Malignant | James Wan

Blitzkrieg

Avenger
Reaction score
James Wan Set to Direct Original Horror Movie

Aquaman filmmaker James Wan is heading back to his indie horror roots for his next project. Before he moves to Aquaman 2, which he is producing and is expected to direct, Wan will helm an untitled original thriller that is due to begin production this fall.

Plot details are being kept secret, but the film is expected to be a slice of horror Wan hasn't yet explored.

Cannes will love it.

I was really hoping he'd squeeze in directing Salem's Lot before Aquaman 2, but I won't argue with an original project.

James Wan’s New Horror Film Casts ‘Loudest Voice’ Star Annabelle Wallis (EXCLUSIVE)

Annabelle Wallis, who most recently appeared in Showtime’s Roger Ailes miniseries “The Loudest Voice,” has been tapped to star in James Wan’s top secret horror project, sources tell Variety.

Wan is tackling the movie this fall before he jumps into prep on the “Aquaman” sequel with Jason Momoa at the top of 2020. Plot details are currently being kept under wraps. Wan came up with the story with Ingrid Bisu, and he will produce through the Atomic Monster banner with Michael Clear. Details regarding who will pen the script are still being worked out.

Conjuring” spin-off “Annabelle.” That film became a huge success, grossing over $257 million worldwide from a $6.5 million budget.

Her other credits include include Universal’s “The Mummy” opposite Tom Cruise, Warner Bros.’ comedy “Tag” with Jeremy Renner, “King Arthur: Legend of the Sword,” “X-Men: First Class” and the British drama “Peaky Binders.”

Hmmm... could refer to something else entirely, but that timing is giving me pause.

^That was my first thought, though this being at New Line rather than Fox does give me pause.

qQoWtfR.jpg

I’m sorry, but has Annabelle Wallis ever been good in… anything? She’s like pretty wallpaper in every movie I see her in.

Annabelle Wallis has never impressed me much as an actress either, but damn does this look promising and I'm always down for some original horror.

This looks really creative, but I just wish they got a stronger actress for the lead role.

Annabelle Wallis has never impressed me much as an actress either, but damn does this look promising and I'm always down for some original horror.

This looks really creative, but I just wish they got a stronger actress for the lead role.

Yeah, to me, she’ll always be Henry’s most boring wife on The Tudors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"