One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG: Sign-up/OOC Thread

There's still one more coming, if I'm not mistaken haha

You'll be seeing my two characters soon. One will be DC while the other Marvel and I'm staying away from the X-books.

So, I suck with photoshop and things like that.

But would any of our players be open to maintaining a picture roster, or should I just do a normal one?

Byrd says we should just keep it in our hands and I guess that's the best option now that I think about it. It's not flashy, but it's way easier to keep it fresh and up to date.

Byrd says we should just keep it in our hands and I guess that's the best option now that I think about it. It's not flashy, but it's way easier to keep it fresh and up to date.

:csad:

Was looking forward to what Supergirl would come up with.

And now, my second app:

Character you would like to play:

The Joker

Powers:

The Joker employs a vast array of lethal devices and weapons, usually based around a clownish theme. His signature weapon, however, is his Joker Toxin, a combination of hydrogen cyanide and strychnodide which causes violent respiratory seizures, causing his victims to literally laugh themselves to death.

Apart from these, it is believed the Joker also has enhanced strength, speed, and relfexes, but this has yet to be confirmed.

Brief history of the character:

Next to nothing is known of the Joker's true origins; some say he was a gifted career criminal for years before his transformation, others say he was the result of years of abuse and neglect from a broken home, others still say he was a failed comedian forced into a life of crime out of desperation. The task of determining his past isn't made any easier by the fact that most of the conflicting rumors come from the Joker himself.

No matter what the story, however, it always seems to end with him under the guise of 'The Red Hood,' being cornered by the Batman inside the Ace Chemical Plant. During the ensuing scuffle, the Red Hood fell into a vat of chemicals, which permanently turned his skin white and his hair green.

Unbeknownst to many, the Ace Chemical Company was a subsidiary to the much larger company Oscorp, run out of New York. Losing defense contracts to rivals such as LexCorp and Waynetech, Norman Osborn had allocated several of his chemical projects to the less reputable Ace Company....including an experimental 'super-soldier' serum not quite ready for human testing. According to Oscorp files, said formula gave test subjects enhanced strength and speed, but also drove them irrevocably insane.

Whether his mentality is due to the formula running through his veins or simply the horrible circumstances that led to his transformation, the Joker has since adopted a mentality of nihilistic comedy. He has come to believe that existence is one sick, horrible joke.....one that he wants to get everyone in on.

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character:

Well, I've never really played a major Gotham villain before, and let's be honest, who hasn't wanted a crack at the Clown Prince of Crime? He's arguably the greatest villain of all time, and one that can be a threat to just about anyone under the right circumstances.

What are your plans with this character? Do you have a story:

I plan on delving through a lot of the OE universe's criminal underworld, the interplay between all the different criminal empires, and how a loose cannon like Joker would fit into all that. I figure he can be a major destabilizing figure for all sorts of events.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech:

Georgia, bold, Indigo

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:

Lots 'n' lots!

Please provide a sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contains at least 1 line of dialogue):

"So a man and his wife are on their way to church one day," he began, thumping the microphone with his finger to make sure it was on, "and their car stalls out on a set of train tracks. The man gets out to push the car off, and the signal lights come on, warning them that a train is coming. The wife tries to get out, but the seat-belt is stuck! The man tries his hardest to get the car off the tracks, but it's too late, and WHAMMO! The train plows straight through the car!"

The sickly slender man on the stage did his best to contain his snickering; he hadn't even gotten to the best part yet.

"The wife is taken away in an ambulance, and rushed into the emergency room for surgery. It takes hours and hours, until finally a doctor emerges with a somber look on his face."

The ghoulishly pale figure managed to stop smiling for a few moments to do his impression.

"'I'm sorry, sir,' the doctor says. 'We did everything we could, but.....I'm afraid she's paralyzed from the neck down. She'll never move again under her own power, let alone walk. The crash also inflicted severe brain damage, so she isn't capable of even basic cognitive functions. She can't speak, she can't remember things, she can't even control her own bowels. She's alive, but just barely, and you'll have to take care of her now. For the rest of her life, you'll have to feed her, dress her, bathe her, change her diapers, and dedicate your entire life to taking care of this horribly damaged invalid.'"

With that, he started sobbing big crocodile tears.

"'Oh God, no!' blubbers the man. 'This is horrible! This is the worst thing that could ever happen! Both of our lives are ruined forever!'"

Then that horrible, wide toothy smile returned to his face.

"Then the doctor bursts out laughing, and says, 'Nah, I'm just screwing with you, she's dead!' HAAAAAAA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-HAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!"

The madman rolled across the stage, howling with laughter, but he was the only one in the house laughing. The audience stared at him with dull, dead eyes, their mouths stretched open in awful rictus smiles.

"Hmph," the lunatic said, looking out across the crowd of corpses. "Tough audience. Still, this next one ought to really bring the house down!"

With that, he strutted off the stage, pulling open the proscenium curtain as he left, revealing a pile of oil drums rigged to blow.

