Opinion: Very depressed now

Tesseract, how many times must we dance to this melancholy tune? I'm not doing it this time, I'll leave the bait because I know the end result. There's no way I can go on with this statement from someone who calls most Republicans who have any religious prefrence a member of the 'American Taliban'.

It's bound not to end well.:o

Wrong again, I don't call all republicans with religious preferences "American Taliban" I call those American Taliban, who prefer their religious doctrine above the principles established in the constitution. I call the Tthe religious right that, to be specific, and the Republican party has kowtowed numerous times to these people, in the past, because their desire to hold power is bigger, than their desire to stop the religious whack jobs from pushing their evil agenda through and ruining the lives of many people in the process.

Huckabee is American Taliban through and through. John McCain is kowtowing to them at the moment because of the "votes", Rudy Guilliani was not American Taliban, Arnold Schwarzenegger is not American Taliban and a lot of Republicans aren't American Taliban, however, the Party as a whole has been High Jacked by the American Taliban because they prefer to hold power instead of doing the right thing.

Wrong again, I don't call all republicans with religious preferences "American Taliban" I call those American Taliban, who prefer their religious doctrine above the principles established in the constitution. I call the Tthe religious right that, to be specific, and the Republican party has kowtowed numerous times to these people, in the past, because their desire to hold power is bigger, than their desire to stop the religious whack jobs from pushing their evil agenda through and ruining the lives of many people in the process.

Huckabee is American Taliban through and through. John McCain is kowtowing to them at the moment because of the "votes", Rudy Guilliani was not American Taliban, Arnold Schwarzenegger is not American Taliban and a lot of Republicans aren't American Taliban, however, the Party as a whole has been High Jacked by the American Taliban because they prefer to hold power instead of doing the right thing.

But do you really realize what you are comparing the religious right to.....please tell me when men have beaten, poured acid, killed their wives for showing their ankels in public. please tell me when men have kept women from seeing male doctors because of their religious beliefs. please tell me when men of the religious right kept women from receiving an education. please tell me when the religious right of America has taken women who have dishonored their husbands into a large arena and shot them in the head as the public cheered.

I have no problem with you disagreeing with the religious right, but comparing them to the Taliban, is just ignorant of who and what the Taliban are, and what they believe.

You want to compare the Religious Right to the Absolute Monarchies of the 15th Century.....go for it, but the Taliban.....come on.....:o :o :o

^^^ yea what Kel said....I understand people like to throw the wordd 'Taliban' around for shock value, but that post just comes off as angry liberal rhetoric

But do you really realize what you are comparing the religious right to.....please tell me when men have beaten, poured acid, killed their wives for showing their ankels in public. please tell me when men have kept women from seeing male doctors because of their religious beliefs. please tell me when men of the religious right kept women from receiving an education. please tell me when the religious right of America has taken women who have dishonored their husbands into a large arena and shot them in the head as the public cheered.

I have no problem with you disagreeing with the religious right, but comparing them to the Taliban, is just ignorant of who and what the Taliban are, and what they believe.

You want to compare the Religious Right to the Absolute Monarchies of the 15th Century.....go for it, but the Taliban.....come on.....:o :o :o

The similarty exists in terms of political desire. Both, the Taliban and the religious right are vehemently anti-human rights. Both desire to combine religious and political spheres. It's the political agenda that is the same, not the social practices (yet). Besides, I'm wholeheartly convinced that, if the religious right would get into power and codify their views into law you would pretty soon reach a state, where a lot of those atrocities you cited would rear their ugly heads again, towards women and any other group that goes against the idea of "christianity" the religious right expresses. Oh and btw, the monarchies of the 15th century pretty much behaved like what you described about the Taliban or what do you think was done to women and minorty groups back then?

^^^ yea what Kel said....I understand people like to throw the wordd 'Taliban' around for shock value, but that post just comes off as angry liberal rhetoric

Oh I'm absolutely liberal, I'm liberal in the strictest sense of the word. I'm a strict adherent to Kant and Rosseau and I'm also angry. I'm angry that a whole party of the United States kowtows to people, who would catapult the country back into the middle ages if they could do as they want, all out of power hunger.

