ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)

Discussion in 'The Amazing Spider-Man' started by Daisy, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Troy_Parker

Troy_Parker Well-Known Member

Nope. He's using cartridges. They're in the game too.

2. Anno_Domini

Anno_Domini Well-Known Member

Organics suck.

A spider biting Peter and giving him strength, speed, agility, spider sense and the ability to cling to walls is one thing as it doesn't really mess with the internal organs of a human being, but organic webbing is an entire problem in itself. That would cause some disturbance in the human body and could cause a number of problems down the line.

It can be logical to say that when the spider bit Peter, it gave Peter those powers, but the mutation could have been cut short to not mutate Peter enough to harness organic webbing and thus fully mutating Peter into an actual man-spider as seen in TAS.

That is an idea the reboot could possess. As seen in the trailer, Peter ripped out a piece of webbing that could possibly mean that the mutation was stopped after Peter knocked off the spider, so instead of what was seen in Raimi's trilogy, Peter instead creates a webbing formula to use while he received the other abilities given to him from the spider.

3. Godzilla2014

Godzilla2014 Deadpan Snarker

So in other words, mechanical webshooters can be disabled in ways that biological webshooters can't.

Actually, all of that would radically change Peter Parker's physiology. How else would his bones and muscles become stronger and his reflexes faster?

4. Anno_Domini

That wouldn't radically alter Peter's insides as glands to create the webbing. There is a different between altering bones and muscles and creating entire glands that works like a spider's.

5. Troy_Parker

Troy_Parker Well-Known Member

Not to mention the fact that they're relocated to an entirely different part of his body...

6. Godzilla2014

Yes, it would. The composition of Peter's entire musculoskeletal system would be radically altered to give him superhuman strength and speed, and that's just the tip of the iceberg of the alterations to his physiology. Your argument is pure sophistry.

7. Anno_Domini

It would make more sense if he gained spinnerets where he was bitten; it's just fantasy that he magically was given those spinnerets in his wrist.

Of all his powers, Peter having these spinnerets in his wrists and able to create webbing is far more of a mutation than strength, speed, agility, spider-sense, and it is in that logic that shows that it's not even physically possible for his body to create webbing. A spider may have bitten him but even with little spider DNA, it shouldn't be able to radically change Peter to the point of being able to create webbing. If that's possible, then the chances of Peter fully mutating into a full-grown ass spider is 90%. Have strength, speed, agility and spider-sense doesn't prove to be a requisite into becoming a man spider as it's not a full spider mutation; not even close to being one.

8. Godzilla2014

Yes it would be. Spider DNA wouldn't give him superhuman strength, or a spider-sense. Your argument makes no sense.

9. Anno_Domini

Spider DNA wouldn't give him anything, but strength and spider sense makes more sense as it always did than organic webbing, which is pure nonsense.

10. Godzilla2014

Super strength and spider-sense make far less sense to anyone with a knowledge of biology and/or physics.

11. Anno_Domini

I'm sorry science man :o

12. UltimateWebhead

UltimateWebhead Black's the new Red&Blue

Yes, but what about Chemistry or Pathology or Bio-engineering? :woot:

13. Ultra Nolanite

Ultra Nolanite Well-Known Member

Well, yeah I guess. And this can be used as a plot device but it doesn't necessarily have to be.

And not only can they be disabled in ways the biological webshooters can't but they can also be utilized in ways biological webshooters can't.

All that's required is a bit of creativity.

14. Godzilla2014

Those too.

And the instances of such are rare, the exception, not the rule.

15. UltimateWebhead

Actually it would be possible for someone to have super strength. If you have an accelerated amount of actin/myosin coupled with some DNA enhancements and an increased production of endorphins along with adrenaline...yes, it is possible to achieve super strength. There are many stories of people gaining a heightened source of strength when faced with life or death instances. For example I was watching a documentary in which a man was pinned beneath an extremely heavy rock and was sliding down the face of a mountain about to fall to his death. He was able to lift the heavy rock and heave it over his head and stop the imminent fall. Another example involves my Dad. He is a mechanic and was working on a car that was up on a lift. The lift began to fail and my Dad held the rear of the car up...it was either hold it or be squashed.

If you talk to an entomologist, they will tell you that 'spider sense' is about the spider's ability to sense changes in the environment and give it what would appear to be a quicker response to impending danger. This is mostly a DNA genome code that with enough resources, money, and time could potentially be inserted into a human. Most of this is theory and hasn't actually been done but who's to say it couldn't be done.

But really what we're talking about is a human bit by a spider and gains powers. It's very fictional but like someone smart once said, "never say never."

16. Godzilla2014

But gaining superhuman strength from spider DNA doesn't make any sense.

17. UltimateWebhead

Most certainly not from a spider bite...it is too small to create that kind of a change. If the spider somehow injected a retrovirus into your system in a large quantity there is a definite possibilty for changes to occur.

18. Godzilla2014

But you still wouldn't get superhuman strength like Spider-Man's from that.

19. Anno_Domini

I had just watched Spider-Man Tech on YouTube that was on the History Channel years ago and I mentioned that in the spoilers thread, but...this post is now laughable since the show was all about how those powers could work in a biological and physics level, of which the most "out there" power would actually be organic webbing.

20. UltimateWebhead

I saw that show too. Good stuff. Have you seen the one about Batman? It was pretty cool.

21. Anno_Domini

As soon as I got done with Spider-Man Tech, I watched the Batman special as well...love that Nolan actually put some thought into those that already have some realistic ground to them, and even the memory cloth is being worked on.

Plus...how they mentioned that the Tumbler was such an intelligent vehicle, it added even more awesomeness to Nolan's trilogy.

22. Daisy

Daisy Gone

Oy... what havoc I have wreaked! :wow:

23. MessiahDecoy123

MessiahDecoy123 Psychological Anarchist

Don't play innocent, you knew what these threads always turn into. :oldrazz:

24. Mr. X

Mr. X Well-Known Member

I get that it's part of the spider mytho and it shows Parker's intelligence to make the web shooters....I dunno I just like organic web idea cause he's getting all these abilities of a spider and not the main one? Just never made that much sense to me and when organic webs came into picture, it was easy for me to except.

Yea yea then. Why doesn't the webbing come out from his rear side if he's gonna be a true spider.....my answer to that is that this story of spiderman......IS MAKE BELIEVE! =^p

25. TheSlag

TheSlag Well-Known Member

"But it's such a fine Lovely havoc" :cwink: