Old-school cartoons!!!!

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Orko Is King, Jun 24, 2002.

1. Orko Is King Registered

What he said.

2. Lazlo Panaflex Registered

How many threads are there about old cartoons? I know I've must of posted on a million of them.

3. bengali The new Thundercat Lord!

Where are the Herculoids? and Superfriends?

4. JackBauer Registered

people, is it really that hard to understand the concept of the thread? did you guys even read Orko's first post?! did you actually comprehend it? did you read WallCrawl's post stating that you guys were missing the point?

cause it sure doesn't look so...

5. Kable24 Member of the NRA

Then explain it to us oh wise one.

6. JackBauer Registered

good lord, there's no need for me to explain! just look at WallCrawl's post!

7. Dr. Fate Registered

Old shows I like -

He-Man & The Masters of the Universe
    GI Joe
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987)
    Garfrield & Friends
    The Real Ghostbusters (before they jumped the shark by placing too much emphasis on Slimer)
    Transformers
    Thundercats
    Thundarr the Barbarian
    Attack of the Killer Tomatoes the Animated Series

8. Clouseau Registered

not to worry, Jack... i'm working on something i'm gonna share that hopefully will be a good example of what we're looking for here... hopefully i'll get everything i need together sometime tonight... ;)

STAY TUNED, FOLKS! :cool:

9. JackBauer Registered

*sigh* I give up... :(

10. Clouseau Registered

when Blake Edwards and company decided that the movie The Pink Panther (1963) should have an animated title sequence, they hired DePatie-Freleng to create a "Pink Panther" character for the sequence... DePatie-Freleng came up with several sketches of what a "pink panther" might look like, and then the producers of the film had to decide which sketched character to go with... early posters for the film help to illustrate the evolution of the character...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

in the title sequence of the film, the Pink Panther character started to look and act more like what we're used to today, but he was more closely based on a real feline... you can see this in his general body shape and in several of his movements...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the character in the title sequence, as we all know, was so popular he became the star of his own series of short cartoons... from this point on, his body shape is different, and his movements are more human... here is some of the original concept art used in developing the first short of the series, The Pink Phink...

[​IMG]

and the rest, as they say, is cinematic history!

11. Orko Is King Registered

I remember Pink Panther having some lemonade back in the day. And what about Snagglepuss? Is that his gay relative?

12. Clouseau Registered

¿¿¿Que??? :confused:

13. Rowen Registered

Old version of Daffy duck

[​IMG]

Today's version of daffy duck

[​IMG]

The only thing i don't understand or coulnd't find out why, is howcome jones changed his personality.??? from the start Frez freeling created daffy as a crazy, lunatic, zaney uncontrolable charcter.

To the daffy we see today, chuck jones got ahold of daffy & chaged his personality to a greedy, mean, angry, never satisfied, awlays want to be the star of attention character.

i could never figure out why or dig up on why chuck jones choose to change daffy drasticly. i thought he was fine as the crazy lunatic than than the angry, greedy, mean duck he's become.