Homecoming Orci Officially Off Amazing 3

Note to self, don't talk about Spider-man on Spider-man blogs gotchya.
post-47270-Mulan-I-came-out-to-have-a-goo-2yGL.gif

1. It's not a drastic change that makes a big difference.
2. The most boring aspect of the TASM movies. Peter's dad and his research. Big big mistake, and it totally dwarfs Uncle Ben's memory in these movies with Peter being all obsessed over his dad's work. The pay off for it in TASM 2 was awful.
3. Another lazy mistake. Even Spider-Man is an Oscorp creation along with his villains.
4. Ruined the George Stacy character. He should have been one of the few supporters of Spider-Man. We have Jonah Jameson for the official hate Spider-Man brigade, but the TASM movies won't even use him. Not to mention there was a paternal bond between Peter and George in the 616 universe which helped make his death so sad, but in the TASM movie there's nothing there, George can't stand Peter, and Peter acts like a smart mouth to him.
5. Pointless change
6. Another big mistake. The family element is one of the most crucial aspects to The Lizard, and TASM movies cut it out altogether.
7. How we missed the iconic lab coat look (save for that one brief scene where wore it), instead we get the generic dinosaur look.
8. ZzzzzzzzzzzzzZ
1. Certainly isn't drastic, I agree to that
3. In Ultimate Comics it made a solid reason why Norman is obsessed with Peter in that universe, Peter was his greatest -yet unintentional- success. In the movies I guess it was done in a lazy way
4. Agreed, I also prefer George as an ally of Spider-Man
5. The funny thing is he saw him after getting away from the wrestling manager cause he was accused of stealing their money, that plot was not handled, and it was adapted to Ben's killer plot

Last edited:
All I mean is, writing walls of text and looking up panels just to prove each other wrong about whether or not Raimi took some inspiration from Ultimate comics. Seems time consuming in vain to me. There are better things to do. Especially when that's not even on topic.

@Joker still, even if there are minor differences, there is no denying there are some similarities that aren't hard to see.

The only legit similarity is the wrestling announcer naming him Spider-Man and that had to be coincidence given the release date of that issue and the fact the movie was already filming by then.

There might not of been a food fight, but there was still food flying around.

Then it's not a food fight. It's not even the same person throwing the food in both instances. You're grasping at straws.

Just like he didn't exactly break his hand in the movie but he messed up his arm.

He didn't break anything in the movie as far as we know. He just hurt his arm by squeezing it. Again you're making unfounded assumptions to try and stretch vague similarities between them. MJ later said Flash was just glad Peter didn't give him a black eye. So safe to assume he didn't break his arm especially considering Flash shows up in his new car to collect MJ, and he looks fine.

The wrestling scene where hes named Spider-man though is almost spot on though besides wanting to be called The Human Spider in the movie instead of The Spider.I really think inspiration was took.

The wrestling scene is the same as the comics. Wrestling ring, make shift masked costume, doing it to make money.

You have no basis to think inspiration was taken. It's just more wishful thinking.

Another thing with the wrestling scene, in the Ultimate comics, I'm pretty sure he did for Mary Jane, to impress her even if she didn't know it was him. Now in the movie he wrestled to get money to get a car to impress her.

Nope. He gave the money to his Aunt and Uncle anonymously in USM. Slipped it under the door in an envelope and pretended it was from the school who took up a collection as an apology for what Flash did to Peter.

I'm just curious, do you not like the Ultimate comics orr whats your opinion on them?

I love the first 60 issues of USM. But it went to hell starting with the Carnage arc.

Then why did you bring this up if you concede nothing Bendis said about the movie was put into the movie?

Because they talked to him for a reason. Even if they didn't like what he said to say. There is a dozen more prominent writers for Spider-Man they could've screened the movie for with Stan Lee of all people. It isn't definitive proof of Ultimates being a direct source for the movie, but are you going to suggest that it's not possible that anybody was paying attention to biggest book at the time, about the same character, that single handedly reinvigorated the enitirity of Marvel Comics? If that's the case, he wouldn't of been there at all.

I knew he gave the money to Ben and May but I also thought he got the idea from seeing how much Mary Jane enjoyed wrestling. Ehhh. I guess its all opinion on whether on not we think inspiration was took form the Ultimate comics for the original trilogy, I think it did but thats me. I haven't got that far into them. I bought some collections of them yesterday. I used to read them a little when they first came out but that was years ago now. I'm really enjoying them right now. I have to say though, TASM defiantly has a lot of scenes that came almost straight from the comics from that series.

All I mean is, writing walls of text and looking up panels just to prove each other wrong about whether or not Raimi took some inspiration from Ultimate comics. Seems time consuming in vain to me. There are better things to do. Especially when that's not even on topic.

Didn't mean for it to come off as in vain. I sorta enjoyed it tbh. It was interesting to say the least. Sorry to be off topic though. It kinda does relate though with it being the topic of writing and script direction from the comics. After all, Orci was a writer

Because they talked to him for a reason. Even if they didn't like what he said to say. There is a dozen more prominent writers for Spider-Man they could've screened the movie for with Stan Lee of all people. It isn't definitive proof of Ultimates being a direct source for the movie, but are you going to suggest that it's not possible that anybody was paying attention to biggest book at the time, about the same character, that single handedly reinvigorated the enitirity of Marvel Comics? If that's the case, he wouldn't of been there at all.

