Paramount Pictures developing Sonic the Hedgehog movie

EOWdiICW4AIQ2vx
EOWdjn-XkAQARA0
EOWdgbUX0AcscOl
EOWdfkIX0AErBhS

How many days are we counting now until the release of this movie?

Reactions: CJ
im counting down the days!! I don't think it will be big blockbuster movie!! cause mostly all the video game movies don't do that good!! expect for the tomb raider movies!! But i think it will be an fun family movie!!

Getting exciting now! Tickets for the Sonic Movie are already available on certain websites like Cinemark and Fandango

Sonic the Hedgehog Movie Tickets & Showtimes | Cinemark

Some theaters are having early screenings on February 8th.

Sonic the Hedgehog | Advance Movie Screenings

The movie will have its red carpet premiere in Los Angeles on January 25th. Stars like Jim Carrey and the rest of the cast are bound to show up.

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG PREMIERE, LA — Average Socialite

(Some of the info on that last page is outdated though and refers to the original November release)

Last edited:
I am so freaking hyped right now. Jim Carrey was my favorite actor growing up. Having him play my favorite villain in Sonic's big screen debut is insane!

I am so freaking hyped right now. Jim Carrey was my favorite actor growing up. Having him play my favorite villain in Sonic's big screen debut is insane!
Dude I'm hyped for you! My son has just gotten into Sonic the Hedgehog (games cartoons, toys, comics, whatever!) over the past year, and he's been pumped since they revised the CG to make it actually...you know...look like Sonic.
I'm hopeful that it will be good. My son and I will go see it, regardless.

Another TV Spot.

Dude I'm hyped for you! My son has just gotten into Sonic the Hedgehog (games cartoons, toys, comics, whatever!) over the past year, and he's been pumped since they revised the CG to make it actually...you know...look like Sonic.
I'm hopeful that it will be good. My son and I will go see it, regardless.

Thanks man! Hope you and your son enjoy the show!

Had a little go on Sonic 2 last night and I just feel like they really missed a trick by not doing this in Sonic's "world". Chemical Plant zone is an absolute classic. The music is so great as well. There was just so much quality material they could have taken from the games.

Anyway, I doubt I'll be seeing this as it seems very much aimed at kids, but will be interested in reading the thoughts of people here.

Had a little go on Sonic 2 last night and I just feel like they really missed a trick by not doing this in Sonic's "world". Chemical Plant zone is an absolute classic. The music is so great as well. There was just so much quality material they could have taken from the games.

Anyway, I doubt I'll be seeing this as it seems very much aimed at kids, but will be interested in reading the thoughts of people here.

Yeah, Chemical Plant is one of my top 3 favorite Zones. It's a shame that we aren't getting more stuff from the games in this, but the action scenes look pretty cool and there will be quite a bit of references to the Genesis games if the Reddit test screeners are legit. If we get a sequel, odds are it will take place entirely on Sonic's planet.

Yeah, Chemical Plant is one of my top 3 favorite Zones. It's a shame that we aren't getting more stuff from the games in this, but the action scenes look pretty cool and there will be quite a bit of references to the Genesis games if the Reddit test screeners are legit. If we get a sequel, odds are it will take place entirely on Sonic's planet.
If that happens, I will 100% be there for the sequel.

I have the animated series boxset (the good one with the freedom fighters) and I really wish they'd gone down that route. Yeah it was a kids cartoon, but damn it had some dark themes (Uncle Chuck getting turned into a robot haunted me lol)

Also I was listening to the music from the Sonic games yesterday as I was working at my desk (not sorry) and there are some absolute bangers. Forgot how good the music is (Flying Battery Pt 2 might be my favourite)

Hey all. I decided I'm taking a hiatus from this thread and anything related to this movie until the 14th. I've been spoiled quite enough as it is. We've only got about 24 days left (23 if you count preview screenings) so I want to go into the movie fresh.

Later!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"