The Avengers Ok Guys...Shall we talk DVD/Blu-ray?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much for the briefcase with all the movies inside? Where would you even purchase that from?

How much for the briefcase with all the movies inside? Where would you even purchase that from?

That special edition got pushed back into spring 2013. Before it got pushed back, Amazon had it for 150 and other places had it for 200 plus.

Then how the heck are they still claiming it as a 4-disc set when there's only 3 discs?

Edit: Nevermind. It looks like you still have to put in a disc to get the digital copies of everything they're offering. The unboxing video just didn't show him lifting up the DVD disc to uncover the 4th disc.

Oh. :doh: I don't know why Disney is skimping on the Blu-ray packaging and stacking THREE discs on the same hub. For the biggest superhero film out there, that's a lame cost-cutting measure on their part.

I think I'm just going to just buy the DVD for now. I've seen most of the Blu-ray exclusive extras already (blooper reel, deleted scenes, et al), and most of them are a one-time only viewing. The only thing that's likely to get a repeat watch from me is Whedon's commentary, which is also on the DVD.

I figure I can get the Blu-ray used when I get a Blu player...

I take it you're not up to speed with the editions that Europe were given then? Europe got both a censored movie and disks light on features compared, to the U.S. So when I see posts on here showing just how much you guys have got, I cant help but be both jealous [of you guys] and angry [at Marvel and Disney].

No it is going to be $20 this week. Apparently ther is an internal memo going around to Target stores to readjust the price and its shownig up as such on the mobile app.
That would mean the 4-disc with no extra disc would be down to like $15 to offset it not having the extra disc. When you go on their website to click on the ads, it shows a list of the different versions with the Target exclusive one showing as the default, but the actual products are listed at the price I said they were in a previous post. I guess we'll find out by actually going to Target or maybe them updating their website on Tuesday's release.

Walgreens here (Wisconsin) has the DVD for $17.99 (with store card)

saw the avengers assembled doc.
i was waiting for them to mention TIH not really making a splash. or IM2 not really living up to the first one for the GA. they just sort of glance over it and mention they did really well. the doc follows the releases of all the movies, and stops as the avengers is barely released. so you don't get a see their reaction to the avengers being a huge hit. it is all just speculation of the movie doing great. we don't get to see their reaction of how well it did in this documentary. though i think that says something about them. they don't need to praise themselves, their ultimate goal was to make the movie.
i did enjoy it.

where can i see this doc? I dont plan on getting the Target exclusive lol

That would mean the 4-disc with no extra disc would be down to like $15 to offset it not having the extra disc. When you go on their website to click on the ads, it shows a list of the different versions with the Target exclusive one showing as the default, but the actual products are listed at the price I said they were in a previous post. I guess we'll find out by actually going to Target or maybe them updating their website on Tuesday's release.

Rumor has it that in the Target sales ad they showed a Bu-Ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo set for 19.99 the problem is the Blu-Ray/DVD combo doesn't come with a digital copy so their apparently going to be offering the 3d 4-disc set with digital copy for 19.99 in place of it. I guess I'll find out Tuesday if it's real.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=205579

Last edited:
Rumor has it that in the Target sales ad they showed a Bu-Ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo set for 19.99 the problem is the Blu-Ray/DVD combo doesn't come with a digital copy so their apparently going to be offering the 3d 4-disc set with digital copy for 19.99 in place of it. I guess I'll find out Tuesday if it's real.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=205579
Guess I found where I'm getting mine now. It looks like the non-Target exclusive 3D version is the one being reduced to $19.99; the one that includes the Target-exclusive disc is still $24.99, which is how it's listed in the Target print ad. I think that is what was confusing me as it was being discussed since I thought people were saying the Target exclusive was going down to the adjusted $19.99 price.

Last edited:
Still getting the Target version. Can't find anything about the inside of that Walmart book, and the last Avengers books THEY had were crap even for kids imo.

After checking 4 of the Best Buys in town, finally found the steelbook preorder case.

Yeah, they had the display by the home theater stuff in our Best buy. Sort of out of view from the dvd section

I'll probably get the regular DVD/Bluray combo at Target. I don't have a bluray player yet, but will have to eventually change over.

I'll probably get the regular DVD/Bluray combo at Target. I don't have a bluray player yet, but will have to eventually change over.
Be sure to get the 3D version which is the same price. Even if you won't ever own a 3DTV you can sell the disc on Ebay

Okay, so Target IS selling the 3D combo pack for $19.99. Better deal overall.

Is the 3D combo pack the same size of a DVD case or
a Blu Ray case. Because I hate when they aren't te same as a DVD.

It's a bluray case. The red DVD/BR 2 disc set is a DVD case. Not to be confused withe the blue BR/DVD set which is in a bluray case as well

Be sure to get the 3D version which is the same price. Even if you won't ever own a 3DTV you can sell the disc on Ebay
Too much hassle for me...but a good idea for those that want to do it.

I'll make my own regular box to go with my other Marvel movies.

Do you think the best buy exclusive will be sold out by 4 pm . That's when I get off work

Too much hassle for me...but a good idea for those that want to do it.

I'll make my own regular box to go with my other Marvel movies.
The target exclusive will come in a bluray case . Target just messed up there ad.

I'm going to be watching at least half of Avengers every day for the foreseeable future while I work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"