One thing they need to get right......

I know we are trapped in an uber-politically correct era and I know there is no way in heck that "American Way" will ever be mentioned on screen without it being totally tongue-in-cheek, but I believe "American Way" means more than just fighting for our country.

Watch the news. The american way is lending a helping hand across the globe. Which country supplies other countries with food, support, and protection first? That would be the US of A my friends.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

I do believe Superman would fight for "Truth, Justice, and the American Way."

EDIT: To keep on topic, I'd like to have the same feeling I had when I saw Supes (Christopher Reeve) shake his head in disbelief that Lois was dead and the scream into the sky on his way to reverse the earth's rotation. I haven't had the same feeling in any Superman movie since. That was "epic".

Last edited:
oh totally it could work in the right manner but with the media being so PC these days its doubtful it will be used.

Or they could just avoid that line completely because its not necessary....

true we dont really need the line though at least hearing truth or justice thrown out would be nice.

Lois: "So why are you here?"

Superman: "I'm just one man trying to make a difference"

I think DC would be wise to make the majority of their films going forward with immense scale to them. One of DC's strengths & weaknesses, is that most of it's flagship heroes weren't as relatable as Marvel's, as most of them are mythical, larger than life characters (i.e. Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, etc.)

The flipside to that of course, is that you can tell movies on a massive scale. I think it's that element that could allow DC to have a pretty strong run of movies, IF DONE RIGHT. There's a treasure chest full of big, spectacle event films waiting to be made

you do have a good point there doc, it would be an interesting thing for dc to do with these guys.

.......is, and for me this is an essential part of the character, the epicness of the character. Superman has an epicness about him that very few other characters can replicate, only 3 spring to mind for me (Hulk, Silver Surfer, Optimus Prime).

It as essential as the Kents to Superman for me and its something that always comes through in the best Superman stories, this epicness is the thing that makes the hairs stand up on the back of your neck when you are reading about/watching the character and they need to get this right.

Even in Superman Returns, in parts, they got the epicness of the character, the plane scene, the re-charge above the clouds and the lifting of New Krypton spring to mind as the scene's that show the epicness of the character, we need these type of scene's in the new Superman movie as stuff like this is what makes the character different to the likes of Batman, Spiderman, Wolverine, et al.

Anyone else agree?

I'll agree. But I feel the need to point out the fact that the word "epicness" does not exist.

And anyone who thinks a Superman movie should not be epic can go and jump off a cliff... and die...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"