A minute later, the theater erupted into flames, the roaring fire not quite completely drowning out the hideous howling laughter....

Post a picture of your character:

08_Joker_Sick_laugh_sm-304.jpg

This is kind of under the assumption that there will be a LexCorp in this universe. If not, I can make appropriate alterations.

One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG

Character you would like to play: Dr. Robert Bruce Banner

Powers: Dr. Banner has a genius level IQ that cannot be gauged on any known scale and displays an extensive list of areas of expertise, including an aptitude for the study of radiation, advanced engineering, physics, medicine, biology, and chemistry.

Brief history of the character: Ever since he was a child, Bruce has been described as being very emotionally distant, preferring to bury himself in his books rather than go outside with the other kids. That behavior has continued to this day, skyrocketing him above his peers at LexCorp's Research and Development division. Seeking to becoming a more outgoing and stronger personality, Bruce has started seeing a therapist that he knew as another brilliant student back in university, Dr. Leonard Samson. Banner has slowly grown accustomed to the idea of easing his conscience of the weight of his many emotional burdens, except for what he has been feeling most guilty of lately: the Gamma Ray Accelerator technology that he has been developing for LexCorp. When Bruce first came up with the rough designs for this potentially limitless source of energy back in high school, he never dreamed that his future employers would think about putting it into a bomb.

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character: I had a multitude of ideas that I wanted to explore with Banner and the Hulk in the Marvel RPG before it died that I think could be adapted effectively into this game. Among those ideas is to have fun with the Hulk's rogues gallery (especially in this new and unique setting that provides all new opportunities for their creation). Finally, I'm interested in exploring Bruce's personality and his various motivations to do what he does.

What are your plans with this character? Do you have a story: Firstly, I plan to develop Bruce as a character before even bringing the Hulk into the picture at all. This will be the story of Bruce Banner's journey into the world of superheroics and his struggle to hold on to the good man who he believes he is.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: Plain green text for Bruce. Bold green when he eventually becomes the Hulk.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As often as necessary for the given story and to move my character forward.

Please provide a sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contains at least 1 line of dialogue):

"No, Dr. Michaels, you can't take the schematics home with you to work on. Nothing pertaining to the Accelerator leaves this room." Trying to look over Albert Michaels' shoulder at the display on my station's monitors is Sam Sterns. Again. I try to be a patient guy, I really do, but Sterns' is just a lab assistant and has a habit of getting in our way and distracting us more than actually assisting anyone in this lab.

"Sam," I say, trying to put Michaels out of my mind as the doctor slumps back to his equipment. "Go see if you can help Dr. Octavius with anything. We're on a deadline after all." I take Sterns by the arm and try to guide him away from my space. "Mr. Luthor said that General Eiling might be stopping in to see our developments before the end of the week. At our current rate of progress, however, the Accelerator can barely power a light bulb. Troubleshoot it."

I swear, it's a madhouse in here. I'm working with egomaniacs, incompetents, ambitious and conflicting personalities, and now I'm hearing word through the grapevine that there's been talk of putting my accelerator into bombs. Bombs, for God's sake! At first, I thought that that might just be a rumor going around, but it becomes more and more believable every day. And now an actual General is going to visiting specifically to see my damn work? What else am I supposed to think at this point?

Taking my glasses off to rub the bridge of my nose, I fall back in my chair with a sigh. This technology could potentially change our world as we know it, and Lex Luthor wants to sell it so that the military can blow people up with bigger and better explosions. Madness.

Bruce1.jpg

Andy, I love Ace being owned by Oscorp. Terrific idea. And Banner working for Lex could be very interesting.

I'm also loving the idea of Banner and company working for Lex Luthor.

Character you would like to play: Daredevil

Powers: Heightened senses as the result of being blidned by a radioactive substance. These heightened senses enable him to, for example, tell if someone is carrying a concealed weapon by smelling the gun-powder from the bullets, or he can read a paper by running his fingers over the print and feeling it. He also has a "radar sense, " an overly developed equilibrium which enables to perfom athletic feats beyond a a normal athlete, and an expert martial artist. Daredevil's cane functions as billy-club with a grappling hook.

Brief history of the character: Matt Murdock grew up in one of the roughest sections of Hell's Kitchen. His mother left him and his father Jack was a thug for a local mob-boss and a part time boxer, but he never told Matt about working for the mob. Matt used to sneak out at night and wander through the streets to see what the world was like. He figured he was never escaping this world so he might as well get to know it. During one of his nightly walk-abouts Matt saw his father Jack unloading a shipment of radioactive waste on the docks from LexCorp. Matt was shocked to find out that the man who spoke to him about obeying the law and being upright was a crook. Matt fled the scene in shame and horror while his father tried to chase him down. One of the thugs hoped in the truck and tried to chase them both down. The driver lost control of the truck and the last thing Matt ever saw was the LexCorp Logo. His father managed to get to Matt and took him to the Hospital. Jack was so overcome with guilt he told Matt he would turn state's evidence against his boss and that would give them Lex Luthor. That would set them for life, but Lex had Jack Murdock killed before it could happen it looked like a random mugging. Lex saw it as tying up loose ends, and eventually he would forget about Jack & Matt Murdock. Matt though would never forget Lex and he hatched a plan for justice. He studied hard and went to Law School and eventually was hired on as Lex's private Lawyer. Matt also saw this as opportunity to use is powers for justice as the Daredevil. As Daredevil Matt works to stop street level crime recognizing everything flows back to Lex and that one day Lex would answer to him.

