One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG: Sign-up/OOC Thread

Character you would like to play: Green Lantern (Harold “Hal” Jordan)

Powers:
He has a blasted Green Lantern ring so anything he puts his will to it as long as fear doesn’t stand in his way. I guess that is why one of his weaknesses is the whole female commitment thing, too afraid to being tied down.

Seriously, usual Lantern powers such as flight, energy constructs (more usual planes or boxing gloves) space\environmental survival, energy fields, laddie dah laddie dah

Brief history of the character:
Jordan worshipped his father who was a test pilot. The elder Jordan didn’t show any fear from what Hal knew even when it came to sacrificing his life to save others from a malfunctioning aircraft. This severally messed things up at home with his two brothers and his mother. Hal enlisted, illegally, into the Air Force and became a good fighter pilot but had authority issues. His mother never liked him being in the Air Force but Hal didn’t care until his mother became extremely ill. He couldn’t get time off to go see her so he literally punched his superior officer to get kicked out. After his mother’s death, Jordan went to work for Farris Aircraft where his father used to work. He gets reintroduced to a more grown up Carol Farris who is now in charge of the company.

During one of days at work, a green ring went flying through the air and latched onto his finger dragging him through the air back the way the ring came. There is met an alien dying who had a strange green uniform. The alien said he was Abin Sur of the Green Lantern Corps and that Jordan was selected to replace him as protector of sector 2814. Jordan then found himself on Oa getting trained by an alien by the name of Kilowog and meeting the Guardians of the Universe. They sent him back to Earth to protect his home planet AND sector. Jordan has a tendency to protect his planet more then the sector itself but it isn’t his fault that Earth has a huge attraction for a host of things from alien invasions to mega-powered maniacs running around with big toys they shouldn’t have.

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character:
I’ve played several Lanterns so far (Saint Walker, Miri, and John Stewart) but always wanted a hand at who some would consider to be THE Green Lantern. Personally, I think each of the Earth Green Lanterns, including Alan Scott, has their place.

What are your plans with this character? Do you have a story:
To go where no man has gone before, oh wait wrong story. I’m hoping to eventually form some sort of Justice League of America and before that, battle some bad guys on Earth and in space.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech:
Dark Green

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:
1 or 2

Please provide a sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contains at least 1 line of dialogue):

“Come on Carol, you know I’m the best to test out Stark’s new toy out there. From what I hear, he is debating of getting out of the weapons side of things. Let me fly his new wings. Who else do you think you can put up there that can push that thing to its limits?”

“THAT is exactly why YOU aren’t going up there, Hal. You would more then likely crash it or come so close that the repairs would be outrageous. In fact, I don’t even want you remotely close to that aircraft. Knowing my luck, just being close to it would cause something wrong to go on with the test flight. I’m sorry, Hal, this is too important for you to do. You may be one of our best pilots but also one of our most reckless. It took me months to get Stark Industries to approve us as its first location for testing. I think they even insisted that one of their own pilots should fly it. It was someone by the name of Rhodes or something like that.”

A very pissed off Jordan stomps off towards his locker grabbing his leather jacket and his keys. He then gets into his car and notices that his green ring which he left inside his car was glowing and beeping. Jordan reluctantly puts it on knowing that either one of the Guardians or Salaak will be on the other end waiting to chew him out for not having the ring on. Jordan sees the figure of Salaak hovering over the ring.

“Lantern Jordan of sector 2814, where have you been? The Guardians have tried to get a hold of you. The planet Xron is in dire need of your help.”

Jordan sighs as he reaches back into the back seat and grabs his battery. To his amazement and probably due to him parking at the far end of the parking lot almost a quarter mile away from everyone else, no one has noticed it even if it is covered in a brown sack. He then proceeds to recite the oath that he was taught on Oa.

“IN Brightest Days, in Blackest Night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil’s might, beware my power, Green Lantern’s Light!”

With his ring fully charged, he flies out of his car and into space to deal with whatever is going on at Xron.

