Pacific Rim - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
PACIFIC RIM: Blueprints For Five Jaegers Now In Hi-Res

Previously-seen blueprints for the five giant robots: America's Gipsy Danger, Russia's Cherno Alpha, Japan's Coyote Tango, China's Crimson Typhoon, and Australia's Striker Eureka are now available in glorious high-resolution.

PPDC_Blueprint_JaegerGipsyDanger.jpg

PPDC_Blueprint_JaegerChernoAlpha.jpg

PPDC_Blueprint_JaegerCoyoteTango.jpg

PPDC_Blueprint_JaegerCrimsonTyphoon.jpg

PPDC_Blueprint_JaegerStrikerEureka.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome find! But could you please put them in spoilertags? It's taking forever to load the page :)

And what was your thoughts on the script, Solidus? Was the extensive rewrite needed, or was it fine the way it was? Did it need some polishing, etc?

Maybe some polishing on the character that I assume (Charlie from It's Always Sunny) and Flick's character (if they still call her that). But not significant. "Cliche" to me is cliche now, everything is that. I thought that it was a very interesting story, and I loved it from beginning to end. I Love the drifts and how they are described (dreams by the drivers) imagining what GDT will do with it will be outstanding.

To me I just felt some minor tweaks but nothing major.

Maybe some polishing on the character that I assume (Charlie from It's Always Sunny) and Flick's character (if they still call her that). But not significant. "Cliche" to me is cliche now, everything is that. I thought that it was a very interesting story, and I loved it from beginning to end. I Love the drifts and how they are described (dreams by the drivers) imagining what GDT will do with it will be outstanding.

To me I just felt some minor tweaks but nothing major.

I'd imagine that's probably all of what GDT did. He probably just fleshed out certain characters more, removed characters that weren't necessary to the story, expanded the scope of the world they live in, expanded on the technical aspect of the mechs and the tech and how everything works, etc.

Knowing Del Toro, he loves to add these little details to everything to really make it seem like it there is some history behind it and make it feel like it could actually happen. It's one of the reasons why I love his films. And the fact that he's attached to something like this just makes me giddy with excitement! :woot:

GDT isn't perfect. I think he made the Hellboy movies far too goofy than they needed to be. The Myers characters was terrible.

GDT isn't perfect. I think he made the Hellboy movies far too goofy than they needed to be. The Myers characters was terrible.

I thought the humor in the first one was a little more grounded, sarcastic and tongue-in-cheek. For the most part, the movie's tone was more in line with the tone of the comic series. It was more of a Lovecraftian type story, so it was supposed to be.

As much as I love the second one, I will admit the humor was a little more on the "Looney Tunes" side of things. But, I'm just a sucker for fantasy, so that's probably why I like it so much. And the Golden Army. Yeah.

I definitely agree with you on Myers, though. His character was pretty inconsequential in the grand scheme of the film, and had he been removed, the film wouldn't have been affected at all. Also, the end fight was kind of anti-climatic. Those things didn't bring the film down for me too much, though.

I'm not saying Del Toro is perfect. I'm just saying that I love his style of filming and his knack for "world building".

I've always said GDT as a person is incredibly funny but yet his movies haven't captured his sense of humor. Hellboy should've been a bit more macabre and dry witted and clever in the most absurd way, but the films went for broad laughs instead. And I know GDT is better than that.

Myers basically was just an audience standin the same as Ariadne from Inception.

I thought the first Hellboy film struck a better balance than the second of the goofiness and more of Mignola's vibe. As Mignola describes, HB2 is all GDT.

My 7000th post!

Last edited:
the Legendary Facebook page posted a link to Pan Pacific Defense Corp and said 7 days. I think we might be getting a teaser trailer in 7 days.

the Legendary Facebook page posted a link to Pan Pacific Defense Corp and said 7 days. I think we might be getting a teaser trailer in 7 days.
Yup, its confirmed to be infron t of the hobbit. As well as a trailer for Star trek and MoS... damn The Hobbit has the be really good so these three trailers doesnt outshine it haha

I thought the first Hellboy film struck a better balance than the second of the goofiness and more of Mignola's vibe.
Me too. I think Hellboy 2 was a little too slapstick for my taste. I liked the tone of the first movie better.

i loved both hellboy films. the first one was darker sure. but i thought the themes about big red wanting to be famous and recognised were brilliant in 2. the scene with the forest god thingy still gets me.

really looking forward to this.