The reason he was there was because Marvel wanted him to take a look at the movie, not Sony or Raimi. Stan Lee was there because Sam wanted him to write some dialogue for the movie. Stan didn't want to, so they asked Bendis. He was not asked as a consultant for the movie, or any input, and they didn't like the lines he did write:

Soon after that I was invited to see the first Spider-Man movie in Sam Raimi’s office. Marvel wanted me to take a look at it. So I’m having this nerd-gasm of seeing the movie in Sam Raimi’s office. It was unfinished. It was six months before it came out. I was sitting on a couch next to Stan Lee who I really had never met. That was a really profound day for me. I did watch Stan the entire time and not the movie because I was much more interested in what was going through his head than what was going on in the movie. Honestly, I don’t think I said a damn thing. When the movie was over there were a couple of places where Sam Raimi was specifically asking for help. Stan was very emotional, not boo-hooey emotional, but very verklempt. He finally saw his vision come to life. Technology had finally caught up with his imagination. He got to watch it. I watched all this happen and literally when Sam said, “Do you think you could write a line of dialogue?” Stan literally just grabbed his coat and said, “Hey buddy, I wrote 129 issues. You can have any line of dialogue you want from them. I’m out of here. See you later guys. Bye, bye.” He’s out. And I stayed for hours because I was honored that they even asked me. An hour in, I was sitting in the office there and writing lines of dialogue. I thought at the time the one thing that was missing that they did eventually fix was that Spider-Man had no funny lines. He’s not trash-talking. So I wrote a line of dialogue that made fun of the Green Goblin costume. And one of the producers looked at me like I had just peed on her. She goes, “That costume costs a lot of money.” I say, “I know but he would make fun of it. He would make fun of everything. He’s a trash-talking basketball player.” And I could see that look of “Get the f*** out of here,” but she hadn’t said that yet. And I thought Stan’s a genius. He knew to leave. This man knew, “Go. Run.” He knew. That’s a man who has experience in the world.

http://www.book****.com/features/2009_02_014023.php

I think the censors broke the link. Put in the letter s, l, u, and t after the word book in the link and copy and paste to see the interview source.

Last edited:
1. Certainly isn't drastic, I agree to that
3. In Ultimate Comics it made a solid reason why Norman is obsessed with Peter in that universe, Peter was his greatest -yet unintentional- success. In the movies I guess it was done in a lazy way
4. Agreed, I also prefer George as an ally of Spider-Man
5. The funny thing is he saw him after getting away from the wrestling manager cause he was accused of stealing their money, that plot was not handled, and it was adapted to Ben's killer plot

Not sure Vanderbeilt will go as soon as you hope, assuming he still works on the movies, his late wife was one of the producers

Actually, Laura Ziskin (the producer that died) was the wife of Alvin Sergeant(TASM's screenwriter) not James Vanterbilt.

Another direction with the writers this should be interesting

Not if the same morons like Arad is still to ruin things as usual

well i don't want anyone under sony and arad to butcher the series again because with two films they've messed with it's pretty sad and with a result the second film did underwhleming at the box office. hopefully sony will use either vince gilligan, brad bird or drew goddard to work on the third installment and let marc and crew handle their own stuff.

Arads problem is he tries to please the fans too much. They wanted Venom so he forced Venom, they wanted a lighter tone for ASM2 so he forced a lighter tone. Ect, ect.

He should stop trying to please people and just let the franchise stick to one path rather than changing directions.

i agree. fans have been asking for descriptive details on asking for a good spiderman film from webb. infact, we also demanded a director's cut of the second movie from webb so why couldn't we get that? maybe it'll come like 2 months after the regular version

God that was an awful pun I just made. I feel ashamed. @CyclopsWasRight you are right about him trying to please fans to much. I kinda feel bad for the guy in a way. He does try to do the best even if it isn't. TASM series defiantly shoulda stuck to a tone even if there were complaints. I remember back when Batman Begins was out, there were complaints from some but eventually the good things as the franchise went along out did the negatives.

if only sony left the first film alone the entire tone would've changed. but since this is arad and sony we got to be careful for what we wish for because we might just get it in a messed up way-_-

Lol yep. I still remember the "We'll get a REAL Spider-Man!!! Goblin will be done right!!!" No more sympathetic villains!!!11!!""

lol

lolllll

yeah, instead from now on we should be more descriptive on what we're talking about.

Fire them, fire them all... Mwuahahahaha!

Raimi couldn't have been that influenced by Ultimate Spider-Man since he was hired and the script written before the first issue of Ultimate Spider-Man was even released.

Even at the time they started filming for SM1 in early January 2001, only two issues of Ultimate Spider-Man had come out.

The MJ thing is a coincidence. He used her because she is the most well known and popular of his love interests from the comics. Same reason why he chose Norman Osborn to be the villain.
You have to deal with the fact that fanboys don't know what they are talking about. It makes this place more fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"