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character: I have played this character before and this a great chance to play him again. I like that Daredevil is not just a super-hero but that he has an attitude of "do whatever it takes" to see justice carried out.

Matt will be the ideal lawyer/employee for Lex knowing that this is his way to get his foot in the door and to learn where his weak spots are. He knows that Lex is guilty of all these crimes and wants him to pay but he has to be patient. Stopping street crimes is not only a way to possibly get information but take out his frustration on the crooks because he has to protect the man who killed his father.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: I used this one before why not again?

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: At least once if not more.

Matt enters Lex's office and Lex says, "Matthew thank you for taking the time to stop by this afternoon."

Matt replies, "You know me Mr. Luthor always willing to make time for the guy who signs my checks."

Lex chuckels and says, "Of course and you're worth every penny of it. Anyway I have an issue that I need your expertise on. The union is getting ready to come forth with a new collective bargaining and I really am not in the mood for it this time. Can you negotiate on my behalf?"

Matt replies, "Of course sir."

Lex says, "Excellent! Negotiations start in one week conference room 1. Don't give on anything. If they try anything stupid or play the guilt card there are thousands of others willing to their jobs for them."

Matt says, "I'll be ready for them. They'll never know what hit 'em."

Matt and Lex share some more small talk and he leaves the office.

That night as Daredevil patrols the rooftops of Metropolis. While on patrol he overhears an attempted mugging.

Daredevil quickly dispatches the mugger but nearly beats him to death.

Saint and sinner the story of my life. Having to work for a man just a step up from the Devil himself while beating small-time thugs hoping for a lucky break somewhere down the road. Next week having to screw over people in negotiations who are just trying to make a living from that snake in the grass. God have mercy on me as I walk on the highwire between justice and tyranny.

Daredevil_65.jpg

If Daredevil is approved...I think it's safe to say that I will apply for Lex (assuming no else does...if someone else does...no problem).

If Daredevil is approved...I think it's safe to say that I will apply for Lex (assuming no else does...if someone else does...no problem).

I mentioned Bruce trained with Stick as a young man. If you want, we can have a history with Matt and Bruce, saying they were students at the same time. Wieg did it in the last game. It was always a nice touch that I liked.

I mentioned Bruce trained with Stick as a young man. If you want, we can have a history with Matt and Bruce, saying they were students at the same time. Wieg did it in the last game. It was always a nice touch that I liked.

That is an excellent idea! :word: I'm in!

Victor Von Doom

Powers:
Victor Von Doom is one of the most gifted minds on the planet. His 11th Level Intellect gives him insight into cybernetics, physics, chemistry, dimensional travel, engineering, and temporal science. Having studied with Stephen Strange, Dr. Fate, Agatha Harkness, and Morgan Le Fey --- plus his access to his mother's gypsy artifacts; Victor is also an accomplished sorcerer. Doom is a classic Magnificent Bastard.

Victor is the sovereign of Latveria and has all the resources and military might of a small Eastern European country with nuclear capabilities. Doom has diplomatic immunity.

Victor has been known to wear an exoskeleton armor that hides a wide array of advanced weaponry and magical runes. He combines technology and magic as well as deception to maintain his personal security. Including impregnable force field technology, flight, time travel, and robotic decoys.

Victor always has a contingency plan.

Brief history of the character:

Victor Von Doom was born in Latveria to a family of gypsies. Victor's people were tormented by the then Baron Vladimir at every turn. When the people could stand it no longer. Doom's mother, Cynthia turned to dark magic to solve her problem. She lost control of the demon, Trigon, and he seized her and took her to his fiery realm. Doom lost his father to the armies of "King" Vladimir years later.

Victor's life was in shambles. He used his skills in sorcery to infiltrate Vladimir's army, where he advanced his knowledge of technology and weaponry. His hard work garnered the attention of American soldiers stationed in the area and eventually he was offered a chance to attend school in the States on the government's dime. Victor traveled west. Saying goodbye to his lifelong love, Valeria.

Victor went to Metropolis where he attended school with such notables as Reed Richards, Ben Grimm, and Lex Luthor. Victor was at the top of his class and became bitter rivals with Richards and Luthor. His tenure there ended however when an experiment of his went horribly wrong.

Reed Richards saw Lex Luthor leaving Doom's dorm room when he decided to drop in on Victor. He discovered the room was empty but before he could leave he noticed a device Victor must have been working on. He examined the device and began to peruse some of the operational notes when Victor stormed into the room demanding to know why Richards was in his dorm.

