OMG, more deaths? 100th episode spoilers

triplet said:
I don't think we all agree that Chloe needs to die. I don't.

Chloe is key to the show, dramatically. She's Clark's emotional foil.

And Jorel intended for the death to have an emotional impact on Clark...so it will. Chloe isnt that important compared to the parents and Lana. I also think its better from now on if Clark becomes independant instead of relying on her to do alot of the thinking (and him doing the physical stuff).

Besides, what everyone forgets is...once Lana learns his secret, she'll be in Chloe's position. The confidant......so its not like Chloes the only one that can be that emotional foil.

I personally would prefer if Lana never learned Clarks secret, but given the demand for it....its probably going to happen, and when it does, Clark doesnt need 2 women to be his confidants and know his secret.

triplet said:
Chloe is key to the show, dramatically. She's Clark's emotional foil.
I see your point Triplet, I honestly do. But, I don't agree with this statement. Clark expresses himself just fine without Chloe. I think her death, however, would serve a very real dramatic purpose to the show, furthering along the storylines for both Clark and Lois. Everyone who finds out about Clark, either leaves him (Pete) or dies. Chloe has done neither so far. I think her time to shine is in this moment...these episodes before episode 100.

In the latest issue of Smallville Magazine, the interviewer asks Tom Welling:

This is quite a big scene for Clark and Chloe.

His answer:

It's a scene that slows everything down and it gets the audience to a point where the heart-rate hopefully goes down a little bit and then, all of a sudden, with the newscast, it speeds it up once again and we're back into the action. I think it's a good way to slow it down, with Clark realizing that Chloe knows his secret, which I thought was a great thing to hang in front of the show anyway, as a carrot to keep everybody guessing how it would happen. I don't know what's going to happen to her now: everybody that finds out about Clark dies, so who knows...(laughs)

I think the issue of Chloe's demise is on the minds of every cast member. Episode 100 will be a must-see episode, that's for sure.

I dunno, I just don't see anyone filing Chloe's shoes. Lana isn't Chloe and I think dramatically she's needed.

I guess we'll see...

the only one i would be cool with them getting rid of is lana... but i would be pissed because it wouldnt match up with ether comics or movies...

anyways it will probly be jonathan and lionel which sucks because i really like both of them.

oh and if some crack head decieds to kill off chloe then im out... no more sv

Clarky&Lois said:
jo-rels not sacrificing his life force for clark, Contradiction to Superman Returns, so it aint happening.:down
Is your sole purpose on this board going to be to push for SR and SV to not contridict? Because I believe the moment Welling wasn't cast Singer made the decision for you.

Everyone makes very good points and I am totally undecided as to which one has the most merrit.

However, Clark is from Krypton, he is not part of earth's nature so offing an earthling doesnt restore the balance of nature.

He is a being from another planet living among us.

triplet said:
I dunno, I just don't see anyone filing Chloe's shoes. Lana isn't Chloe ...

But Lois could be.. Sorta. Not that I WANT Chloe to die.. If they left it to me, I'd vote no. :) But, I can see how her death would work in regards to the overall story and other characters.. namely Lois and Clark.

triplet said:
I dunno, I just don't see anyone filing Chloe's shoes. Lana isn't Chloe and I think dramatically she's needed.

I guess we'll see...
Chloe is nothing more then a beta version of Lois -- Chloe could be replaced at ANY point with the real deal.

I know how much everyone likes her (myself included), but she's got to go. She WILL be gone eventually, and I don't want her exit to be worthless. Sorry, but if I have to choose between her being around 'a little longer' or insuring her exit is top notch guess which I'm choosing?

avidreader said:
Everyone makes very good points and I am totally undecided as to which one has the most merrit.

However, Clark is from Krypton, he is not part of earth's nature so offing an earthling doesnt restore the balance of nature.

They will bring back Kara, and then kill her again.:D

Zing79 said:
Is your sole purpose on this board going to be to push for SR and SV to not contridict? Because I believe the moment Welling wasn't cast Singer made the decision for you.
:up: :up:
My thoughts exactly, Zing!!

