Orange is the new Black

Bruce Malone

Superhero
Reaction score
I couldn't find a thread here surprisingly? Well I just finished it on Netlfix and it surprised me how good it turned out to be? From the premise and previews I wasn't sure this would be a show i'd like. Anyone here check out out as well? I highly recommend anyone with netflix check it out, great original content from them.

76839-will-orange-is-the-new-black-be-netflixs-next-big-hit-series.jpg

I was at a friend's house a few nights ago and she was watching this. Seems good, been thinking of checkin it out. I Needa check out this House of Cards and Hemlock Grove for real

House of Cards for sure another great show there, however I heard Hemlock grove was pretty crappy from both reviews and a friend of mine who's seen it.

Hemlock Grove is okay. House of Cards and this show don't really interest me, and it bugs me that Netflix releases all the episodes at once.

Hemlock Grove is okay. House of Cards and this show don't really interest me, and it bugs me that Netflix releases all the episodes at once.

How so? The only people i've heard make similar claims are those who can't seem to control their viewing habits and have to binge watch. Myself I enjoy the option of watching these shows at my own leisure and pace. I usually spread them out over a week or so like I did with Orange.

Also not to harp but if it wasn't for a bored afternoon I probably would have never given this show a chance but i'm glad I did.

I think the usual week long wait between episodes helps with anticipation. Plus, it keeps everyone on the same page. Conversation becomes "did you see the latest episode?" over "what part are you up to?"

Just finished the 1st season this morning and loved it. I like how the flash back to all the inmates lives pre prison and what lands them in there.

Show's great. I dig the bad place outta it.

I thought this show looked bad from the trailer, but people seem to be liking it, so I'll give it a shot.

I was scared check this show out because I didn't want to waste any time. It was time well wasted. I enjoyed it tremendously. The lady who wrote the story and the story was based on, Piper Kerman, is pretty hot too. Google her.

I always prefer hot writers. Dat Stephen King...

How crude is the show? I'm not really into crude humor. That's just how I roll.

How crude is the show? I'm not really into crude humor. That's just how I roll.

Define your definition of crude? It does take place in a prison so there are some pretty "gritty" elements although no where near like oz and the humor often relates to that.

I wouldn't watch it with your parents if that means anything? Although that's my philosophy for most tv.

Define your definition of crude? It does take place in a prison so there are some pretty "gritty" elements although no where near like oz and the humor often relates to that.

I wouldn't watch it with your parents if that means anything? Although that's my philosophy for most tv.

hmmm..trying to think of a good example. Not coming up with any good ones. I guess, does it have a ton of cussing and dick/vagina jokes?

Yes.

As well as finger banging, arson, general stupid people doing stupid things cuz they're stupid, you know, prison.

Just finished watching this. I liked it a lot. Can't wait to see where the next season takes things. Very funny and it even had some tearjerkers in there. I actually teared up during Ms. Claudette's story and I know it's not likely but: [BLACKOUT]I hope she comes back[/BLACKOUT]I actually think this is better than Weeds' first season.

The only thing was by the end of it, i hated Piper. I know that was intentional but still.

Really looking forward to season 2

Watched the first few episodes. It's great. Reminds me alot of the tone of weeds (not surprisingly).

Just finished watching this. I liked it a lot. Can't wait to see where the next season takes things. Very funny and it even had some tearjerkers in there. I actually teared up during Ms. Claudette's story and I know it's not likely but: [BLACKOUT]I hope she comes back[/BLACKOUT]I actually think this is better than Weeds' first season.

The only thing was by the end of it, i hated Piper. I know that was intentional but still.

Really looking forward to season 2

Yeah that was intentional and from what I've heard from the creator the intent is to eventually move the show into more of an ensemble show as opposed to it being so Piper focused anyways. It was just easier to sell it with Piper in the lead as the hook.

The ending/cliff-hanger was pretty intense. I wasn't sure if this was actually supposed to go beyond one season when I started watching it?

Just watched 13 episodes in 13 hours. I'm one of those people that cant control their viewing of shows. Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, House of Cards forget about it. I'm a sleepless zombie once I start watching.

Shows I wish would come to netflixs are The Wire, Game of Thrones, The Shield. Heard good things about these one and really want to watch.

The boyfriend is a dbag for lying to Piper about Alex not fingering her (hehe). He brought his own misery on by lying and then was to stupid to see that. Dumb ash

Yeah that was intentional and from what I've heard from the creator the intent is to eventually move the show into more of an ensemble show as opposed to it being so Piper focused anyways. It was just easier to sell it with Piper in the lead as the hook.

The ending/cliff-hanger was pretty intense. I wasn't sure if this was actually supposed to go beyond one season when I started watching it?

Not sure what you mean by that but it was renewed for season two weeks (months?) before it was even dropped on Netflix.

I mean I didn't hear anything about it being a two season show. I thought it could have been a mini-series pretty much. I only learned it got a 2nd season after I finished watching the show. Didn't hear much about the show before i decided to check it out one day.

Good show, although it took me until the 2nd-to-last episode to like the three main love interests. Well Alex and Larry, anyway.

Last edited:
I thought this was one of the more enjoyable shows of the summer. I look forward to season two.

Damn, I had to go hunting for this thread. Surprised no one is talking about this. Just binged the entire season in two days. So good. That ending... it's not fair.

Netflix has this original content thing down. Great writing and fantastic acting; I seriously can't recommend this show enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"