Reed explained that it was a mistake but insisted that Doom recheck his figures because he had noticed a problem. A problem Doom dismissed due to the circumstances. That and the fact that Richards was jealous of his work.

Doom rushed his efforts and finally devised a way to contact his mother and free her from Trigon's hold. But the machine blew up in his face instead, scarring him.

Doom was expelled from the University and deported from the country. Upon returning to Latveria, he was faced with the evolving realities of his home country. A country ripe with corruption and tyranny. A reign of genocide and ethnic cleansing. Doom had had enough.

Doom was powerful but he needed more. He needed to temper the steel of his character. A vision of his mother and the last words of dying monk would be the sign he needed. He traveled to the Himalayas to find a temple of destiny. A temple that would make him into the Master he'd hoped for. There he struggled to survive and when he arrived he learned all that they could teach. Eventually he emerged from his cocoon. He was Victor Von Doom no longer.

He was Doctor Doom.

He returned to Latveria as a whisper amongst the peasants. He could have simply flew to Vladimir's castle but he advanced slowly. A campaign of the people. And when the congregation arrived at the throne, Doom took power. Doctor Doom threw the dead form of King Vladimir from the ramparts of the castle and flew his flag from the tower.

The Reign of Doom began.

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character:

I like him. He's Doom. Nuff said?

I plan to use the tried and true Doom tropes on the denizens of the DC Universe. That and take over the world. For it's own good.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech:
Doom uses Dark Green Palatino Linotype.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: Twice a weekday. Work a lot on the weekend.

Doomstadt, Latveria
War Room

A grey bearded servant descends some metal stairs into the central atrium of the War Room. At the center of a large viewscreen stands a lone, majestic figure cloaked in dark green. The servant rushes to the figure and bows.

"Milord. The drones are reporting complete infiltration."

"Did you know, Boris that Hungary repelled the Ottomons and the Tatars for over one hundred and fifty years? When other countries were bowing to the Romans, Huns, and the Ostragoths, the Magyars of Hungary occupied the Carpathian Basin unmolested."

"I did not know that, milord."

"Many of the artifacts in the Royal Palace include holy crowns and relics of Christian history dating back to Sir Thomas Aquinas. I myself have seen the Tapestry of Khandaq hanging in Parliment."

"What treasures, milord."

"A pity."

Doom nods to Boris. The faithful servant walks to the panel in front of the monitor and lifts a glass safeguard and presses an ominous red button. The display screen flashes with a mushroom cloud.

"Send our condolences to the UN. Inform SHIELD we'll be ready to assist in humanitarian efforts and that we are already dispatching aircraft to secure the airspace over Budapest."

"Right away, majesty."

"Deliver our statement condemning Atlantis for this act of cowardice. I'll be in my chambers."

"All hail Doom!"

"Indeed."

flag.jpg

:doom: :doom: :doom:

One-Earth RPG Application

Character you would like to play: Wolverine (James Logan Howlett)

Powers: A mutant, Logan possesses keen animal-esque senses, primarily in his sense of smell, aswell as a regenerative healing factor that gradually restores his body from several different types of wounds. His most signature ability, however, lies with the adamantium coating that lines his skeleton, giving him a near unbreakable frame - and uniquely, a set of razor sharp claws to pop out of each hand.

Brief history of the character: Five years ago, a scrappy, homeless man named Logan mistakenly wandered onto the grounds of Charles Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters without so much as a coherent word to give anyone that approached him. He was finally brought before Xavier himself after nearly getting into a fight with one of the school's top students, a young man named Summers, and given explaination of what the school really was after displaying his talents - Xavier was looking to provide a safe haven to teach young mutants how to hone and control their powers, so as to prevent them from causing destruction in the outside world. When Logan was unable to explain how he got there or why he had drifted all the way to Westchester, knowing it wasn't his native home, Xavier offered to provide him answers with a telepathic insight. But what both men found was far too disturbing for words. Subjected to tests some years ago under the supervision of a mysterious faction calling themselves Weapon X, Logan's skeleton was bonded with an alloy called adamantium and painfully given the tools to become a killing machine.

Unable to comprehend what the memories meant, as Logan had never remembered them before, he promptly decided to leave Xavier's School and search for answers. Though Charles was hesitant to let him wander off, feeling as though he could be of value to the school, he made Logan a deal - that if he didn't find the answers he was looking for in five years' time, he would return to the school and help them fufill their mission in exchange for psychic therapy sessions that would help allieviate the strain put upon his amnesiac memory. Weary, Logan nevertheless agreed.

After wandering the outlands of Canada for the last five years, gaining only vague pieces of a past he didn't recognize, Logan left his situation behind in order to keep his end of the bargain to Xavier. He's now returned to Westchester and volunteered to become a member of Charles Xavier's secret strike team of mutant heroes willing to defend both mutant and humankind alike - The X-Men.

