One Piece discussion (Spoilers)

I think Croc's going to come back stronger though. He'll likely have powered up during the last 2 years. I don't think him being in, and having a role in the big war was for nothing, it was most likely setting Croc back up to being a player (maybe not a big one though). Plus, we still haven't heard what his connection to Whitebeard was, or what Ivankov had on him. Though if the darker side of the internet has their way, it'll be that Ivankov turned Croc into a guy from a girl....the stuff you stumble onto by accident /shivers.

Finally ended the Skypie saga, going to watch G-8 now, i heard it's a very good story arc and an example of how One Piece has good fillers. Hope the next saga's thrilling, heard it was full of twists

Been awhile, but after Skypia I believe it's CP9, Robin's arc, and where they get Franky. It's a good arc, and the last fight of that arc is the best OP fight up to that point. After that it's Thriller Bark, which is a great arc as well.

Seems like today's Oda's birthday.

Just finished the Ennies Lobby arc, now's when the Thousand Sunny is going to be built i believe, this saga has been incredible, Luffy vs the main CP9 agent was very well done and the saga also had some of my favourite comedy moments (CP9 becoming a zoo :woot:).

By the way, anybody played this game?

One_Piece_Pirate_Warriors_Cover.jpg

There's also going to be a sequel

One-Piece-Pirate-Warriors-2.jpg

I want to get it,but am so back logged on games I put it on hold. I wish they had released is on disk here, and not just PSN though.

Here in Europe it was released in Disk form, but i'll probably wait until the price drops.

Was this film good?

Japanese_poster_of_One_Piece_Film_Strong_World.jpg

It was written by Oda himself but the reaction of fans seems very divided, Film Z which is aparently produced by Oda is on youtube in Raw form, it seems very good too.

I liked it, but I liked most OP movies. I don't usually look forward to them like I do a regular movie, but just as additional content I can watch while waiting on the manga and anime to release. It's been awhile since I saw Strong World, but I don't remember being disappointed by it.

I see, i watched the films up until the 7th except for the 3rd and they've been very enjoyable, the only i didn't like as much was the 1st film. I've actually been looking forward to Strong world and Film z since before i began to watch OP from the begining again (last time it was years ago and i only reached around Skypie).

Most fans problem with Strong World and Film Z is that they don't like the idea of Luffy defeating a former legend that rivaled Roger and an ex-admiral so soon. Then again only about half of the fans consider Strong world canon, and even less think of Film Z as canon since that one wasn't even written by Oda.

I don't know if you read it already but you should try Chapter 0, it was a prequel for the entire manga series and done as a promotion for Strong World. It was written by Oda himself and shows how things were 20 years before the main events

http://mangafox.me/manga/one_piece/v58/c565.5/1.html

I enjoyed Strong World a lot, that whole thing about Luffy beating Shiki can be explained by Shiki loosing his strength over time from being out of the game, having his legs cut off, and by underestimating Luffy. I cant wait for Film Z, the fight scenes look amazing.

I'm in the middle of Marineford, i like how Luffy isn't sudenly top tier, he can't even hurt an admiral. I also like how this conflict has been foreshadowed since almost the begining of the series, Blackbeard was mentioned during drum island and his meeting with Shanks was foreshadowed in Jaya.

The new years break is still on. 3 weeks without any new manga....I'm going through withdraw /shakes. Still though, when it comes back, something big is gonna happen. Doflamingo is heading towards Luffy, Law, and crew. With Franky still fighting. I thought they'd take the samurai family, and the kids home before the Doflamingo arc. Now, I'm guessing Doflamingo arrives, pisses Luffy off, and the Strawhats follow. The marines can always mess with the kids. As for what Doflamingo does? I'm guessing he helps Baby 5 out, and beats Franky to near death, or kidnaps him forcing the Strawhats to rescue him.

Actually, next chapter's going to be released around 15/ 16 i believe

The new years break is still on. 3 weeks without any new manga....I'm going through withdraw /shakes. Still though, when it comes back, something big is gonna happen. Doflamingo is heading towards Luffy, Law, and crew. With Franky still fighting. I thought they'd take the samurai family, and the kids home before the Doflamingo arc. Now, I'm guessing Doflamingo arrives, pisses Luffy off, and the Strawhats follow. The marines can always mess with the kids. As for what Doflamingo does? I'm guessing he helps Baby 5 out, and beats Franky to near death, or kidnaps him forcing the Strawhats to rescue him.

I know right, it's going to be an epic issue. I wonder how they'll help Kinemon, they wont just kill him off like that? No doubt Chopper will come to the rescue with some remedy, which means he can save the G-5's, which means Smoker will be in their dept. All this stuff with Doflamingo is going to set the events for the Strawhats in the New World. So exciting.

Another possibility is that Doflamingo takes Caesar with him, and the Strawhats + Law follow Doflamingo back. Mainly because Caesar has an antidote to the poison. Either way, I see this as the stepping stone fight to Big Mam/Mom. Doflamingo seemed like the most powerful shichibukai during the war (or atleast on Mihawk's level). So it's a nice fight to build up to a Younko fight. Though taking Kinemon home will probably be an arc as well with something having gone down at his home.

So the Shadowy figure, friend or foe? He doesn't have anything to do with Doflamingo otherwise he/she would have been mentioned by Doflamingo. I am interested in this "house of Cards" higher achy. Joker in the "Heart" seat? As usual more questions than answers :csad:

BTW, since we're talking Doflamingo, what do you think his power is? Given that he manipulates ppl, and twitches his fingers like a puppateer moving a marionette's strings. I'm guessing just that, puppet-puppet fruit. His fingers have something like invisible strings that can manipulate ppl (see freezing Diamond Jose in place), or slice when waved around (Oars Jr's leg). He'll no doubt have haki on top of that.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, but he can fly??? Unless he also has the power to manipulate matter as well, but that's a little to close to Black Beards power.

The most popular theory, which i think is the right onw is that he can create strings, and he uses them to control and amputate people, since crocodile is made of sand that powers couldn't do much against him

Water has a tiny skin on it. Given that Brook can run on water, I'd imagine that's the case with Doflamingo. If the strings don't pierce the skin, and he moves them over the water fast enough, that could work. Plus he's doing the finger thing in that picture again, meaning his flight does have something to do with the way his fingers move.

I'm in fishman island, well done arc but not one that i would like to rewatch. It kinda reminds me of Skypiea

I finished the manga yesterday, looking back in this thread i see that i watched the anime and became caught up with the manga in less than 2 months, that must be a record right? :p

Heh, yeah, that was pretty fast. I can't say anything though because I'm the same when I find a manga I like. I was the same with OP, but when I got caught up was during Thriller Bark. So I had to start doing the waiting anxiously for new issues.

My most recent two, doing what you did, are Histories strongest disciple Kenichi, and Rosario + Vampire. Both of which I caught up with recently, but are in the middle of big fights that have been building up. It seemed like all of my weekly manga hit that huge battle point at the same time, so it's been a pain being patient.

Hahah, that's true, i have been keeping an eye on One Piece for some years since i stoped watching near Skypiea, last year the ones i watched were Bleach and Fairy Tail, not continuing to reading FT though, i'm read Toriko now, when i'm done i'm trying seinens like Vagabond and Berserk.

I wonder which one of the 2 yonkos is going to fall sooner

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"