Post a picture of your character:

One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG

Character you would like to play: Doctor Stephen Strange, Sorcerer Supreme

Powers:
Mystical in nature, Master of Sorcery

Brief history of the character:
Stephen Strange was a very well accomplished neurosurgeon. He was arrogant and rich. One night after work, he was driving and found himself in a car accident. The accident injured his hands. The doctors were able to save his hands but Strange lost the really fine motor control he had which ended his career as a surgeon. He spent his vast fortune trying to find ways to restore what he had lost. This forced him to do very risky and illegal procedures to survive. Strange had learned of someone called the Ancient One and hoped that this person could heal his hands. The Ancient One refused but did offer to train Strange in the mystic ways. Strange refused but after seeing a confrontation between Mordu and the Ancient One, Strange took up the Ancient One’s offer in order to face Mordu on more even grounds. This pleased the Ancient One and spent several years teaching Strange. After he was done, Strange went out to protect not just Earth but the entire dimension from mystic forces.

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character:
I haven’t played Strange in a long time and want another crack at the character.

What are your plans with this character? Do you have a story:
IF we can find a Dr. Fate, have Strange and Fate team up to some degree and maybe even form a “mystical” team similar to Shadowpact.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech:
Brown

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:
1-2 days

Please provide a sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contains at least 1 line of dialogue):

In an astral realm, the Phantom Stranger along with the Spectre walks up to the Ancient One.

“It will be interesting to see how your new pupil will do, Ancient One. It is also a little funny that his last name is Strange.”

“It is no more interesting that Dr. Fate is a doctor but of a different degree, Phantom Stranger. These two beings will hopefully keep the magical balance in order.”

“How can you be certain that this Doctor Strange won’t use his powers for vengeance against the one who took the use of his hands from him in the car accident? He could also try to destroy Mordu out of vengeance to make sure that pupil of yours won’t try to mess things up.”

“He will protect this dimension from the many mystical forces that would enjoy making it a playground for themselves or simply destroy it for their pleasure. If I wasn’t too concern about too much power in his possession, more for fear of it being stolen, I would have him search out the helmet of Fate.”

Back on Earth, Strange flips through one of his many books when he felt something in the mystical field of Earth shift. He goes over to his Seeing Globe and says the words to see what he felt. Immediately he sees that his old nemesis Mordu was trying to unleash Dormammu into this realm by sending souls back through the portal. Strange then creates a door which transported him to the location. He and Mordu fought for a long while. Strange did defeat Mordu and released the sent souls back to their proper bodies on Earth. In an effort to get away from Strange, Mordu jumped into the portal which closed right behind him. With the portal closed and Strange exhausted, he return to his home in New York City.

“See, Spectre, Stephen didn’t take out any vengeance against Mordu even though he could have for the trapped souls that Mordu used. He, instead, defeated Mordu and saved Earth from Dormammu. If Strange wasn’t there, it may have fallen to one of you two since I’m no longer able to fight. Stephen is the right person to help lead the mystic heroes of this dimension against whatever is out there to threaten it.”

“Very well, Ancient One, Spectre and I will be keeping a close eye on Stephen Strange and do understand that we do prefer Dr. Fate for this role which they will now share.”

Spectre and Phantom Stranger slowly disappears as the Ancient One continues to watch his newest pupil take up the role of Sorcerer Supreme.

Post a picture of your character: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090624000205/marveldatabase/images/b/bf/DeodatoStrange.jpg
DeodatoStrange.jpg

There, my two characters with one being a GL and the other a "proper" Sorcerer Supreme.

Sweet lady. She brings brownies to our weekly Klan meetings.

MSTie is approved for Ollie.

And to everyone else, IC thread will go up Wednesday.

One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG

Character you would like to play: Titanium Man

Powers: The unknown pilot of the Titanium Man armor shows signs of being very well versed in the art of war, including hand-to-hand combat (although it is hindered to a degree by the simple fact that he's wearing a large thick suit of armor), familiarity with any number of close range and long range weapons, and has a keen tactical mind.

The armor itself grants the pilot a high level of durability that surpasses that of Iron Man. It also allows him enhanced speed, jet powered flight, laser blasts, and strength that rivals Iron Man's own armor.

