Okay Marvel,.. U have my attention - Don't Blow it.

Discussion in 'Marvel Comics' started by Varient, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Marcdachamp Registered

Poor Varient. This thread was destroyed.

I agree on most of your points, V. There's good stuff coming out right now. This was a pretty good week. :up:

2. Varient Guru for Geeks

No Pain,.. a lot knew what I meant and addressed it.

Props to CS in ref to being happy I've a positive interest,... Marvel up to this point seemed to be spiraling into a serious nosedive.

But sumbody threw down a challenge because I've been impressed by the drastic improvement of both art and Storytelling.

Highpoints:
    Chuckling at Spidey and Hulk convo.

Thinking "You Go boy!" as Cage ramps it up, uses a car as a stepping stone and leaps a good twenty feet to get into the departing QuinJet.

Snorting at the Logan Peter convo:
    "I've got Beer"
    LOL

Returning to the New Universe,...... I liked the original story/crossover when Quasar was stranded there and needed the starbrand to get home,.. so having the Exiles show up and meet some of my old friends was good

Smiling at Beak and Angel FINALLY getting a happy ending.

Sorry,.. but Marvel has made a drastic improvement in the last two weeks.

Go figure.

3. Muze Registered

i think your signature says it all. you should drop your fiance and hook up with NotJake.

hey. it's friday evening. there are people at happy hour. and i'm at work. i am salty. what do you want from me?:mad:

no, really, i could comment all day about how nothing Bendis does is original or how i find his dialogue grating. but 'bendis sux' is so much more powerful a statement. Have you ever read one of his interviews? i have and they always make me really angry. and he killed Ant-Man. that's all i really need to know about the guy; eff constructive.

4. Marcdachamp Registered

His interviews are usually well done. Just my opinion. He comes off as pretty down to Earth. A lot of creators get so full of themselves that they come off as arrogant pr1cks (i.e. John Byrne), but Bendis doesn't let his popularity go to his head.

5. deemar325 Registered

He doesn't let it go to his head?! aww..forget it!

I can see the up swing in some books but, come-on "Decimation" is just another ploy to get into our pockets.

6. Colossal Spoons Paper boi

Oh, I'm with you on that one. All that "Reread it knowing what you know about Wanda" crap really got on my nerves too. Like I said, I'm not even a big fan of the guy but I don't wanna insult him. Is he chubby and bald? Yes, but people have been probably telling him that since the 3rd grade. Does he offer Joey Q certain "favors" so he can have his way with the MU? Probably, but before that we had Austen doing the sam thing.

[​IMG]

Bendis says "Don't hate, just don't buy"

7. deemar325 Registered

If I was German I'd $h!t! in his mouth.
    :mad:

8. Muze Registered

i don't buy. and i submit that the problem with his eye was bad karma for exploiting Hawkeye.

9. Colossal Spoons Paper boi

Hahahahahaha, why in his mouth?

10. deemar325 Registered

To make sure he gets a taste of his own medicine.

11. Muze Registered

i think i'd rather send a Jack of Hearts robot to his office.

12. deemar325 Registered

Also I'd potty train my newborn with his face, If my son was German.

13. deemar325 Registered

And don't forget Ant-manII, crawling up his prostate and enlarging.

14. Colossal Spoons Paper boi

Ouch man, save that for Austen.

15. deemar325 Registered

Austen's career is over for the most part, Bendis is still going strong with his wholesale rape of Marvel.

16. Nightwolf Registered

After reading this weeks comics im very happy with where marvel is going. I didnt like HoM at all but I thought Day After was better than any of those issues. I was apprehensive about Decimation but seeing as most of my favorite characters are still there Im free to enjoy the stories that will come out of it. And i know the characters who did get depowered are gonna come back at some point anyway.

17. Arkady Rossovich Registered

You have every right to have wishful thinking.Marvel has ALOT of problems [to the die-hard fans like myself,its not going away anytime soon] and for you to have praise in them,means alot.

