The Avengers Ok Guys...Shall we talk DVD/Blu-ray?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want a my blu-ray set inside a life size Iron Man armour replica. Anything else will be sub standard.

I know what the time line of the MCU is but I'd like to see a feature where they've cut up the movies to give you an official time line. And as far as the cover goes I just want the Avengers A on it. Simple, clean, iconic.

Oh God. I'm trying to imagine a steel box with a SHIELD logo in it then inside there's IM1&2, Thor, TIH, and CATFA Blu ray disc .... :p

They better come out with a special edition DVD/ Blu-Ray box that goes with something, it would sell more than the DVD itself, in my opinion of course.

Thor was released September 13, 2011. Iron Man 2 on September 28, 2010. That should give an idea on The Avengers. As for an extended cut, it won't happen. Hasn't with any of the lead-in movies. Plus, the movie doesn't need it. Pacing was perfect, as was the length. Include deleted scenes, sure, but no extended cut.

Man, I hope these BR releases would come out earlier! It takes too long!

With the kind of following Avengers has, someone will probably make an unofficial extended edition won't they?

I'd love a cast commentary track with all of the Avengers on it.

But there's no chance in hell of that happening.

I guess they could split it up. One track with the director, producer/writers. A second track with RDJ, Hemsworth, Ruffalo, and Evans. Then another track with Gregg, Johansson, Smulders, Renner, and Jackson.

Has Sam Jackson ever done a commentary track?
What, no Hiddleston? :oldrazz:

I dont want to push anything against the better judgement of a director.
This is my view. If an extended edition gets put out, fine... I'll probably buy it, but if the studio doesn't want to and Joss doesn't want to, I'm perfectly fine with the deleted scenes being just that, an extra feature on the Blu-Ray.

As for my hope for special features?

Audio Commentary with Joss
Audio Commentary with the main cast (break them up into groups if needed, if they do... I would say at the very least Hemsworth and Hiddleston need to be on the same track for certain) - if Joss pops in on that audio commentary as well, good.
Deleted Scenes
Lots of behind the scenes features/documentaries
Some featurettes on the various globe trotting they did for premieres
Gag Reel (MUST!!!!)

and probably a lot of other stuff that my brain doesn't want to think of right now *lol*

I agree, i mean if Joss doesnt want to...so be it. I think we're all just salivating at the mouth for MORE Avengers so much that we're all craving a longer movies instead of just spilt up deleted scenes. Would i love a 3 hour Avengers movie? HELL YES. But it needs to make sense, we have to keep in mind that deleted scenes are usually deleted for a reason. It worked for Watchmen, it worked for Daredevil (relatively speaking), but the deleted scenes need to add to the movie and not interrupt the narrative.

...That said...PLEASE WHEDON GIVE US AN EXTENDED VERSION!

I think this movie at least deserves the X-Men 1.5 DVD treatment in terms of special features (that thing was loaded). I don't feel we need an extended cut because the movie we got works (unlike the original theatrical cut of Daredevil) but I certainly wouldn't complain if we got it.

There will probably be plenty of deleted scenes and extras (nom), but I don't think anything will be included to Joss's cut....he was clear he made the movie that he wanted, and I was overjoyed with how it turned out.

I think this movie at least deserves the X-Men 1.5 DVD treatment in terms of special features (that thing was loaded). I don't feel we need an extended cut because the movie we got works (unlike the original theatrical cut of Daredevil) but I certainly wouldn't complain if we got it.

Yeah, the directors cut SHOULD have always been the theatrical cut. It's a shame because it's actually quite good.

I agree about the DVD too, it should be LOADED with features, the more the merrier!! It would be very cool having a stunt featurette too.

10 discs?! Sold.

Not really a fan of the DVD/2 disc Blu Ray covers though.

Only two featurettes? I am kind of underwhelmed with those features, to be honest. I think a movie of this magnitude deserved more. But's still early, and there could be more to those features than a simple listing lets on.

Only two featurettes? I am kind of underwhelmed with those features, to be honest. I think a movie of this magnitude deserved more. But's still early, and there could be more to those features than a simple listing lets on.

The reason for only two featurettes is because the bulk of the extra material is housed in Disney's Second Screen App that's actually really great.

I've used it for Tron Legacy and Real Steel and it's really nice watching the film, having it synced wireless to your Blu Ray player and your tablet and you're getting a wealth of information on it. They tend to be very informative.

Found this on Blu-ray.com. I'm praying this is just a mock-up.

30654_front.jpg

No Black Widow, Hawkeye, or Fury and you can't see Cap's face. :facepalm: If they're going to half-ass it like that, I'd rather them just have the poster as the cover.

I'm sure that's just a mockup. It seems way too early for Marvel to announce a cover for the Blu-ray.

Not to mention Thor's blatantly flipped head.

Yeah, that too.

And I doubt the cover will have "Marvel's The Avengers" on it like that. It'll probably just be "The Avengers" (or "Avengers Assemble" for you wacky Brits :oldrazz:) with the Marvel logo above it.

tz0oA.jpg

0s8aO.jpg

YfwfW.jpg

4-Disc BD Combo Pack, 2-Disc BD Combo Pack and 2-Disc DVD Combo Pack Special Features:
• AUDIO COMMENTARY BY DIRECTOR JOSS WHEDON
• MARVEL ONE-SHOT: ITEM 47
• SECOND SCREEN
• GAG REEL
• DELETED SCENES
- Alternate Opening - Maria Hill Interrogation
- Extended Scene - Loki & Barton Strategize
- Steve Rogers - Man Out of Time
- Nick Fury & World Security Council
- Extended Viaduct Fight - Raw Footage
- Fury & Hill Discuss the World Security Council
- Extended Scene - Banner and Security Guard