Brief history of the character: Authorities have reason to believe that the Titanium Man armor originated from designs stolen from Dr. John Henry Irons and fell into the hands of A.I.M. or a similar group of minds, who then developed the designs even further. The result of this unfortunate combination of ideas is the Titanium Man weapon.

Constructed from adamantium, metallo, prometheum, and other alloys (surprisingly little titanium, ironically), the suit is nigh-indestructible. Planned to be stronger and more durable than Iron Man or Steel, at the expense of swiftness and maneuverability, in theory the Titanium Man is meant to fly through a building rather than fly around it.

And that would indeed be the case, if not for the sheer skill of the pilot inside. The unknown man has somehow managed to make this flying tank on steroids into something that could potentially give Superman a run for his money in aerial acrobatics. Combining raw talent with the state of the art weapon of mass destruction that he now wears, the Titanium Man is a threat to anything in its path.

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character: I've come up with a number of long-term story ideas for the character that I'm really interested in developing, plus I'm eager to establish what I hope will be a strong fixture in the world of the game. Also, Titanium Man is awesome.

What are your plans with this character? Do you have a story: Do I have a story? Yes. What are my plans for the character? I'm being intentionally vague here, since the truth of a number of my plans won't be apparent for quite some time, but my hope for right now is to simply set a few foundations for future stories while simultaneously providing a fun villain to fly around and fight heroes with.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: Dark green, bold, System-style font.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As many as necessary for whatever the given circumstance.

The rumble under my feet is almost calming at this point. The jet boots have taken a long time to grow accustomed to, but I could practically lie back and relax with them now, if they weren't currently propelling me through the air at great speeds.

Checking my heads up display, I can zoom in to see the target stepping out onto the roof of the Gotham City Police building and walking towards the powerful custom spotlight situated there. Gotham city's protector is a powerful figure in certain circles, but it will not save James Gordon.

"Confirm, base. I have target in sight and he is alone. Verify scans."

"Verified," replies the voice over my radio as they double check to make certain that Gordon has no other guests with him on the rooftop right now, and that the Batman has not yet appeared. I must remember to tell Ra's Al Ghul not to expect any further favors from me in the immediate future. Assassinations are so... common.

Setting down onto a building ledge a block down the street from the GCPD, two halves of an energy blasting sniper rifle automatically eject from the plating around my thighs, and I join the two together. Kneeling down and taking aim, a sigh escapes my lips beneath my helmet. "I have far more important matters that I should be focusing my attention towards." Looking down the scope of the rifle, my finger tightens around the trigger, but I pause. "No. This is indeed beneath me." I stand up and begin breaking the gun apart and folding it away. "If the Demon's Head wants the Commissioner dead, he will have to employ his own forces."

Post a picture of your character:

130942-7742-titanium-man.jpg

Last edited:
Oh. So he can change Titanium Man and the Mystery Secret Identity but I can't change Hal Jordan's. I see.

:o

:doom: :doom: :doom:

Because no one cares about the Titanium Man

I don't think I've even ever heard of Titanium Man

IF I recall correctly, the Titanium Man is one of Iron Man's more powerful rivals. I believe that the more usual and probably only way that Tony Stark been able to beat him is by out thinking him.

Ok, I have heard of him. Been a long time, though.

I think the last time I heard that name was back in the DTL days.

The difference between Hal Jordan and Titanium Man here is that I'm not changing anyone's origin, as was proposed for Hal back in the application thread. It's simply a new version of the Titanium Man armor that was developed. Anyone can wear it without detracting anything from Boris or Gremlin (just like the mystery wearer who was beaten up by Noh-Varr).

Taskmaster posed as Daredevil in the old Marvel game and no one made a fuss. Bane posed as Batman in Ultimate DC and it was fine. Parasite shapeshifted into Lex Luthor in WoH and life went on. This isn't really any different. :o

Check out something myself and a few other Hype RPG Members have been putting together: The Off-Panel Podcast!

If you don't, I'll make sure your currently applied for character suddenly becomes open and available. :awesome:

**** you, I spent enough time listening to that **** while I edited it. I'll be goddamn if you'll take my Batman from me!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"