Zing79 said:
Chloe is nothing more then a beta version of Lois -- Chloe could be replaced at ANY point with the real deal.

I know how much everyone likes her (myself included), but she's got to go. She WILL be gone eventually, and I don't want her exit to be worthless. Sorry, but if I have to choose between her being around 'a little longer' or insuring her exit is top notch guess which I'm choosing?

I can kinda see your point but I still don't agree with it so I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens...

avidreader said:

That's an interesting point. Too bad he didn't save one of those Kryptonians to sacrifice later. LOL..

avidreader said:

He did die as a human however... and the mortal lifeforce could be a universal constant regardless of where the person is from. Jorel was most likely talking in terms of beyond earth.

Brainiac 8 said:
They will bring back Kara, and then kill her again.:D

-_- lets not ruin the name of 'Kara' any further than Smallville already did!

Serene said:
That's an interesting point. Too bad he didn't save one of those Kryptonians to sacrifice later. LOL..
I dont think he loved them tho.

Maybe that explosion in space released someone else, that he does love.

Clark only loves Martha, Jonathan, Lana and Chloe. The only other person he recently loved was Alicia.

Zing79 said:
sorry dude singer and al and miles said repeatedly, they are avoiding any Egregious Mythology Clashes, Jor-el dying in sv would me a major Clash since, Hello,1 hes already dead and 2 hes in the Film! you were saying?:rolleyes:

Crisis Superman said:
He did die as a human however... and the mortal lifeforce could be a universal constant regardless of where the person is from. Jorel was most likely talking in terms of beyond earth.

But he was restored as a Kryptonian.

Clarky&Lois said:
sorry dude singer and al and miles said repeatedly, they are avoiding any Egregious Mythology Clashes, Jorel dying in sv would me a major Clash since, Hello, hes in the Film! you were say:rolleyes: ing?

What the real living being, body and soul, of Jor-el is in the film. He survived Krypton? :rolleyes:

I think people here are talking about his life force.

avidreader said:
What the real living being, body and soul, of Jor-el is in the film. He survived Krypton? :rolleyes:

I think people here are talking about his life force.
yes jor-els life force if you will is in the film, so his life force dying in smallville would be Contradictory

avidreader said:
But he was restored as a Kryptonian.

But the only difference between humans and Kryptonians is physical physiology.

Are we assuming their mortal life energy is different?... I think its safe to assume that the life energy is a constant in the universe and Jorel was talking in terms beyond huamnity....otherwise thered be no one to sacrifice.

Ive already stated many times why Jorel cant be the sacrifice, even if you dont believe hes an artificial intelligence and think hes some kind of spirit or lifeforce.....the simple fact is Clark has NEVER said or expressed that he loves Jorel...so for Jorel to assume that Clark loves him and is close to him (especially after the adversarial nature of their relationship over past seasons) is really pushing it.

Crisis Superman said:
But the only difference between humans and Kryptonians is physical physiology.

Are we assuming their mortal life energy is different?... I think its safe to assume that the life energy is a constant in the universe and Jorel was talking in terms beyond huamnity....otherwise thered be no one to sacrifice.

Ive already stated many times why Jorel cant be the sacrifice, even if you dont believe hes an artificial intelligence and think hes some kind of spirit or lifeforce.....the simple fact is Clark has NEVER said or expressed that he loves Jorel...so for Jorel to assume that Clark loves him and is close to him (especially after the adversarial nature of their relationship over past seasons) is really pushing it.

But maybe between now and episode 12, he'll come to understand him and love him. He is his father.

But then we'll have to assume Jorel can see into the future, which is also pushing it.

Crisis Superman said:
But then we'll have to assume Jorel can see into the future, which is also pushing it.

He must be able to. That's why he was brought back to life in the first place, because of his place in earth's future.

avidreader said:
He must be able to. That's why he was brought back to life in the first place, because of his place in earth's future.
lol its not Jo-rel avid!lol:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"