Olympian Oscar Pistorius "Blade Runner" kills girlfriend.

Poor guy. When it goes to trial he won't have a leg to stand on.

Poor guy. When it goes to trial he won't have a leg to stand on.

happy-i-see-what-you-did-there-l.png

"You see judge, when I shot her in the face...at that point I couldn't recognize her and thought she might have been a burglarer...so I kept shooting"

I wonder what kind of defense attorney is going to take this mess.

I'm now hearing that it might have been a Valentines surprise gone wrong...

It's hard for me to believe he somehow mistook his own girlfriend for a burglar. Unless she was straight up dressed in all black with a mask on or something. Which I doubt.[/QUOTE]

This is the first thing that came to my mind, I mean we have to assume they were sharing a bed, so surely he could have seen that she wasnt next to him sleeping, also you have to have pretty good aim to shoot someone in the head right?
Wasn't it also four times he shot her in the head? That's hardly a surprised killing of an intruder kind of death IMO.

This is going to get much worse for him, as he has a previous court case coming up becasue he threatened some guy at a race track with a knife and threatened to break his legs, as the guy was flirting with his ex girlfriend.

Maybe they will say he had too many concussions, :p

They are going to pull the same B.S. insanity/mental illness plea bargain for a reduced sentence. I guarantee if convicted hes getting the chair or multiple life sentences. they do with all of these people. Its really sad that Defense Attorney's can tip toe around the system like they do.

They are going to pull the same B.S. insanity/mental illness plea bargain for a reduced sentence. I guarantee if convicted hes getting the chair or multiple life sentences. they do with all of these people. Its really sad that Defense Attorney's can tip toe around the system like they do.

we dont have the death penalty here in south africa, max he will get is 10 years (if convicted)

we dont have the death penalty here in south africa, max he will get is 10 years (if convicted)

Wha?? That's the most someone can get on trial for murder? How many happen their?

Wha?? That's the most someone can get on trial for murder? How many happen their?

It is South Africa. The politics behind the scenes have been back and forth for decades for various reasons.

It's South Africa they don't need a death penalty when your probably going to get shot in a carjacking on the way to court :oldrazz:

Holy crud I had no idea. That's....pretty terrible. I misspoke then I apologize.

I remember last year there was a case where a brother and sister killed their parents in their own home because they thought they were doing ''Gods work'' , the judge sentenced them to 10 yrs. In fact I used to live in the very same road that it happened. Ive seen a child rapist get his sentenced reduced to 8yrs by judge, its truly sickening.

****, if you want to murder somebody you can go ahead and do it knowing full well you'll have your life back in a decade.

How many people only fire once at an intruder?

Not to say that this wasn't a crime of passion BUT, if I saw an intruder and had a gun, I'd probably go through half a clip.

^If you're shooting to kill, yeah. I assume when it comes to intruders that's the intent, so hey.

Head shots are forbidden in self defense cases from my knowledge in the US. If its a head shot its manslaughter I believe. No?

There are very few heroes left int he world for children to look up to. Pro Athletes using performance drugs, Olympians on trial for murder....We need a real life Superman..and soon.

Parents need to be those heroes and role models first, but I hear what you're saying.

I hate to say it, but you just know this is going to inspire a movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"