The Avengers Ok Guys...Shall we talk DVD/Blu-ray? - Part 1

I had aleady placed my order with Amazon and then I walk into a Target to find out their DVD/BR have an exclusive bonus disc, I hate when that happens.

Anyone who bought Target's version is the bonus disc worth it?
Yes and no, it's mostly extended interviews from all the movies.
There's alot of added content to much of the interviews we've seen tho. I think it was worth it, if you liked the interviews.

It's time for my marathon I'm going to watch all 6 films back to back.

Hmm... apparently, Paramount's deal also extended to Disney using their home entertainment logo on both the DVD and Blu-ray. But the Disney Movie Rewards insert (which doubles as the Avengers Assemble Offer), language options at disc start-up, and the sub menu layouts are clearly Disney's.

To ME it's the fact they say "FREE" when it costs US our card/personal information. That's NOT free no matter how you look at it.

Unless you look at it as 'does it cost any money', because then, yeah, it is free.

Hmm... apparently, Paramount's deal also extended to Disney using their home entertainment logo on both the DVD and Blu-ray. But the Disney Movie Rewards insert (which doubles as the Avengers Assemble Offer), language options at disc start-up, and the sub menu layouts are clearly Disney's.

If you look at the BR set it says distributed by Buena Vista.

I swung by Target yesterday morning, had two $15 target cards (from a credit card rewards thing) and was gonna pick up the 3D four/five disc set. Was very happy that they had them for only $19.99, cause they didn't have the set that was $19.99 (or something like that.) So it was a free movie, and now I can finally see it on mine and the wife's large 3D LED Samsung TV ( I live in pain, so I'm not one to be able to sit in theaters anymore)
Great deal, now just hope they have some good deals in November when the Amazing Spidey 3D Blu-Ray comes out. but as a Spidey-aholic, I'll buy that no matter the cost.

Keep On Thwipin'!!!
Sam

Hope movies are able to lessen your discomfort

Does the 4 disc set have more features than the 2 disc set?

I got the Target exclusive with the bonus disc and given that the regular disc is so low on extras I'm glad I did.

Hey i was in Target today and decided to go on and get it.I was watching the 90min bonus disc but i didnt get to finish it, had to come to work.This gives me all weekend to enjoy this movie. :word:

Arrgh! I haven't got a BluRay player yet. So I thought I'll just enjoy the DVD for now. The only thing that bothers me is that the EXCLUSIVE 90 MINUTE from TARGET is on BluRay. Why would they do that? Who has to see this in BluRay format...it's a documentary folks?

Trust me when i say this. When you finally get a bluray player and if yo uhavent already gotten a HDtv you will wonder why you stuck with reg dvds for so long.Everything is SOOOOOO much more superior on bluray from picture to sound, the clarity is just so much more better.Another good movie to get on bluray is Transformers Dark Of The Moon.

If you look at the BR set it says distributed by Buena Vista.

Yeah... in the small print on the back and on the discs themselves. Most of the casual fans won't care, since Paramount's logo is on the packaging and their home entertainment disc opening is used.

Even though Blu-ray is the quality standard now (and it looks as good as everyone says it is), but the DVD looks very good too. Resolution wasn't as good, obviously, but the detail and colors are very good for standard-def. I'm glad Disney is still maintaining great picture quality for all formats, and not dropping the ball like some studios have for DVD.

I got the DVD from amazon, I was extremely impressed on how fast it took to get to me, I didn't have it on expressed shipping, I got it two days after ordering...I watched the deleted scenes first the best scene was extended one with Loki, Dr.Selvig and Hawk I kinda wished thst was in the movie, however I thought 45 minutes was cut they only gave us 15? Of deleted or extended scenes? If they use the other stuff for phase II that's great! I thought features were cool, gag reel was alright didn't get the humor, the commentary from Joss was so cool, I was suprised for movie of that caliper they had budget cuts ( ex Loki appearing multiple times to confuse hulk cut) and I saw it on 3d for first time it was like see a new movie... I overall loved the Avengers it's my new favorite movie and hooked officially on this comic book stuff

I love it on 3D....makes me so glad I spent the money to be able to watch 3D at home. This is one of the best movies I have seen on 3D.... lol...though the Smurfs is also a good 3D movie.

Yeah I was reluctant to move on to Blu-ray as well. However, once I got my PS3 and HDTV, I got more and more open to Blu-ray. Plus Blu-ray releases are much more affordable now and sold discounted at retail far more often. I think it helps that my PS3 still plays all DVD as well so it didn't make my whole DVD collection obsolete. And even DVD looks better on my HDTV, but Blu-ray just looks better. You are getting sharper picture and better sound quality. The discs hold more content. It's for the best.

I'm bummed that Whedon ended the commentary before Thanos popped up. He spoke of Thanos and Starlin at the 30 minute mark so I was hoping he'd elaborate further with the big guy on the screen.

Seeing Thanos in my 50" 1080p TV makes me terrifically excited for GOTG and TA2.

I'm watching the Target exclusive disc right now. It's a really cool documentary and does like a crash course on Marvel history before basically going over the whole Marvel Cinematic Universe.

It's also quite revealing as they talk honestly about some of the problems they were having on the movies and when they first started producing their own movies. Jeremy Latcham said when they were pitching Iron Man to writers no one wanted to work on it or write it! I mean think about that, the company was sending like e-mail blasts on the Iron Man property and industry bigwigs did NOT want to work on it and probably thought "feh look at this upstart company. They have no idea what they are doing."

I'm sure there were doubts, but you think some of these hotshots would've learned from I dunno X-Men, Spider-Man, Batman, and Superman already.

EDIT:

OK the doc does seem to gloss over Incredible Hulk and it's flaws and under performance. Meh won't harp on that.

Last edited:
How many days in a row can I watch Avengers? :D

Any chances to get Second Screen content in HD (720p or 1080p)?

I love it on 3D....makes me so glad I spent the money to be able to watch 3D at home. This is one of the best movies I have seen on 3D.... lol...though the Smurfs is also a good 3D movie.

Say whaaaaaaaat...?

Dazed_Papa_Smurf.gif

Lol you guys are so up-to-date with technology. Still having a dvd player(360) makes me feel like I did when I had a VCR and dvds first came out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"