Overrated Films: Your Opinion

Yeah, I guess. I just didn't think it was that good of a movie. I mean, it's not that it was bad exactly, I just found it extremely mediocre. I see all this praise for it on the internet constantly and I'm just like, "Really? That's all it takes to impress you? Some average special effects and action, with Karl Urban doing a Clint Eastwood impression in a stupid looking helmet?"
:woot:

It did seem a little bigger than necessary.
I see where you are coming from. It was pretty middle of the road.
I think it just was a hit with people that love dark gritty movies.
Seriously I felt like I wanted a shower after seeing it.
I liked well enough. I've seen it twice. I doubt I will ever buy it, but it goes into the "not a waste of time bin"

uuugh yes.
Dances with smurfs was, I mean Ferngully, Pocahontas.... was pretty overrated.

Haha, that should be a new thread... Movies that Made You Feel Like You Needed a Shower After Seeing Them.

A few that I'd put on that list: I Saw the Devil, Hunger (I still haven't gotten all the way through it because it's so gross) and Human Centipede 2.

The Avengers
The Theory of Everything
American Sniper
Foxcatcher
The Boxtrolls
The Lion King

A thread exists for comic book movies, so I won't bring any of them here.

Star Wars original trilogy:
Nothing about this story grabs my attention and keeps it in touch.
The characters are bland and forgettable, minus Yoda coming out as annoying at first.
The story is a nice adventure, and some of the ideas are nice, but 'eh'.

The Matrix:
Look above.

It was sooo lonely.

Give me a hug, brotha.

You guys saying The Theory of Everything have no souls. :(

;)

The Lion King
I still love that movie, and I love that the Prince of Persia movie had bits from the plot of The Lion King instead of taking more inspirations from the games plot.

Speaking of overrated Disney movies:
FROZEN

Please don't get mad at me for that.
:halo:

Haha, that should be a new thread... Movies that Made You Feel Like You Needed a Shower After Seeing Them.

A few that I'd put on that list: I Saw the Devil, Hunger (I still haven't gotten all the way through it because it's so gross) and Human Centipede 2.

thumbs-up.jpg

The Avengers (2012)
Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983)

Guardians of the Galaxy. Easily the most boring Marvel Studios movie. Maybe it's my Blade Runner, so I need to watch it again to "get it", I don't know.

The Lego Movie too.

I don't know if I've said it before, but Apocraplypse Now is a piece of (inaudible). Wish I didn't waste time watching it.

-There Will Be Blood. One of the most boring and unentertaining movies I have ever seen.

-The Avengers. Good Movie, yes, I did enjoy it. But I don't think it deserves as nearly as much praise as it gets.

-The Wolf of Wall street. decent movie, but I don't see the praise it gets and its not one of Leo's best work that a lot of people seem to believe.

-2001 A Space Odyssey. BBBOOOORRRIIINNGGGGG is all I have to say. Blast away if you please. but still. I'd rather have dental work done that watch this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"