Pan's Labyrinth

Cyrusbales said:
Def sergi Lopez, Ivana was ok, nothing too special tbh, she is amazing for a child actor, but not of the calliber of sergi
Yea, Sergi was incredible. It's a shame that he's not going to get any recognition... He wasn't in the Globes and won't get an Oscar nom, when he deserves it probably above all the big name Hollywood flukes that will be getting noms...!!

Cyrusbales said:
Def sergi Lopez, Ivana was ok, nothing too special tbh, she is amazing for a child actor, but not of the calliber of sergi

Yeah, I hear Sergi is amazing in this movie!

When did this movie come out? (In the U.S.)

Thank God I didn't miss it.
I can't wait for it and it'll probably be the first movie that I'll go see in 2007.

Well, only 35 venues are picking it up, which means all the major cinema chains are probably going to show it. Hopefully you have a chain close to where you live. :D

PyroProductions said:
Well, only 35 venues are picking it up, which means all the major cinema chains are probably going to show it. Hopefully you have a chain close to where you live. :D

Of course I do. :up:
I live in the biggest tourist spot on the east coast.

Warhammer said:
Of course I do. :up:
I live in the biggest tourist spot on the east coast.

Word! The biggest we have here is Rave Motion Pictures...hopefully they pick it up.

Ditto, I cannot wait to see this! I hope by years end I have seen this and Children of Men, though they are hard to find around my American neck of the woods.

If you can't can't see it now, isn't Jan. 12 the wide release? None of my theaters are showing it, which I'm surprised. There is a huge theater here and they didn't get it. Oh well, have to wait.

War Party said:
If you can't can't see it now, isn't Jan. 12 the wide release? None of my theaters are showing it, which I'm surprised. There is a huge theater here and they didn't get it. Oh well, have to wait.

There are theaters playing it tomorrow, just not the ones around the corner I usually go to, so this is me throwing a hissy fit. I guess I will just have to drive a bit, but then again, I should be used to that living in LA.

this is now the third best film i've seen this calender year, the best being match point, and the second best(altho only just) is Renaissance, which is prob one of (if not the) best sci fi, tis awesome!

But pan's labyrinth is an awesome film!

Cyrusbales said:
this is now the third best film i've seen this calender year, the best being match point, and the second best(altho only just) is Renaissance, which is prob one of (if not the) best sci fi, tis awesome!

But pan's labyrinth is an awesome film!

So what comes in number 1?

PyroProductions said:
So what comes in number 1?

this calnder year in england, Match Point, every single element is geared perfectly around the narrative and message. Gorgeous stuff!

Cyrusbales said:
this calnder year in england, Match Point, every single element is geared perfectly around the narrative and message. Gorgeous stuff!

I've never even heard of that. I'll have to check into it.

This sounds excellent, the kind of movie I would actually get up and go to the theatre for. If this doesn't come out in the US, screw it - I'm driving to Mexico

Honey Vibe said:
This sounds excellent, the kind of movie I would actually get up and go to the theatre for. If this doesn't come out in the US, screw it - I'm driving to Mexico

It's already out in several cities, and it's getting a larger release sometime in mid January.

Chicago
AMC River East 21
322 East Illinois Street
Chicago, IL, 60611
12:00, 2:45, 5:20, 8:15, 11:00

Landmark Century Centre Cinema
2828 North Clark St.
Chicago, IL 60657
11:10, 1:40, 4:25, 7:30, 10:15

Century 12 Evanston/CineArts 6
1715 Maple Ave
Evanston, IL 60201
11:15, 2:00, 4:45, 7:35, 10:20

Los Angeles
ArcLight Hollywood
6360 W Sunset Blvd
Hollywood, CA, 90028
12:05, 2:35, 5:25, 7:55, 10:25

San Francisco
Sundance Kabuki Cinema
1881 Post St
San Francisco, CA, 94115
4:15, 7:15, 10:00

Century San Francisco Centre 9
845 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
11:00, 2:00, 5:05, 7:55, 10:45

New York
AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13
1998 Broadway
New York, NY 10023
10:35, 1:35, 5:20, 8:20, 11:20

AMC Loews 19th Street East 6
890 Broadway
New York, NY 10003
11:00, 1:50, 4:45, 7:45, 10:30

AMC Empire 25
234 W. 42nd St.
New York, NY 10036
11:30, 1:00, 2:30, 4:00, 5:30, 7:00, 8:30, 10:00, 11:30, 12:45

Landmark Sunshine Cinema
143 E. Houston St.
New York, NY 10002
11:45, 2:00, 4:50, 7:30, 9:55, 12:15

Damn, this movie didn't have wide release in my country, so I weren't able to see it :(

My only hope now is buying it on DVD.

I really hope that a theater 30 miles from me gets it. :( :up:

I saw it last night and was highly impressed with it. The special effects were good and I really like Pan and The Pale Man. It was a brutal movie; more like a war drama with some fantasy thrown into it, but the cinematography was beautiful.

^Nice. :yay: :up:

It won't be here until Jan 12 at my local AFI theater. :csad: :yay:

Man, that sucks. I probably won't be able to this movie now...because I don't have a chain theater near me, unless you count Star Cinemas, which isn't even much of a chain here anyways.

Oh well, that's why there is DVD...and I know the movie has to be good, so it'll be worth the wait.

CAH

That's far from a complete list.
You don't have a theater that shows indie flicks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"