Ok Guys...Shall we talk DVD/Blu-ray? - Part 1

Discussion in 'Marvel's The Avengers' started by Thread Manager, Sep 26, 2012.

1. xage

xage Well-Known Member

Avengers Blu-Ray with Slipcover
    [​IMG]

Avengers Costco Exclusive Collectible Cards
    [​IMG]

FYE Tote Bag

[​IMG]

Disney Store Marvel Certified Lithographs

[​IMG]

Walmart Graphic Novel Gift Set
    [​IMG]

Bestbuy Viva Metal Box
    [​IMG]

Besbuy Gift Set
    [​IMG]

Target Blu-ray 3d Exclusive
    [​IMG]

Target Blu-ray Exclusive
    [​IMG]

XAGE's USA Released Avengers Collection
    [​IMG]

2. terry78

terry78 I'm gonna need more rope

Caught some of it at the store earlier, and Hulk really is seamless in his shots. Usually when **** gets to HD you can kind of see the CG much more blatant, but they did a good job.

3. <(o_o)>

<(o_o)> Evangeline Is My Hero!

I don't know what you did wrong on the digital soundtrack download but I didn't need a credit card to redeem it. Did you go to http://www.avengersassembleoffer.com/ & type in your code? The most I had to do was type in the code, then my DOB, name & email address & that was it & then downloaded the soundtrack in the form of a zip file.

4. CGHulk

CGHulk Well-Known Member

You're right about the black levels on Tron Legacy, but there's a lot of color banding.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  5. Optimus27932

Optimus27932 Well-Known Member

Ok, now i need to see which is the best set to buy.Any suggestions anyone who has bought certain copies or have diff sets from diff stores?

6. Adamantium

Adamantium Your King

Arrgh! I haven't got a BluRay player yet. So I thought I'll just enjoy the DVD for now. The only thing that bothers me is that the EXCLUSIVE 90 MINUTE from TARGET is on BluRay. Why would they do that? Who has to see this in BluRay format...it's a documentary folks?

7. Kryptonian Warrior

Kryptonian Warrior The Dawn Is Upon Us

Ah, but it's a High-Def documentary. Welcome to the 21st Century. Just about EVERYTHING is in HD nowadays.

8. jrd550

jrd550 He who is him

I got the Target exclusive with the bonus disc and given that the regular disc is so low on extras I'm glad I did.

9. Trimmings

Trimmings Well-Known Member

Has anyone else received a price drop email from amazon? It seems they're "refunding" $5 because of their pre-order price guarantee. I'm just kind of surprised, because the only copy I got from Amazon was the free bluray for missing out on the box set. Free five bucks is cool

10. Adamantium

Adamantium Your King

I've asked in a couple of spots and they may have not even been seen, so that's okay. Is it not allowed to be discussed?

How can I take parts of my DVDs and make a video with scenes from different movies and make a video? Like you see a video of marvel movies that a fan made on YouTube. How are they ripping their DVDs to make these? Is there a specific software to buy or for free online you use? I really want to make some stuff and I just want to get some real advice from someone here who may know.

11. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Man I wish there was a download for the second screen for my laptop WITHOUT the need for a freaking credit Card.
    That's my biggest gripe right now. It's b.s. that you need to give apple your card # for a FREE program.

12. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Well the player I used to watch my dvds on my laptop is called VLC media player, Not sure there's a way to record/play blurays the same way.
    The VLC player allows recording from dvds and editting like you want BUT most deleted/extended scenes are for the most part on blurays that I can't get onto my laptop. :csad:

EDIT and note, make sure your computer can HANDLE playing dvds first.

13. jrd550

jrd550 He who is him

If you are on a Mac and have the DVD version you can probably use something like Mac the ripper to get the files off the DVD and then edit them in iMovie. Not sure though. Maybe try a forum on fanedit.org ?

14. Silvermoon

Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

There is the web version of the app on the official site: http://marvel.com/avengers_movie (left hand column select Second Screen Experience, then select "Using a Mac or a PC?" in the window that pops up). My only issue with that is that no matter what you're prompted to sync via either BD-Live if your BR player is enabled for it (which mine isn't) or via an Audio sync (which for some reason, no matter how many times I try, how loud I have my stereo system, how non-existant ambient noise is, the app and/or my laptop isn't able to sync). What makes it more annoying, is that when you look at the FAQs (and I think even the Blu-Ray itself makes mention of this) indicates there should also be an option to do a manual sync (this is what I've done in the past for movies like Tron: Legacy, POTC 4, etc...) - unless I'm blind, there's not a manual sync option anywhere on the web app. It's only via BD-Live or Audio

I've emailed the support address they indicated in the FAQs detailing my annoyance and distress at this.

15. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

No, there's a "Second Screen app" that runs on your laptop or Iphone at the same time the Bluray plays. (shows SHIELD files and exclusive second screen files)
    In order to DOWNLOAD that second screen app, you need a danged credit card, I don't have any kind of card and don't WANT one.

16. Adamantium

Adamantium Your King

I'll look into this. I just have my home computer that plays DVDs through Windows Media Player. Is a VLC player something you download or buy? Or did that come on your laptop? I'll google too and look up info on VLC. Thanks.

17. Adamantium

Adamantium Your King

I'll try that forum too. Thanks.

18. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

That's the thing tho, I don't have internet at home, so I can't even use the site version, if it DID work.

To ME it's the fact they say "FREE" when it costs US our card/personal information. That's NOT free no matter how you look at it.

19. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

It's a free player, tho I tried playing the digital copy for the media player yesterday and it was all digitized. Might need an update for the VLC, but it plays fine in regular media player.
    The vlc wouldn't play my Bats Begins or Darknight about amonth ago, but I updated it and now they do so who knows?

Try Cnet for a download.

20. Kryptonian Warrior

Kryptonian Warrior The Dawn Is Upon Us

Yep, I received that same email. The funny thing is I DIDN'T PAY FOR IT IN THE FIRST PLACE! lol The one that was sent to me was the free one since I had pre-ordered the Phase 1 set. So I got The Avengers for free, and now I'm getting a $5 refund. Amazon is awesome.

21. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Yeah saw the pm! NICE set!!

22. The Caped Knight

The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Joss commentary is pretty damn funny lol.

23. Adamantium

Adamantium Your King

I will Roger that.

You're not or know of another member taking on a squadron dowm on Sixth...right?:oldrazz:

24. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

lol na, but I AM a Security Officer with a Corp. Ranking lol

25. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

MY fave thing out of the whole Target 4 disc set was the ending of the bonus disc lol the filming of the Shwarma scene hahaha

The commentary was nice. I learned a few things I didn't know