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character: Honestly, Wolverine has always been one of my favorite Marvel characters of all time. Growing up as a child of the 90's, you couldn't really avoid the Animated Series or the portrayal Logan in it, so it was naturally going to stick with me. So much so that when I started out in the RPG's, I held a brief run as him in the Marvel RPG, making him one of the first characters I ever played. Now that a new OU is up and running, I want to take the opprotunity to shape Logan's past and present continuities from scratch, honoring the past and adding a few twists into what he won't know about Weapon X until later down the line. Also? Supergirl said she would fillet my testicles and eat them on a sandwhich if I didn't apply as an X-Person. :o

What can you bring to this game?: One of the few people in the world who still doesn't believe Wolverine has been oversaturated and can work very well as a character. Also, I have my own bad hygine to compliment the role.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: If'n he talks like this, it's Sienna, Franklin Gothic Medium Bold. Same deal for the thought bubbles, bub.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: At least once.

Huh. So this is it.

Logan had been quietly preparing himself for the day that he'd return to Westchester. It'd been five years, five long years of searching - of trying to understand why the demons that kept him awake at night even existed. But even in the backwoods of Alberta, living off of nothing more than a keen sense of self preservation that had managed to keep him alive through the harsh tundra of winter, part of him knew from the start that he would wind up back at Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. Slinging a sachel full of the few personal belongings he held to his name, Logan tossed away the lit cigar in his mouth and departed from the woods surrounding the massive mansion, beginning to walk towards the entrance. He'd heard that the school had managed to double in terms of it's class since he had last visited. And for all intents and purposes, looking at the students that were hanging around the entrance and the surrounding yards, covorting amongst themselves - it seemed as though there was some truth in that claim.

Just what he needed, he thought to himself with a heavy grunt. A bunch of snot-nosed brats to look after.

"Hey, hairy. You lost?"

Eyebrow raised, Logan turned towards a kid in his early teens standing behind him. Green-skinned and particularly inquisitive looking, wearing purple and white fatigues. Holding a basketball between each hand. Logan's eyes shifted around him, wondering where the other kids to play the game were.

"Hardly. Ain't ya got somewhere to be, greenie?"

"Whoah. Nice, with the accent. You're not from around here, huh?"

Logan snorted, turning around.

"Buzz off, junior. I got business with yer teacher."

"You wanna see Mr. Summers? Good luck with that, man. He's usually out on Friday nights with Ms. Grey,"

Even as Logan created some distance between them, the green-skinned student continued talking.

"Hey! My name's Gar! What's your's?"

Annoyed, he nevertheless answered.

"Logan."

"Logan? Sweet! My name's Logan, too! Maybe we're related!"

Rolling his eyes, he continued on towards the school's entrance.

This had better be a worthwhile endeavor.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?:

adamantium03.jpg

Luke Cage, the Hero for Hire. Power Man.

Powers: Superhuman strength and endurance. He's basically bullet-proof and can bench press a few tons. He's a fighter from the streets.

Brief history of the character: Carl Lucas was convicted for a crime he didn't commit. He was offered a way out if he would undergo an experimental operation, intended to create a cure for all disease. Lucas agreed, but the experiment went wrong, instead granting him superstrength. He broke out and created a new identity for himself: Luke Cage, the Hero for Hire.

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character: Because I came up with a concept that really brings together two disparate parts of the DC/Marvel universe in a fun and a little insane way. I'm pretty excited about the concept I've come up with.

What are your plans with this character? Do you have a story: I have at least one story in mind, that I will definitely finish. If I don't play further, I'll make sure to set Luke up well for the next man.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: Trebuchet MS, Gold, Bold.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As many times as I want, you jive turkey.

"Nah, nah baby, it was no thing."

Luke Cage was in his office in New York City's Harlem, on the phone to his girlfriend, Harmony. He had his feet propped up on his desk, balancing his chair on its two hind legs. It was a little rickety and looking to buckle under the weight of the strongman.

"He in there, doll?"

"Just a little bodyguard stuff. Yeah, of course I got to talk to her," Luke was saying, smiling. "Well, what are you gonna do for me?"
Harmony Young's reply was laced with profanities; Luke Cage's smile grew wider.
"Sweet Christmas, girl, you kiss your mother with that mouth?"

"We don't need an appointment."

Luke Cage looked up as he heard some rumbling outside his office's door. But before he could get up to see what was going on, his girlfriend caught his attention again, whispering things into his ear unfit to reprint here.

"What I think my friend is trying to say, miss, is that Mr. Cage will want to hear us out. It really is of the utmost importance."

There was more rumbling from outside and now Luke Cage looked to the door with more concern. "Baby, I think I gotta go," he said into the phone, "I think my new job is about to come in any second. Yeah, I'll come by tonight."

Just as Luke Cage put the phone on the hook, the door burst open. Tumbling into the office was the hero's secretary, Jennie Royce, falling face first to the floor. Stepping over her shapely behind were seven kids. The average age between them was eleven.

