Ok, I've had it with Variant cover!!!

Discussion in 'Misc. Comics' started by mybotisgone, Nov 13, 2007.

1. mybotisgone

mybotisgone Registered

I've had it. I find out my brother still getting Variant cover from both Marvel and Dynamite Entertainment. And both me and my mother for the last three months and to help him pay off his other debts. But after seeing what the idiot brother of mine mess he made will no longer get any more Variant covers. In fact I'm seeing the same problem happening at the comic book shop we go to where most of comic book shop customers wasted a lot of money on Variant covers. A lot of the comic book shop customers said that they stopped getting the covers because it cost them to much. A lot of them almost went broke over it. So, Marvel and Dynamite, keep your @$%#ing Variant covers as far as I care!!!:cmad:

2. Themanofbat

Themanofbat Never Mind the Buttocks...

Sounds like the problem is more with your brother's inabilty to properly budget his income when it comes to purchasing comics.

I buy many books that offer "variant" covers, and most of the time, I simply choose the one that appeals to me the most, and that's what everybody (where money might be a concern) should do.

Just my two cents...

:yay:

3. mybotisgone

mybotisgone Registered

One guy I talked to said that his Variant cover goes like mostly with Marvel's 50/50 orders to get the Variant cover or like Civil War you had to order 100 copies and to get the special sketch cover.:wow: The store made it to where you had to pay 50x the original price to make up for the stores losses. The store has to make up for there losses somehow. PS, my brother finally quit with the Variant covers.

4. GNR

GNR Registered

Just don't buy it.My store has racks of variants at the counter,but I never feel tempted to buy them.

5. KevanG

KevanG Pragmatic Villain

I've never really seen the point of it. It's the same damn story with a different cover... we don't need 15 cover variations for one story.

6. Addendum

Addendum Registered

I'm surprised that anyone still does the gimmick covers.

Didn't comics learn anything from the 90s?

7. Anubis

Anubis Sup?

As long as there are idiots still willing to buy it, their will be variant covers.

8. Darthphere

Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

For a second, I thought this was going to be a revolt against the poster Varient.

9. Anubis

Anubis Sup?

Heh, me too.

10. Aristotle

Aristotle Registered

Let's compare the two, shall we?

The 1990s:
    Rampant companywide crossovers promising to change everything, and not delivering.
    Marvel releasing dozens of X-overs that only led into the next X-over, rarely advancing any characters or stories.
    Stupid variant covers.
    ****house artists like Rob Liefeld enjoying superstar status, even though everyone who used to love him will later jump on a bandwagon and claim they never did.
    Endless gimmicks over hero deaths or pseudo-deaths, notably Superman and Batman, but not limited to them.
    ******ed indie comics being treated like the new ****in' business just because they don't have MARVEL or DC on the cover.

The 2000s:
    Rampant companywide crossovers promising to change everything, and not delivering.
    Marvel releasing dozens of X-overs that only lead into the next X-over, rarely advancing any characters or stories.
    Stupid variant covers.
    ****house artists like whoever's the guy doing The Flash gaining enough credence to threaten to become the dominant style, even though everyone who used to love that style will later jump on a bandwagon and claim they never did.
    Endless gimmicks over hero deaths or pseudo-deaths, notably Captain America and almost the entirety of the JLI and Young Justice*, but not limited to them.
    ******ed indie comics being treated like the new ****in' business just because they don't have MARVEL or DC on the cover.

No, doesn't look like comics learned much at all.

*OK, comics learned that any superteam from the 1990s must die.

11. Joker

Joker Registered

I do the same...I only buy variants every time for 2 series (Buffy and Angel) or when I really like both covers (USM has had a few of these, as has All Star Batman)

12. yenaled

yenaled 3X2(9YZ)4A

What have Variant cover done!?!

13. JackRembrandt

JackRembrandt Registered

This thread cracks me up and confuses the hell out of me at the same time.