18. Muze Registered

gee, i wish that i could be a marvel zombie again. when are they going to put out something that i really like?

19. Dread TMNT 1984-2009

Okay, I'll contribute to the positive stuff, because as critical as I am about HOM and all, Marvel still is putting out some good stuff.

Marvel has my attention (and in a good way) with:

-RUNAWAYS having their characters meet up with Cloak again and travel across the coast. I don't blame Vaughan for wanting to drum up sales for a book that sells in the Top 70 and c'mon, everyone wants to know how he'd write Spider-Man.

-Slott getting more work, and GLX coming out in December!

-Ennis launching a heck of an entertaining ride with GHOST RIDER, which is selling pretty well.

-I have to admit, Colossus vs. Mr. Sinister in COLOSSUS: BLOODLINE I never saw coming.

-MTU continuing to be published for another arc despite abysmal sales, allowing Kirkman to give characters like Terror, Speedball, Sleepwalker, Darkhawk, and Gravity a shot at the stars.

-ULTIMATE X-MEN proving that Vaughan continues to rock, and regardless of delays with Singer, a few follow up issues from Kirkman should be great.

-YOUNG AVENGERS being the most Avengers-ish book there is with characters who continue to unfold before us. Who says new characters can't sell these days; YA still sells in the Top 30!

-Mark Brooks getting more work.

-RUNAWAYS, YOUNG AVENGERS and MTU having absolutely nothing to do with HOM in the slightest. At least Marvel hasn't had their event infiltrate EVERY book they put out, unlike DC with INFINITE CRISIS (for good or ill).

-Whedon and Cassaday returning for another round of ASTONISHING X-MEN next year. Yeah, yeah, DANGER wasn't so hot, but it was still better than a slew of X-books at their BEST. And Marvel decided to stick with the numbering so it'll continue with issue #13, to boot.

The moral? Just because you may be frustrated with Marvel's current policies doesn't mean that all of their books are bad, and that doesn't mean you should boycott the entire company. Just the books you dislike. ;)

20. Kirk Langstrom FRANCINE!!!!

I'll contribute;

Marvel Team Up: Lump me in with those who appreciate the tightened continuity, and who are looking forward to some obscure Marvel characters to be featured next arc.

Marvel Monsters: Fin Fang Four, Where Monsters Dwell, and Monsters On The Prowl were all a wonderful Halloween treat and a nostalgic nod to old Silver Age Marvel, which i love. (havent read Hulk/Devil Dinosaur yet, but its on my agenda).

Marvel Knights: Fantastic Four. Sacassa has been impressing me greatly the past six months or so. Far more than the higher profile Straczynski has on the main FF title (cosmic yaketty-yak, imo). His Ben Grimm story from #22 was the best Thing story ive read in YEARS. Looking forward to what he does with MK:Spider-Man.

New Thunderbolts. Just discovered it with the recent New Avengers ass kicking, and fell in love! Nicieza, like Slott and Kirkman, has a great feel and lots of love for continuity. I cant get enough.

Marvel's continued support of Spider-Girl is also a plus. Despite slipping sales, Marvel has pushed it on the TPB market, where it has apparently found an audience and is showing a profit. For the first time since its inception, the title is NOT teetering on cancellation.

Hints for continued success; Continuity and patience.

21. Dr.Fear Registered

marvel still doesnt have my attention, im extremely dissapointed with iron man one of the most books i was loooking forwad too, but now its all gone to hell. marvel knights fan four sucks like hell. i admit i enjoy runaways(but i dont think thats due to marvel, vaugn is just a great writer). new avengers is getting a little weak ive lost interest in who ronin is, so i can give ****s less who it is.

22. BrodieBruce Registered

Iron Man is a book you can't really enjoy until you've had sweet sweet sex

23. Kirk Langstrom FRANCINE!!!!

Lol. Same with Marvel Knights: FF.

24. Erundur Registered

Squirrel Girl? :confused:

25. Dr.Fear Registered

too bad your joke sucked and has been done to death. great way to make a pointless post.