Logan Original cast character that you'd like to see

Of course there are other factors, but that is one of them. Its not a coincidence that the two lowest-grossing out of the six X-Men team films in North America didn't feature the OT cast. And even before, Apocalypse got bad reviews, the hype for it was already smaller than the hype for OT-cast led films such as X2/X3/DOFP. The faces that people see in the trailers are important.

But what about the one that did that was called the wolverine? spin off or not is the franchise in really that much of a fragile state?

Last edited:
Having Cyke Storm Jean Kurt ... more than 60 years old isnt interesting.
We need to have them in 2010's, present-day

No one is asking for a 60 years old version of them but you realize that future/present are the same in the film series. The original trilogy was set in the not so distant future too.

No one is asking for a 60 years old version of them but you realize that future/present are the same in the film series. The original trilogy was set in the not so distant future too.

Depends what you think of when you say present day I guess, does 2023 count as present day? Because that's technically where the future portion of DOFP ended, That's not our present but then of course then you have wolverine 3 that who knows when it will be set and how it fits in with the overall timeline.

Last edited:
Having Cyke Storm Jean Kurt ... more than 60 years old isnt interesting.
We need to have them in 2010's, present-day

AT this rate, if we get a new film with them, it would probably be set in the not-so-distant-future so maybe in early 2020s or 2023.:woot:

The best period is 2010's. They should make a movie with OT as soon as possible, or having original characters like Cyclops, Kurt, Storm .. in their 40

Even if they would make another movie in 2019 or 2020, they can tell a story taking place 30 years after Apocalypse or something

Depends what you think of when you say present day I guess, does 2023 count as present day? Because that's technically where the future portion of DOFP ended, That's not our present and of course then you have wolverine 3 that who knows when it will be set and how it fits in with the overall timeline.

Right

Even if they would make another movie in 2019 or 2020, they can tell a story taking place 30 years after Apocalypse or something

If you do the math, you would know it won't be set in the 2010s. Some say, DOFP took place in 2023.

They are teens in 80's so assuming they would make a movie with adult x-men characters less than 50 yo, with OT in 2019/2020, we cant tell a story taking place in 2020.

DOFP's future section was set 50 years while the younger version were set in 1973, so again, do the MATH and you'll get 2023 and thats also probably the same year that Wolverine woke up in the new future because I don't see him waking up in a different year... so why in the world would they set it in 2010s if they bring back the original cast?

And they already a story set in 2020s... thats DOFP for you.

Last edited:
I think the date 2023 is specified in the film. Anywho, they need to keep some original cast for a Marvel crossover. Wolverine, Shadowcat, Beast, Magneto etc. vs. Iron Man, Hulk, Captain American, etc. would be the blockbuster of the year. I think Jackman vs. Downey Jr. is what people have been dying to see.

Code:
I think the date 2023 is specified in the film. Anywho, they need to keep some original cast for a Marvel crossover. Wolverine, Shadowcat, Beast, Magneto etc. vs. Iron Man, Hulk, Captain American, etc. would be the blockbuster of the year. I think Jackman vs. Downey Jr. is what people have been dying to see.

There are so many reasons why that won't happen anyway.

Last edited:
But the money it would make would be a big reason for Marvel to get this going!

Ironman (downey jr.) + Wolverine (jackman) = $$$ MONEY $$$

I'd throw Deadpool in there, but I'm not sure how he'd fit into their team.

Either way, if an X-Men team is too much to cast, they should at least let Jackman in on the next Avengers.

Last edited:
ironically people kept saying the same about spidey in the MCU but Civil War probably didn't make anymore than it would have without him and from what i was told sony got no profit from spideys part in Civil War.

Last edited:
ironically people kept saying the same about spidey in the MCU but Civil War probably didn't make anymore than it would have without him and from what i was told sony got no profit from spideys part in Civil War.

I heard disney gets no profit from solo spider-man film profits.now it is in their intrest to have better received spider-man solo films since disney gets all the profits from spider-man film merchandize.and since civil war was marvel/disney film Sony got nothing from it.and civil war probally made same amount it would have without it.next year will tell us if spider-man:Homecoming benefits from civil war.Homecoming is a marvel produced
Sony film.

a X-Men/Avengers film would require a lot of people reaching a deal.and who
know what avengers will be like after followup to infinity war.

