on there, but I wanted to watch it on my HD tv and not my laptop screen ideally haha.

23. Adamantium

Adamantium Your King

I see. Thanks.

24. TacomaTruck90

TacomaTruck90 Well-Known Member

There's more deleted scenes ?, i saw cap one..loki one and thor one..cap saving family i wish was in the movie..and loki talking to the other i wish was in ...i kinda hope a decade down the line they make a directors cut add everything..a lot of it was pretty cool.

25. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

THAT would be a set I said I would buy, when they first announced this phase one set.
    I don't want to hear "we can't do it", because Jackson did it with the LotR trilogy