Paleography Assistance Required

jolldan

Sidekick
Reaction score
Hey everyone seeing as you were all really helpful with advice for my NYC trip I thought I would take a stab in the dark and see if anyone can potentially help me with this.

2tl0r8.jpg

Currently in the middle of putting together a family tree and so far I have managed to trace one of my Grandmother's side's back to over 200 year ago but I have to be honest I have hit a brick wall here.

(I know it is a marriage certificate between David Badenoch & Margaret Adam)

But for me that second line is pretty undecipherable, thought I would take a stab in the dark and see if this is a hidden talent of any of yours as I believe that the second line is supposed to have the full name of the wife's father. So it could help me continue to work my way back.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Hi,

It looks to me like "... Parish cohabited & were married".

So the whole thing would say "David Badenoch & Margaret Adam both of this Parish cohabited & were married".

Edit: The second word could be 'contracted', instead of 'cohabited'.

Last edited:
Hi,

So the whole thing would say "David Badenoch & Margaret Adam both of this Parish cohabited & were married".

Good eye. I think you are right.

Thanks. If not 'cohabited', maybe 'contracted'?

Hi,

Edit: The second word could be 'contracted', instead of 'cohabited'.

Thanks very much, damn it lol I was hoping that parish was a paul or something.

jolldan hands the ancient document over to Pink Ranger with a pair of whalebone tweezers. Pink Ranger, played by Henry Golding, inhales deeply.

Pink Ranger: Hand soap ... Raw ambergris base ... Tennessee lavender ... mountain sage ... trace of something else ...

Pink Ranger passes the note to Milk Tray Guy and KRYPTON INC., played by Benedict Cumberbatch and George Lopez, respectively.

Milk Tray Guy: Fleece.

KRYPTON INC.: Fleece.

Pink Ranger: It's fleece, isn't it. Lovely.

jolldan: What's ambergris?

Pink Ranger: Ambergris is a whale product. Alas, much as we'd like to, we can't import it. Endangered Species Act.

jolldan: Where isn't it illegal?

Milk Tray Guy: Japan, of course. Couple of places in Europe. You'd almost certainly find it somewhere in Paris. Rome. Amsterdam.

KRYPTON INC.: Maybe London.

Milk Tray Guy: But not at Harrod's. Small, exclusive shops.This bouquet was hand-engineered to someone's specifications.

jolldan: Is there any way of knowing which shops?

Pink Ranger: Of course. We'll give you a list. It will be short.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"