Paramount Pictures developing Sonic the Hedgehog movie

Hey all. I decided I'm taking a hiatus from this thread and anything related to this movie until the 14th. I've been spoiled quite enough as it is. We've only got about 24 days left (23 if you count preview screenings) so I want to go into the movie fresh.

Later!
Hope you enjoy it! :-)

Reactions: CJ
Hey all. I decided I'm taking a hiatus from this thread and anything related to this movie until the 14th. I've been spoiled quite enough as it is. We've only got about 24 days left (23 if you count preview screenings) so I want to go into the movie fresh.

Later!
So long, my friend.

Reactions: CJ
I like the song, reminds me of the end credit song from TMNT 2014

They'll make back their budget easily. This movie feels like sleeper hit

Oh, I would disagree with that. I don't see the people who griped about the original design for Sonic suddenly turning around and buying tickets for the movie now. Nor does this movie have the marketability that we saw with Detective Pikachu, not that they're 1:1 the same thing. It may end up being some sort of minor crowd pleaser, but a sleeper hit? Or even a hit at all? I don't see it. If I end up being wrong, I'm wrong, but I don't see it now.

I didn’t think so either, but if that tracking turns out right, they may get out of this fine.

Everytime I've seen the trailer in front of a movie the kids usually are pretty into it.
Yep.
My son was originally into it, and my daughter didn't care (she's 11...getting to the age where excitement is harder to achieve). Now, she's looking forward to going and wondering why there is so little merchandise for it. So, looks like they'll get 4 tickets sold for my family. I think we'll see a lot of that. Is there anything kid-friendly coming out around the same time? If not, then Sonic has a clear path to being a hit. There's always a market for a kids movie, and if it doesn't suck to hard, or if it DOES suck, but the kids like it, then it'll make money and get an inevitable sequel...which may suck harder (see TMNT Out Of The Shadows or whatever that travesty was called).

Either way, they are going to get a decent amount of bank out of this...and they could potentially beat Pikachu's domestic total, which is only 144 million...It would have to be one heck of a solid run, though.

Sorry, I'm an optimist...and since there aren't any Dennis Hopper Bowsers and plumbers with super stilts on...this is boding better than the worst of the video game films.

I know Birds of Prey is out weekend before and even though it's R it's kinda marketed in a way that they know kids are gonna want to see it.

As much as people may have hated the previous design, it worked much better in its environment, had a much more photoreal texture to it and obviously wasn't as rushed. They should've found a middle ground between their previous design and this one, but were probably afraid that fans still wouldn't be happy so they decided to 100% pander to them after the shirtstorm they have found themselves in.

And yeah, people online need to stop feeling so entitled and constantly dragging pros through the mud. There's no need for being such ash flashs on social media.

Last edited:
I agree the previous one worked better melding with real world people. But it is what it is.

I personally am looking forward to this less since they decided to retool the main character, as the suspension of disbelief suffers a lot from the new, rushed design IMO.

The new design is better, it's just the CG and textures on it don't look good. Obviously the team didn't have much time. I'd still take it over what we were going to get though.

I like new Sonic better. I'm not too picky about CG, but that last Sonic was jarringly off. It was just...off. If this were meant to be a Gremlins style horror/kids flick, then it would have been fine. But for a recognizable icon like Sonic, it just didn't work. First and foremost, he needs to OBVIOUSLY be Sonic. This version is, flaws and all, and I'm cool with that.

As much as people may have hated the previous design, it worked much better in its environment, had a much more photoreal texture to it and obviously wasn't as rushed. They should've found a middle ground between their previous design and this one, but were probably afraid that fans still wouldn't be happy so they decided to 100% pander to them after the ****storm they have found themselves in.

And yeah, people online need to stop feeling so entitled and constantly dragging pros through the mud. There's no need for being such *******s on social media.
I agree the previous one worked better melding with real world people. But it is what it is.
Totally agree with the both of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"