Lucifer One Million Moms protesting Lucifer

KevanG

Pragmatic Villain
Reaction score
Sympathetic Satan means don't watch this show.
Conservative Christians are throwing a fit over a work of fiction because it portrays Satan as a likable character.

Remember the right-wing group One Million Moms? You know, the group affiliated with the hate group American Family Association that only has 71,000 likes on Facebook and a paltry 2,900 followers on Twitter? The group that constantly starts doomed to fail petitions demanding they get their way?

Well, 71,000 One Million Moms is at it again. This time, they are whining about an upcoming Fox series based on DC characters created by Neil Gaiman titled Lucifer, starring Tom Ellis as Satan himself.

But One Million Moms, or 71,000 Moms if you want to be accurate, want Fox to cancel the show because Lucifer isn’t evil enough and the show will somehow “glorify Satan.”

Naturally, Gaiman couldn’t resist responding to the conservative group to remind them of their past failures.

"Ah. It seems like only yesterday (but it was 1991) that the “Concerned Mothers of America” announced that they were boycotting Sandman because it contained Lesbian, Gay, Bi and Trans characters. It was Wanda that upset them most: the idea of a Trans Woman in a comic book… They told us they were organizing a boycott of Sandman, which they would only stop if we wrote to the American Family Association and promised to reform. I wonder if they noticed it didn’t work last time, either…"

Seems like a good enough reason to at least give it a try. :whatever:

The only thing they'll do is give the show free publicity.

I've always said that Satan was misunderstood.

I mean quite frankly, if you compare the stuff he's done, compared to the American Family Association...

What's that old saying about people in glass houses not throwing stones?

I believe the saying goes like

"You're wrong, **** you, do as I say."

They want to ban something without thinking sbout why a tv show about Satan is more dangerous than Bush invading Iraq or domestic spying or the government using torture.

A comic book tv show on Fox is where they draw the line.

Hey now, murder, death and corruption is a normal natural part of life but if you dare bring in the Devil into it then the **** hits the fan.

Despite a large amount of movies, books, plays, tv shows, ect. casting demons, the devil and other mythological 'bad guys' in other lights for centuries. :whatever:

If it makes them feel any better, this show will probably be terrible and get canceled after 5 episodes.

Neil Gaiman responds to the one million moms protest.
http://neil-gaiman.tumblr.com/post/120223970701/one-million-moms-says-new-fox-tv-series
Ah. It seems like only yesterday (but it was 1991) that the “Concerned Mothers of America” announced that they were boycotting SANDMAN because it contained Lesbian, Gay, Bi and Trans characters. It was Wanda that upset them most: the idea of a Trans Woman in a comic book… They told us they were organising a boycott of SANDMAN, which they would only stop if we wrote to the American Family Association and promised to reform.

I wonder if they noticed it didn’t work last time, either…

I don't even care if the show doesn't end up being good at this point. I just want it to succeed out of spite. I'm done with these self-righteous, pearl-clutching "Somebody think of the children!"-spewing nutjobs. It's like... enough already. Mind your own s*** and stop trying to dictate what's "appropriate" for everyone else.

These people have some of the most free time of any "moms" I've ever heard of.

Free publicity yay!

Doesn't the bible have Lucifer as the most loved angel before his fall? Actually in the bible he didn't do half the crap that god did and you could really understand where he was coming from.

Protesting works of fiction justs makes people look stupid. There are a lot more things to put one's efforts into such as poverty, homelessness, economic inequality etc. What a waste of time!

If they did that then they'd actually have to put effort into something as opposed to going 'shame shame think of the children' then moving onto the next thing to ***** about.

What about the one show where a pregnant woman got stabbed in her stomach and where the little girl died screaming in a bonfire?

They're probably fans of that. Besides it's on HBO, they're probably scared of them but a small network show is fine. Especially one that is as useless as Fox.

Fish+milk+_098b35239d7575008b0b54bbec0074b6.jpg

I have to say, I'm with them. The fact that it is fiction is moot. It is completely twisted and morally upside-down to create a comic/show that glorifies the devil. Screw this show. Hope it is swiftly cancelled.

I have to say, I'm with them. The fact that it is fiction is moot. It is completely twisted and morally upside-down to create a comic/show that glorifies the devil. Screw this show. Hope it is swiftly cancelled.

tumblr_nylgag5r7v1u7wro3o1_500.jpg

Okie-dokie

(tosses Paradise Lost into the fire)

Its a fictional show about a fictional character. Waaaaa. Its not like the show is going to be glorifyong baby rape and baby sacrifice. At worst this show's Lucifer will be partaking of the same vices that most shows on basic cable show so woopty do.

And I promise you this show wont summon Lucifer through your tv screen.

The devil has the seven deadly sins which are virtually unavoidable.

A silly tv show where he's sympathetic is the least of mankind's worries.

That's adorable.

Morality has nothing to do with religion. Religion can compel people to act morally, but religious people can act immorally and atheists can and do act morally all the time.

To me these are all fictional characters to start with.

Morality has nothing to do with religion. Religion can compel people to act morally, but religious people can act immorally and atheists can and do act morally all the time.

To me these are all fictional characters to start with.
Well said

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"