Luke Cage laughed as he looked at the motley crew. In front was a stocky ginger kid with a cap on his head. He was flanked by a buck-toothed kid with an aviator cap and a girl dressed in a pinkish sweater a size too big. Behind them were a gangly, bespectled lad and a young black boy wearing a plastic diving mask with a snorkel, whose jaw had nearly dropped to the floor. In the centre stood a similarly wide-eyed, but smiling kid, who was the best dressed and the first to speak up.

"Mr. Cage," he started, but he was interrupted by secretary Jennie, who had gotten up and was rubbing the dirt from her face and clothes.
"I'm sorry, Mr. Cage, I couldn't stop them."
"That's all right, Ms. Royce," Luke Cage responded, leaning back and propping his feet back up on the table. He turned to the kids. "I don't do bullies, kids, much as I'd want to. Got a lot of parents on my neck for that one. I could give you some tips though."
"What, youse think we can't handle ourselves?" the stocky kid asked, raising his fists. Luke Cage laughed.
"Yeah, I'm not worried."
"We're here for something a lot more important than bullies, Mr. Cage," the kid wearing a tie and jacket said. The others, showing their agreement (and seriousness), nodded furiously.
"What you got, kid?" Luke Cage put his hands behind his head. "I can handle anything."
The kids looked to each other, before the leader in the centre finally said: "That's why we came to you, Mr. Cage. We need you to save the world."

The chair buckled.
lukecageq.jpg

[FONT=&quot]
Screen Name:
Blacklight[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Character you would like to play: Peter Parker; The Amazing Spider-Man[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Powers: Able to cling to any surface, enhanced agility and reflexes, disproportionate strength, "Spider senses" that allow him to sense dangers that approach him. He also was able to create webshooters to dispense artificial webbing he was able to synthesize himself, and using said webbing he's able to swing around the city (his preferred method of transportation).[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Brief biography of the character's history: Peter was just 15 when he was bitten by a radioactive spider that endowed him with various arachnid abilities as well as the knowledge needed to create his own biodegradable web compound and wrist mounted 'web shooters' to go with it.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]At first, Peter used his powers for selfish reasons, until his own selfish acts led to his Uncle Ben's murder. Since then he's used his powers responsibly and helped to protect his hometown of New York City from crime as the Amazing Spider-Man!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]List a few reasons why you have chosen that character: [/FONT]Spider-Man is a character that, like almost everyone else here, I'm a huge fan of and have been for a long time. I've been waiting to play him for a long time now, since I missed my chance to apply for him in the last OU RPG due to my absence at the time, and also have since tried to acquire him in All-Star Marvel before the role was given to Andy C.. I've been waiting for the opportunity to play him again, and here it is. Maybe I'll get that chance here, maybe not... But either way, I'm not letting another opportunity slip away from my grasp, so here I am.

What are your plans with this character? Do you have a story: Of course! As Pete begins his new school year at Midtown High, he finds himself in need of a job, and a certain paper is in need of pictures of Spider-Man in action. That's the initial arc in a nutshell, and following will be flashbacks to his origin interspersed with an arc about Spider-Man taking on the Kingpin as well as various other supervillains looking to get a piece of him. I've been waiting to play this character again for a LONG time now, so you will find I'm in this for the long haul and I've got enough story ideas for the long haul.:up:

[FONT=&quot]What can you bring to this game?: [/FONT]I have reasonably vast knowledge of Marvel and Spider-Man particularly, and have portrayed the Ultimate version of the character on two occasions prior, so I can bring posts that are true to the character. I also have experience in RPing in general and can make sure a post of length is up before two weeks have past from the previous post, so I'd like to say I can bring a steady flow of posting for this character as well and the RPG as a whole, especially if in a multi-player arc.

[FONT=&quot]Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: Blue Comic Sans MS for Peter, Bold Red Comic Sans MS for Spider-Man[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As many as I can.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Please provide a sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 5 paragraphs long and contain at least 3 line of dialogue):[/FONT]

The definition of the noun "Luck" is something that happens to someone by chance, or a superstitious feeling that brings one fortune or success... Except when the word pertains to me. In which case, it is something bad that happens to someone by chance, or a superstitious feeling that brings one pain and misery.

I've even coined a name for it. I call it the "Good ol' Parker luck".

I can be so clever sometimes.

But anyways, going back to my rant... It seems when something can or will go wrong, it usually does in my case. That's the Good ol' Parker luck in a nutshell, and it's the reason why the house myself and my Aunt May live in is going to be foreclosed unless I can make some extra bucks to help her pay for it. It's the reason why a spider that was doused in a bath of radiation bit my hand and the next day I could climb walls, and last but certainly not at all the least... It's the reason why a robber I could've stopped killed my Uncle Ben.

Notice the pattern?

So that's why I have taken it upon myself to change that. From herein, my luck's gonna change. I came up with a great idea while reading today's Daily Bugle. Seems they're on the lookout for some good pictures of Spider-Man, and they're willing to pay for them. So who better to provide some than Spider-Man himself?

