Old School Fox Kids (1990-1998)

i just something besides anime to watch when i wake up on a saturday....now i just sleep to 10 or 11 and catch re-runs of the spider-man and X-men 90s shows on ABC family :(

Spidergurl4302 said:
not many people over 8 like those shows and most kids all like superheros, take the movies, like spider-man 2 you went into the theater and there were people from 4 to like 85 all enjoying the movie whereas if you went into a pokemon movie there would be like 4-10 year olds and their parents who really dont want to be there :p so with superhero TV shows they might be able to get the little kids and us teens and adults :)

Thats because those shows are aimed at specific age groups. Those age groups LIKE the show. So the show is doing what its supposed to do. I dont see why people can't understand that concept. Its like complaining that the telly tubbies hasn't got enough adult jokes:confused:

When I was wathcing stuff like He-man back in the day (which was horribly cheesey btw). I wouldn't want some "older person" whining about how much better cartoons were in his day because I really wouldn't give two craps:up:

Besides there is more to cartoon shows then just super heroes.

Guyverjay said:
Thats because those shows are aimed at specific age groups. Those age groups LIKE the show. So the show is doing what its supposed to do. I dont see why people can't understand that concept. Its like complaining that the telly tubbies hasn't got enough adult jokes:confused:

When I was wathcing stuff like He-man back in the day (which was horribly cheesey btw). I wouldn't want some "older person" whining about how much better cartoons were in his day because I really wouldn't give two craps:up:

Besides there is more to cartoon shows then just super heroes.
im just saying theirs a lot of those shows i mean im not complaining about like Nick Jr. cause 1. im not home when its on and 2. later they have shows were older kids can watch and i can watch some cartoons that my 4 year old cousin likes so im not saying they suck....i actually used to like Pokemon....im just saying theirs a lot of anime shows and that i would like just 1 superhero cartoon i can enjoy....

God I feel old. When Batman came out, I was in second grade. As soon as I got home from school, I'd drop my bookbag, run to the chair, click on the TV and the intro was halfwya over when I turned the TV on. I miss those days. Eek was *****in great. Bobbys world rocked, as well as Louie. X-Men was beautiful. Spider-Man was ok sometimes. I liked it and watched it cuz well, I;m a comic dork but I say that with love. Anyway, Fox Kids rocked hard. And long live the Green Ranger, Tommy Oliver, and his Dragon Dagger! Damn you Zordon for making him a good guy! Curse you! Now, where's Rita, I need her to prune my wings....yes, prune them....Oh, and I ate Squat and Baboo.....

im more of a Marvel person....but anyways ill just enjoy the re-runs of spider-man, just had to get out the frustration that it got cancelled and that there isnt a decent one now.....ill just sleep to 10 or 11....im not a morning person anyways :p

FOX kids used to entertain the hell out of me before it died.

Jess said:
This is my thread dedicated to the discussion of when Fox Kids reigned supreme. It started out in 1990 with great shows, like it's original top show...

Bobby's World. Then had stuff also good like...
Attack of The Killer Tomatoes
Defenders of Dinotron City
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
Beetlejuice
Taz-Mania

Then in the early 90's shows were added like...
X-Men
Batman: The Animated Series
Dog City
The Tick
Spider-Man
Power Rangers (even though i despised this show)
Eak The Cat
Animaniacs

Then we got things like Goosebumps. Wasn't realy scary but it helped that Fox Kids originaly had it on Friday afternoons before it got dark rather than sat mornings.

Then mid to late 90's...
Life With Louie (great show)
Ned's Newt
Sam and Max: Freelance Police
Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation ( I know, we dont talk about it)
Silver Surfer
Transformers: beast Machines

You forgot:

Masked Rider
Beetleborgs
that show with the bear with the deep voice...somebody help
Eerie Indiana

Did anyone else watch shows on other networks around this time?
Some classics are:

C.O.W. Boys of Moo Mesa
Slimer! and the Real Ghostbusters
Bugs Bunny and Tweety
California Raisins
Garfield and Friends
Winnie The Pooh(yes, I loved the show)
Jim Henson's Muppet Babies
Land Of The Lost
Darkwing Duck
Pirates Of Darkwater
Riders In The Sky
Where's Waldo
Super Mario World
Little Shop of Horrors
Goof Troop
Addams Family
Sonic The Hedgehog
Tiny Toons
Cryptkeeper
Skeleton Warriors
Wild C.A.T.S
Batman
Where is Carmen Sandiego?
Pinky and the Brain
Freakazoid!
Earthworm Jim
The Mask
Casper

Here's a good link for anyone who loves nostaligia as much as I do.
http://www.inthe90s.com/saturdays.shtml

:( God, life was so much better back then. I'd give anything for a saturday morning from 90-96.

Don't forget another true classic - Batman/Superman Adventures

wasn't bill and ted on cbs NOT FOX?

Jess said:
This is my thread dedicated to the discussion of when Fox Kids reigned supreme. It started out in 1990 with great shows, like it's original top show...

Batman: The Animated Series

Thats was on the WB.

Dude, remember the Kid 'n Play cartoon? I used to jam to that one....:D

Darthphere said:
Thats was on the WB.
Nah. It started on FOX at first. Primetime even. But then it moved to saturday mornings and eventually The WB took it and created that new one with Nightwing and Tim Drake and all that.

You're forgeting one of my favorite short-lived shows.

C-Bear and Jamal.

It was a cool show. Think of it as a blend of Fat Albert and Clavin and Hobbes with a little Bobby's World in the mix.

Yeah, that was an awesome show. FOX was great with these like Ned's Newt, Bobby's World, and Life with Louie. It's like no matter how many times I saw an episode, I would never miss it.

omegafro2000 said:
You're forgeting one of my favorite short-lived shows.

C-Bear and Jamal.

It was a cool show. Think of it as a blend of Fat Albert and Clavin and Hobbes with a little Bobby's World in the mix.

THAT WAS IT!

I loved that show!

It'll never happen. Fox Box is too busy importing anime from Japan. Seriously.

the defenders said:
THAT WAS IT!

I loved that show!

As did I. C Bear was one of the coolest characters on tv, thanks to the vocal skills of Tone Loc.

I tried to special order it on dvd at work but it always takes too long, so I might order it from Media Play or something.

Bobby's World is on DVD at Media Play.

I have some extremely vague recollection of Dog City.

Metamorpho1977 said:
Bobby's World is on DVD at Media Play.

I have some extremely vague recollection of Dog City.

I remember it well, mostly because it was the only thing playing at its time slot.

omegafro2000 said:
As did I. C Bear was one of the coolest characters on tv, thanks to the vocal skills of Tone Loc.

I tried to special order it on dvd at work but it always takes too long, so I might order it from Media Play or something.
'fro try www.moviesunlimited.com maybe they have it

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"