Endgame Oscar nods for Endgame?

writer0327

Sidekick
Reaction score
If BP can, why not Endgame?

I know its early, but which major categories do you think Endgame could possibly get nominated for? I think it will snag most of the smaller technical nominations like sound design, but what about the majors?

I'm going with
Endgame: Best Picture
Russo Bros: Best Director
Robert Downey Jr: Best Actor
Scarlett Johansson: Best supporting actress
Cinematography
Editing
Production Design

Best Picture and Best Visual Effects. I think those are the only categories I can logically see it being nominated for - but who knows? Honestly, I would love to see RDJ get an Oscar for this role that has shaped his life and career so much: but I feel like that’s just me.

Visual, make up, effects, costumes kind of things. I doubt they get picture, any actors, or director they should acknowledge what Feige has done though.

I don’t see any nominations besides visual effects and maybe some similar technical categories. It’s really hard for actors to get nominated for CBMs.

Visual Effects and Score. Everything else I don't think will be worthy enough in the eyes of the Academy.

In a perfect world, the big 4 for Russos, Johansson and RDJ. Realistically, none other than maybe Best Visual Effects. I'd love to be proven wrong come January.

Perhaps a nom for visual but unlikely to win thanks to stiff competitions not only Stat War but especially Lion King if the trailer is any indication.

You just know AMPAS won't miss the opportunity to have all 6 of them there so even if there are not major nominations I'm sure all the actors will be on stage

I don't see it nominated for the big awards, BUT maybe I'm wrong and Endgame gets recognition on behalf of all the MCU (kinda like how Return of the King for LotR)

Visual effects and costumes is about it, its hard to say best actor or actress because they have played these roles for ten years and you have to separate emotion and nostalgia from real acting. Downey was amazing but it served this particular movie and nothing else.

If Johnny Depp can get acknowledged for playing Jack Sparrow, RDJ should for playing Tony as well.

I think it is absolute BS no Avengers film has won visual effects yet. Infinity War should've ran away with it last year but voters felt bad about having to give First Man's sound Oscars to someone else. I hope Endgame can finally get that Oscar.

Shouldn't Nebula alone also give them a chance for make up nom? It is make up, yes?

And I think this year that category is expanding to 5 instead of 3 slots

Shouldn't Nebula alone also give them a chance for make up nom? It is make up, yes?

And I think this year that category is expanding to 5 instead of 3 slots
I would hope so, it's kind of ridiculous they never got a makeup nod any of the times they had Vision in a film.

If Johnny Depp can get acknowledged for playing Jack Sparrow, RDJ should for playing Tony as well.

I think it is absolute BS no Avengers film has won visual effects yet. Infinity War should've ran away with it last year but voters felt bad about having to give First Man's sound Oscars to someone else. I hope Endgame can finally get that Oscar.

The difference is that was depps first movie as sparrow and it turned into a joke with each movie. At this point downey would get some type of life time achievement award

The difference is that was depps first movie as sparrow and it turned into a joke with each movie. At this point downey would get some type of life time achievement award
That nom still baffles me to this day to be honest. :funny:

The acting in this movie is on another level accross the board.

Two movies that shattered major box office records (Avatar and Titanic) ended up getting a best picture nod. Neither were masterpieces of storytelling either, but landmark films in different ways. I think thr Academy will recognize Endgame for being the culmination of one of the greatest journeys in the history of film. 22 films and $3B is a major achievement.

RDJ should have won the Oscar for Tropic Thunder, but we know...

Johansson will not compaign for that movie since she is a Favorite for Jojo Rabbit in that category. I love the Oscars, but except you are gay, black or a modern it is really hard to sell this. I only can see Visuals here. Russos for directors is impossible.

Im going:
Picture
Actor: Downey
Visual Effects
Original Score
Production Design
and i would throw in Sound Editing/Mixing in there too
I would love it if somehow Scarlett got in there but that's a pipe dream.

Im going:
Picture
Actor: Downey
Visual Effects
Original Score
Production Design
and i would throw in Sound Editing/Mixing in there too
I would love it if somehow Scarlett got in there but that's a pipe dream.

You never know. They might try to enter Brie Larson for their consideration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"