Unfortunately, mutants cant fit with MCU. It would be ridiculous to talk about mutants now whereas they exists since a long time. We have inhumans in MCU not mutants.

If Fox has dealt with Marvel since the beginnning (2008'Iron Man 1) that would be possible. Having some mutants characters in Iron man or Cap movies. Now its too late to include mutantkind. However Marvel can include F4 by dealing with Fox (same way with Sony to get Spidey). I prefer to have F4 in Avengers movieverse.

DOFP's future section was set 50 years while the younger version were set in 1973, so again, do the MATH and you'll get 2023 and thats also probably the same year that Wolverine woke up in the new future because I don't see him waking up in a different year... so why in the world would they set it in 2010s if they bring back the original cast?

And they already a story set in 2020s... thats DOFP for you.

Sorry but if you want a movie with x-characters in their 40's in present day we have to set it in 2010's since that was stated that they are 16 in 1983. They are almost 60 in 2023, its not interesting to me.
(I was referring to Scott Jean Kurt Storm.. Wolverine3 sets after 2023 there is no interest to have their old version. I prefer to see them in a Deadpool movie)

Doesn't matter if you think they are 60 in 2023.... they were probably 50 or early 60s at DOFP's ending and that didn't bother me. If they good look for their age, who cares. And as if they are really gonna mention the ages of all characters. Yeah so no thank you.

And no interest for the older version? Isn't that why DOFP why such a box-office success and Apocalypse isn't?

Last edited:
People are more fans of OT than new young cast. DOFP'storyline is better than Apocalypse. :yay:
Never say no interest for the older version, but older version in their 40, 50 yo, OK. But almost 60 yo NO.

Once more, OT in a movie setting some decades after Apocalypse is ideal, like Deadpool. What necessity to set post-2023 ?

People are more fans of OT than new young cast. DOFP'storyline is better than Apocalypse. :yay:
Never say no interest for the older version, but older version in their 40, 50 yo, OK. But almost 60 yo NO.

Once more, OT in a movie setting some decades after Apocalypse is ideal, like Deadpool. What necessity to set post-2023 ?

for starters original trilogy versions are more popular than first class versions.
and secondly this is probally last chance for any ot actors in X-Men films so
if others don't join jackman and stewart the rest made their final appearance
In DOFP

I'd like to see the original trilogy versions of Storm, Rogue, Beast, Jean, Cyclops, Kitty, Iceman and Colossus, since they were all in the happy ending of DoFP. If Wolverine does bite the dust and there is a funeral scene, I don't see why they all wouldn't be present.

What would be the point in getting them to cameo in a funeral scene? What they all gonna do each give a speech? We gonna get a whole funeral sequence? Or would the original cast happily cameo to stand in a crowd for a funeral scene for the beloved wolverine?

I doubt even if he dies there would even be a funeral tbh, it would probably just be a shot of his grave or something and skip all that stuff.

Last edited:
I'd like to see the original trilogy versions of Storm, Rogue, Beast, Jean, Cyclops, Kitty, Iceman and Colossus, since they were all in the happy ending of DoFP. If Wolverine does bite the dust and there is a funeral scene, I don't see why they all wouldn't be present.

Moreover Jackman, Cudmore (plus Alan Cumming) wont return to reprise their role in future films.
But to be optimistic, see Michael Bay who has said he never return for T4, then for T5, finally he always return

For the moment we only see Colossus as x-man in present day. Im hoping Wolverine or Cyclops can make an appearance in a Deadpool movie. It would be great

for starters original trilogy versions are more popular than first class versions.
and secondly this is probally last chance for any ot actors in X-Men films so
if others don't join jackman and stewart the rest made their final appearance
In DOFP

If they are more popular. I don't see why Jackman not returning should stop the rest from coming back. Anyway they already lost momentum when they went back to the younger version. So why not? Anyway, its not just the actors for me. There's more X-Men in the present and I want them older and in the present period.

What would be the point in getting them to cameo in a funeral scene? What they all gonna do each give a speech? We gonna get a whole funeral sequence? Or would the original cast happily cameo to stand in a crowd for a funeral scene for the beloved wolverine?

I doubt even if he dies there would even be a funeral tbh, it would probably just be a shot of his grave or something and skip all that stuff.

Well, it obviously depends if he dies, and how and where he dies. And it also depends on the budget and whether they will get all those actors back for cameos (they won't!).

But we can expect a couple of cameos, surely?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"