Oh yeah. Where are my manners? My name's Peter. Peter Parker. And I'm insane. I must be... Because here I am, in a dark and dirty warehouse, clinging to the ceiling about to tangle with the Kingpin's men for the sake of photographing myself doing it and all this while the Mets game is on, no less.

"Hurry up and get this s*** on the truck, Clem!"

"Yes, sir..." he muttered.

Great. I think I found our weakest link here. If there's one thing I know, it's always go after the small fry first, and save the big fish for last.

...Or was it the other way around?

Either way, I had a plan and I'm sticking to it... No pun intended.

THWIP!

"What the-- AAAAHHH!!" Clem screamed as I yanked him up towards the ceiling and webbed him up to a girder.

"Clem? CLEM!"

"Holy crap, he's up there!"

"What is that?"

"Does it matter? SHOOT IT!"

The two henchmen pulled out their automatics and opened fire, which sent my spider-sense for a loop. Quickly I crawled away from their fire and back into the shadows.

"Where did it go?"

"I dunno..."

"Did you see it?"

"Yeah. I think it was wearing red and blue."

"You think it was that Superman mook from Metropolis?

"Ahem... So not Superman." I informed them as I came out of the shadows and quickly fired new weblines, aimed for their guns.

THWIP! THWIP!

"Do you see me sporting a spit curl?"

Yanking the guns from there hands, I used my strength to break all of them in half.

"Besides, I wear my underwear on the inside, not out."

Jumping down from the ceiling, I vaulted off the ringleaders head and plowed my foot into one of his cohort's faces. Then I proceeded to yank the other one with my webbing towards me, punching him in the temple as he got close enough. Finally, I webbed up the leader's ankles and began to spin around on my heel, letting the centrifugal force of the spin send him reeling into the nearest crate.

"Hmm... I should leave a note." I told myself, surveying my work.

Pulling out a sticky note pad from my belt under my suit, I began to scribble a note on the top sheet.

"Signed "Your Friendly Neighborhood Not-Superman!"..." I finished as I placed it on one of the thugs' unconscious bodies.

I then jumped back up into the scaffolding of the warehouse where my phone was webbed up.

"Now to see what I managed to..." I trailed off as I noticed the battery died during the fight.

"...Shoot."

That's the Good ol' Parker luck, right there.

spider-man-red-blue-costume.jpg

Last edited:
Now the Spider-Wars begin in earnest!

Also, dang. On the one hand, I've got a bunch of stuff I'd like to do with Spidey as well. But on the other hand, I really like BL's sample post and am starting to think I didn't really bring my A-game on my own.

Last edited:
Now, I know what the general consensus is, so I know that this is gonna be frowned upon. But since no one else has shown much of an interest, I'm gonna throw my hat into the ring and see what happens. Regardless, I advise to the GM's that if someone else throws in an application for him within the 24 hour period (hell, to be fair, give them another day if you want), seriously consider their's over mine, because I've had plenty of chances with this character. I just feel like if I don't try out for it, at least, I'll regret never taking the chance.

So without further adieu...

Character you would like to play: Superman (Clark Kent/Kal-El)

Powers: Flight, superhuman strength, speed, hearing, physical invulnerability, heat and x-ray visions, artic breath. His powers are amplified by exposure to the yellow sun, and weakened with only two as-of-yet undiscovered vulnerabilities: magic and the radiation emitting from a green meteorite fragment of his homeworld.

Brief history of the character: Rocketed to Earth to escape the perils of a dying world, baby Kal-El was found by a loving human couple with no child of their own, who lived on a farm in Smallville, Kansas. Adopting him as their son Clark, Johnathan and Martha Kent raised the boy to the best of their abilities, instilling values and morals that helped shape a strong foundation for Clark's future as a man who saw only the goodness in others. It wasn't until he reached his early teens that he discovered that he wasn't like everyone else - that after being able to leap entire fields in a single bound, benchpress a tractor with ease, and burn holes through the wooden walls of his parents' barn, he was far beyond anything that qualified mortal man. At first believing he was a mutant, a race that had began inhabitanting the worldwide scope of species, Clark was stunned when Johnathan and Martha came forward to him with the truth: That he was never born a human being, and that he was actually a being from space. Distraught, Clark ran away from home for a brief time to both cope with the news and harness his newfound abilities.

As the boy from Kansas who realized he was a superhuman began to perform many great feats of heroism across the world, the American government began picking up on the subsequent stories made about the championed "Superboy". Even though he seemed to be helping civilians, General Sam Lane was nevertheless authorized to begin an investigation on the chance that it could be a potential hostile. The government's consulting biophysics expert, Dr. Milton Fine, was made head of the charge. After dodging various government agents under Fine's contract for months, putting himself at risk with every chance he took to help others, Clark finally decided to return home to figure out what to do next.

The answer came to him when, following the sudden and tragic death of his adoptive father, Clark left Smallville to make something of his life. He travelled to the flourishing city of Metropolis, dubbed 'The City of Tomorrow' by it's citizens, and realized that the city gave him alot of ground to cover. He could hide in plain sight without being seen, and if he was careful, he could even manage to quietly settle into a new life. But fate intervened when a blockwide fire broke out in Suicide Slums, threatening the lives of hundreds and leaving the fire departments helpless. On the scene was a young reporter for The Daily Planet named Lois Lane, who was trying her best to help get some of the people to safety herself. After mistakenly getting caught on the third floor of one of the buildings, she momentarily screamed out as burning embers reigned down upon her. But she was saved. All of them, mysteriously, were saved.

That was when Metropolis knew it had it's own saviour. In the weeks following, Clark's heroics ranged from preventing muggings to saving dogs and cats from being ran over in the streets. Lois Lane began dubbing the phenomena that overtook the media 'The Superman Epidemic', and the name stuck. Realizing he now had a title to go by, Clark decided to adopt a costume made up of ancestrial fabrics sent with him from his homeworld in order to champion this newfound sense of responsibility. He was now living two lives - by day, as a struggling nameless face from Smallville who was applying to every job that he could. And by night, as Metropolis' silent protector, The Man of Steel known to some as... Superman.

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character: Had I originally felt like I wasn't taking a chance from anyone to play him, Superman would have been my first choice for a character. But in the hours since the OOC thread went up, we've seen plenty of apps, and none of them for him. In my initial run in the original OU, I was just starting out in playing major characters and never felt quite accomplished in my portrayal of Superman's mythos. Now that I've gained some experience, I want to go back and retell it all from the beginning, showing what led him from quiet do-gooder to the hero that would one day inspire so many others to take up the pursuit of Truth, Justice, and the American Way.

What are your plans with this character? Do you have a story: In contrast to what many would assume, I actually want to take the chance to embark on a slow burn approach towards Clark's development. He is already Superman by the time that we meet him, but he's far from being the full character that we know and love. He isn't mild-mannered, glasses wearing and 'aw, shucks' Clark Kent yet, and he doesn't yet work for The Daily Planet. He's just simply out there as a face in the crowd, saving people in the costume while trying to obscure himself as much as possible - which, as he'll find, only becomes more and more complicated as time goes on.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: Bolded Navy Verdana for Superman, unbolded for Clark. Italics applies for thoughts.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: I've been wanting to tell a story like this for a long time, so you can hopefully expect more activity.

Wish it would stop raining, for once.

I would say it was just my luck, but I've actually grown a little used to walking home in the pouring rain on a Friday evening. From my days back on the farm, I've been witness to weather way worse than this, so to brave it for a chance to apply at the new store clerk's position down on 5th street was never going to be a second thought. But as I realize that I still have about three blocks to go before I even reach my apartment building, my brow furrows and I pull up the hood of my jacket to continue on. There's a reason I could stand the weather in Smallville - I could easily just fly past it, or through it, giving me something of an interesting obstacle. I guess for all of my bellyaching, I could just consider this the same thing. Pa always told me that whenever you're faced with hardship, keep a smile up. And I do, thinking about him. It's just one of the reasons I'm always going to miss him.

On my way through the streets, I stop whenever I pass a newsstand. Something about a headline caught my eye. Searching through the publications that are on sale, I finally spot what I was looking for whenever my gaze falls upon an issue of The Daily Planet. "Anti-mutant rallies gone to extremes!", it says. "Congressman Trask has powerful words for sanctioned youth school that harbors superpowered prodigies."

My heart sinks as I begin to read about the persecution that these people are going through. And all just because they're a little different than everyone else. Who's to say that they're not good people, regardless? I shake my head and scoop the paper under my arm, gently throwing down the fifty cents required for purchase and begin to head back for home. I don't know if I'd feel quite the same thing if I wasn't going through similar circumstances myself, but I've always thought of mutantkind as a benefit, not a blight. Maybe that's why I've chosen to do what I do in silence. Fearing that everyone would see me the exact same way as they see them.

Not that it's ever going to stop me. Ma and Pa said I was put here for a reason, and I intend to see that through. Whatever it is.

"Help! Please, help! Somebody!"
"Shut the hell up, lady, now! Or I swear I'm gonna stick this knife in your damn chest!"

Uh-oh. That doesn't sound good.

Looking around to make sure that no one's paying attention, I dart into a nearby alleyway and drop the paper, along with my outer set of clothing, revealing the bright red and blue ensemble underneath of it all. The cape tucks and folds out, falling just above the back of my feet. I shake my head dry, watching as a few strands fall to my forehead, creating a curl. And all of this happens within the span of a few seconds.

Whether someone out there is afraid of what I do, or whatever I even am, I don't think that matters too much at a time like this.

Because this looks like a job for Superman.

rpg7.png

Last edited:
Why the **** should I approve you when you haven't even posted as the character you applied for in the DC RPG? :cmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"