The similarty exists in terms of political desire. Both, the Taliban and the religious right are vehemently anti-human rights. Both desire to combine religious and political spheres. It's the political agenda that is the same, not the social practices (yet). Besides, I'm wholeheartly convinced that, if the religious right would get into power and codify their views into law you would pretty soon reach a state, where a lot of those atrocities you cited would rear their ugly heads again, towards women and any other group that goes against the idea of "christianity" the religious right expresses. Oh and btw, the monarchies of the 15th century pretty much behaved like what you described about the Taliban or what do you think was done to women and minorty groups back then?

Sorry, your comparison is still silly....

As far as the 15th Century, I was speaking of the Absolute Monarchies power coming through the church from God....

And if you think that ANY GROUP, in the US could come to power that would allow the acts against women, as sanctioned by the government.....then sorry, theres no use continuing the discussion.

So..How far-right are you?

I wouldnt say Kel is far right on anything.....neither am I...Im fairly middle of the road and I wouldnt compare the evangelicals to the Taliban....it just doesnt make sense....its a verbal scare tactic.....like when Rudy invokes 9/11

I love it when someone who is a far-leftist or far-rightist that they automatically assume that the person who disagrees with them is automatically an extremist right or left winger while they see themselves as open minded :whatever:

I love it when someone who is a far-leftist or far-rightist that they automatically assume that the person who disagrees with them is automatically an extremist right or left winger while they see themselves as open minded :whatever:

or how one side feels the need to demonize the other...as if it makes their point more valid

or how one side feels the need to demonize the other...as if it makes their point more valid

QFT..........:o :o :o :csad:

Sorry, your comparison is still silly....

As far as the 15th Century, I was speaking of the Absolute Monarchies power coming through the church from God....

And if you think that ANY GROUP, in the US could come to power that would allow the acts against women, as sanctioned by the government.....then sorry, theres no use continuing the discussion.

So now you see why I passed on this little go 'round?:o

Ah but since a valid question has been raised, what political affiliation do you belong to exactly, or do you have one at all, Kel?

If Moses came down from heaven and told me that G-d wanted me to vote for McCain, I'd blaspheme like a mother ****er!

Just my opinion!

Well, if you've read any of my posts here or other places on the hype......you would realize that I'm actually very left of center. But I'm Independent......I've voted both Republican and Democrat in various elections.......

BUT, to be more specific, I would be considered fiscally right of center, and socially liberal.:yay:

So now you see why I passed on this little go 'round?:o

Ah but since a valid question has been raised, what political affiliation do you belong to exactly, or do you have one at all, Kel?

I answered this above for another poster...

BUT, please by no means confuse my discussion with agreeing with the Christian right............on many issues I DO NOT AGREE......I believe in God, and I'm proud of that.......but I see no need to push my beliefs on anyone. They are my beliefs........I do not mind, nor care if others do not share them........

Well, if you've read any of my posts here or other places on the hype......you would realize that I'm actually very left of center. But I'm Independent......I've voted both Republican and Democrat in various elections.......

BUT, to be more specific, I would be considered fiscally right of center, and socially liberal.:yay:

Ahhh trying to capture the best in both worlds...cheater.

Everybody's so busy wanting to be down with the gang 'I'm conservative, I'm liberal, I'm conservative'. Bull****! Be a ****ing person! Lis-ten! Let it swirl around your head. Then form your opinion. No normal, decent person is one thing, ok? I've got some **** I'm conservative about, I've got some **** I'm liberal about. Crime, I'm conservative. Prostitution, I'm liberal! - Chris Rock

Everybody's so busy wanting to be down with the gang 'I'm conservative, I'm liberal, I'm conservative'. Bull****! Be a ****ing person! Lis-ten! Let it swirl around your head. Then form your opinion. No normal, decent person is one thing, ok? I've got some **** I'm conservative about, I've got some **** I'm liberal about. Crime, I'm conservative. Prostitution, I'm liberal! - Chris Rock

Yea...what he said

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"