Maybe its just me but im getting upset with Legendary because they seem to be pushing aside a potential Godzilla franchise.

I mean how does this unknown movie already get a guaranteed sequel, possible merchandise etc yet they arent saying much on Godzilla or if they plan on doing a franchise?

Same thing with Man of Steel too. PR is already getting viral marketing yet we are hardly getting anything on MOS.

So why is Legendary throwing everything at the PR movie yet putting Godzilla and MOS on the back burner?

It's because they want to keep Del Toro in their party so they're gonna make him happy.

PACIFIC RIM: Blueprints For Five Jaegers Now In Hi-Res

Previously-seen blueprints for the five giant robots: America's Gipsy Danger, Russia's Cherno Alpha, Japan's Coyote Tango, China's Crimson Typhoon, and Australia's Striker Eureka are now available in glorious high-resolution.

PPDC_Blueprint_JaegerGipsyDanger.jpg

PPDC_Blueprint_JaegerChernoAlpha.jpg

PPDC_Blueprint_JaegerCoyoteTango.jpg

PPDC_Blueprint_JaegerCrimsonTyphoon.jpg

PPDC_Blueprint_JaegerStrikerEureka.jpg

Out of all the Jaegers shown thus far. Coyote Tango, Striker Eureka, and Gypsy Danger have the best designs. Don't really care for the Russian and Chinese Jaegers.

I like the Russian one because it's super weird, and it looks like they're more akin to the 'steampunk' aesthetic, judging from that one suit shown at 'Comic-Con'

So that means they are going to piss on these other potential big franchises just for him?

I think you're overthinking it and not seeing the entire situation within context.. You have to consider that Del Toro is done with filming it and probably has shown WB/Legendary a rough cut. They probably loved it and commissioned a script to the sequel. Better start now when the fire is hot so that it doesn't get rushed.

Godzilla hasn't been filmed yet. By the time it's done with its shoot and edited with its rough cut, WB will probably ask for a script to the sequel if they like it. So it could happen to Godzlla as well.

And you gotta consider this: No offense to the director of 'Godzilla' is a new talent without the name reconization of GDT. If WB keep GDT in their stable, he provide other projects for them not related to Pac Rim. And we know how imaginative he is.

I think you're overthinking it and not seeing the entire situation within context.. You have to consider that Del Toro is done with filming it and probably has shown WB/Legendary a rough cut. They probably loved it and commissioned a script to the sequel. Better start now when the fire is hot so that it doesn't get rushed.

Godzilla hasn't been filmed yet. By the time it's done with its shoot and edited with its rough cut, WB will probably ask for a script to the sequel if they like it. So it could happen to Godzlla as well.

And you gotta consider this: No offense to the director of 'Godzilla' is a new talent without the name reconization of GDT. If WB keep GDT in their stable, he provide other projects for them not related to Pac Rim. And we know how imaginative he is.

That helps....

As a lifelong G-fan its so exciting to see my childhood back on the big screen BUT its worrisome when it seems like a new potential Godzilla franchise is going to possibly get pushed aside for something else you know?

Of course I want Godzilla to be a great success and it looks like Legendary/WB is putting down the effort to please fans. I wouldn't worry about it because they're a good team. And the director they got is very talented. The only issue is the directionless future of WB's comic book films besides Batman. That's where they're lost at.

Of course I want Godzilla to be a great success and it looks like Legendary/WB is putting down the effort to please fans. I wouldn't worry about it because they're a good team. And the director they got is very talented. The only issue is the directionless future of WB's comic book films besides Batman. That's where they're lost at.

So you are saying you think Godzilla has got a good future with Legendary/WB but its DC that could have problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"