Paramount Pictures developing Sonic the Hedgehog movie

I was pleasantly surprised by this movie! i really enjoyed it as it had likable characters, a nice comeback for Jim Carrey and Sonic had great CGI to him as he was a terrific character in this one.

And i enjoyed the games since i was 10 when i played them at the mall and got the comics since 10 and was 11 when i got my Genesis for my birthday even watched/taped the ABC animated show SatAM.

I can't wait for the sequel to see Knuckles and Tails

The lizard really intrigues me.
Yeah, I heard that he was supposed to be the one who drives Sonic off his planet at the beginning of the film, but was changed to Echidnas once Tyson Hesse was brought on board.

Really curious how the original film was supposed to open.

Glad they put echidnas in tbh. Makes more sense and will add to sonic and knuckles rivalry

I’m still kind of laughing at the fact the very last movie I saw in theaters prior to theaters shutting down in my area is Sonic The freakin’ Hedgehog. Who would’ve thought, huh? :funny:

Last edited:
You know if the coronavirus stuff keeps going it’s only going to lend weight to my theory robotnik will be the cinematic villain of the year

Despite Corona, Sonic's only 4 mil away from $150 mil domestic. That's pretty good all things factored in.

All things considered $300 million world wide in a month with its China and Japan releases on hold and a viral pandemic basically reducing its domestic take to a trickle. Not too shabby.

Announcing a Sonic sequel is just a formality at this point considering how well it did despite not being able to release in China or Japan, the sequel is most definitely going to happen, might just be a bit later than it would've under normal circumstances. Paramount has bigger concerns right now, such as figuring out what the bad place they're going to do about any film of theirs that was set to be in production or get released during the next year.

If we get a sequel, I think it would be cool if they exaggerate Knuckles strength to Incredible Hulk levels. I wanna see him jump on a street and leave a crater in the pavement, pick up a car with his bare hands and toss it like a football at Sonic, or get hit by a train and stop it dead in its tracks (ala Hancock)

They exaggerated Sonic's speed in this film (stopping time and making multiple copies of himself to play ping-pong) so why not Knuckles strength?

id rather them take this extra time to hammer out the plot and franchise future.

Also IF we ever get Sonic vs Perfect Chaos....Miami should be the stand in for Station Square. I just wanna see Super Sonic speed through the Miami canals like a boss.

I wonder if they could rig a camera to a jet ski and have them zip down the canals to capture a first person pov....

If we get a sequel, I think it would be cool if they exaggerate Knuckles strength to Incredible Hulk levels. I wanna see him jump on a street and leave a crater in the pavement, pick up a car with his bare hands and toss it like a football at Sonic, or get hit by a train and stop it dead in its tracks (ala Hancock)

They exaggerated Sonic's speed in this film (stopping time and making multiple copies of himself to play ping-pong) so why not Knuckles strength?
Would love that.

Reactions: CJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"