Ok - the truth - rate (movie) Venom from 1-5

Batmans Spirit

Civilian
Reaction score
I'll be honest. I loved 1 & 2. But i did not really like 3 at all. And i hated everything about Venom from his design to his writing. I just hated pretty much everything about him. I can't believe how much they took away from his comic counterpart - which would have benefited the movie.
I could go on about his small boring fight scene to - being killed in the same movie and same night he was created. But you guys have heard everyones opinion and seen the movie so just go ahead and rate then spill your thoughts..

Meh. The only thing that really pisses me off is when he's taken out of the final battle for about 3 minutes just so we can see more of giant Sandman.

Meh. The only thing that really pisses me off is when he's taken out of the final battle for about 3 minutes just so we can see more of giant Sandman.

yes that made me mad, and the only other thing is that he did all of his talking as eddie instead of the cool venom voice.

and to the guy who started this, I think he looks almost perfect when you look at the comic. I just got the birth of venom comic the other day, and movie venom looks JUST like him, maybe a tiny bit smaller, but still. I was very happy with movie venom to be honest.

Very good, but his voice was able to be better, more deep, etc. and his tongue could be longer... but i've been satisfied with design of Venom in Spidey 3... so satisfied, that i bought Venom bust... :sym:

Im gonna have to give him a 4, I thought Raimi did an excellant but no where near perfect job. I dont know why people say how much was taken away from his comic book counterpart. Whats to take away lol? They added more depth to him IMO.

Pros-
* Better origin than the comics, better connection and reason to hate Peter.
* Loved that he looked close to the original McFarlene design, in terms of lean muscle mass. Im not a fan of the hulkish size Venom nor the long massive tongue. Loved the updated design and the webs.

Cons-
* Brock needed a lot more screen time and character development. Would have loved to have seen more riverly between him and Peter. Also some more scenes showing how disturbed and stalkerish he is.
* Venom's voice did not bother me, but I would have prefered more of a hybrid voice like how it was in the game.
* Venom's screen time could have been a lil bit longer. I would prefered seeing more of him outside of a fight, but I expected small screen time.

Looking back, I have to say Venom was handled pretty poorly. Gopher was a miscast, he had barely any screentime, his motivations were unconvincing, he constantly pulled back his Venom face, and to top it all off he died at the end. :down

The only aspect I liked about his interpretation was the look.

Looking back, I have to say Venom was handled pretty poorly. Gopher was a miscast, he had barely any screentime, his motivations were unconvincing, he constantly pulled back his Venom face, and to top it all off he died at the end. :down

The only aspect I liked about his interpretation was the look.
Lol, Topher (+) Grace = Gopher :woot:

I have no problem with how Venom looked or talked...but Eddie Brock was handled poorly. Eddie Brock had no character development and was in maybe 3 short scenes before his climactic final battle as Venom. It was a slow buildup to a higher plateu and so it never really reached it.

I liked him all around. He could use a little bit more screentime and NOT die at the end. He needed to be the villain in a sequel. Come on!

Im gonna have to give him a 4, I thought Raimi did an excellant but no where near perfect job. I dont know why people say how much was taken away from his comic book counterpart. Whats to take away lol? They added more depth to him IMO.

Pros-
* Better origin than the comics, better connection and reason to hate Peter.
* Loved that he looked close to the original McFarlene design, in terms of lean muscle mass. Im not a fan of the hulkish size Venom nor the long massive tongue. Loved the updated design and the webs.

Cons-
* Brock needed a lot more screen time and character development. Would have loved to have seen more riverly between him and Peter. Also some more scenes showing how disturbed and stalkerish he is.
* Venom's voice did not bother me, but I would have prefered more of a hybrid voice like how it was in the game.
* Venom's screen time could have been a lil bit longer. I would prefered seeing more of him outside of a fight, but I expected small screen time.

Agreed, this is pretty much what I would have posted.

I give him a 3. The appearance gets a 5, but the way he was handled (for all of those 15 minutes) were not as good as they could have been.

I thought Topher did an awesome job. I loved Venom in this movie and his look was amazing. I especially loved the webbing on the costume to match Spidey's. The only problem I had is NOT enough Venom/Eddie Brock. We really didn't get that ultimate Spider-man vs. Venom fight and Eddie Brock didn't get the time needed to really develop his character. I also didn't like that whole "team up" with Sandman.
But to be honest,I loved everything about him. I just wish there was more of him to watch. His creation in the belltower still gives me goosebumps. Just...amazing.

I thought he was ... ok.

As Venom, the look was pretty decent. Personally, I prefer the obvious size difference between Spidey and Venom that is often seen in the comics, but the film was using the "Ultimate" version of Eddie Brock Jr., rather than Eddie Brock. So that's alright.

I also liked Venom's look a lot, but didn't like how little screentime he had, so much wasted potential.

I'm not a mega Venom fan...but I was impressed by what they did with him in SM3

Brock could have been developed a tad more but overall, I was satisfied with Venom and I felt he served his purpose well.

I give him a 4.

Brock could have been developed a tad more but overall, I was satisfied with Venom and I felt he served his purpose well.

I give him a 4.

Same here.

Glad I'm not alone :up:

I give him a 4.

Exactly. People always gripe about Venom and Topher Grace in SM3, blah blah blah. He did fine, and Venom was great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"