Paramount Pictures developing Sonic the Hedgehog movie

Beautiful stuff. ;P

I used to sing along with the closing credits...

[YT]WdbbG4rD0UQ[/YT]

It actually got me thinking about the soundtrack for this. For whatever reason, it seems fans really hate the songs used in the latest games. I never gave them much thought except for the opening of Sonic Adventures.

It actually got me thinking about the soundtrack for this. For whatever reason, it seems fans really hate the songs used in the latest games. I never gave them much thought except for the opening of Sonic Adventures.
I don't get the hate. I think the Sonic series has some of the best music in all of gaming.

The Genesis games had some great instrumental tunes, (LOVE Hydrocity, Act 2) then when the Dreamcast came, actual bands started preforming some really cool vocal songs for the games. (Knight of the Wind by Crush40, His World by Zebrahead, Endless Possibility by the guy from Bowling for Soup)

Yeah, the vocals for some of the songs are stupid, but they're still good to listen to.

Why isn't this news being posted on other sites?

I saw it on Electronic Gaming Monthly's website. From what I hear, The Tracking Board is a reputable Hollywood Insider site, like Variety, so I took that as confirmation.

This better be 100% animated.

If it's live action with ****** CG Sonic characters, I'll riot.

It'll be like a live-action Sonic X!

I honestly don't get why Columbia just doesn't give it to their animation dept. and make it all CG.

I honestly don't get why Columbia just doesn't give it to their animation dept. and make it all CG.

Maybe they're trying to sell it to the Transformers crowd. The Sonic franchise is full of robots.

I thought it's just a Rumor. Is this real?

So far, it's looking that way. Sony did buy the domains for SonictheHedgehog-movie.com, which indicates they're up to something.

As for Jeffrey Jones, Interesting choice, but I dunno, if this is a big-budget film, they need a really big star as Robotnik, and has Jeffrey starred in anything noteworthy in the past 10 years?

A CHRISTOPHER NOLAN FILM

RYAN GOSLING CASEY AFFLECK MATT DAMON JENNIFER LAWRENCE & JOHN GOODMAN

T H E B L U E B L U R

:awesome:

So far, it's looking that way. Sony did buy the domains for SonictheHedgehog-movie.com, which indicates they're up to something.

As for Jeffrey Jones, Interesting choice, but I dunno, if this is a big-budget film, they need a really big star as Robotnik, and has Jeffrey starred in anything noteworthy in the past 10 years?

Jeffrey was on Deadwood

I thin Ian McShane would be a really good pick for Dr. Robotnik.

ian-mcshane-hd-wallpaper.jpg

MV5BMTQwMzAzMTIyMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjM1MDM2OQ@@._V1_SY317_CR34,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

I think he should keep his hair for the role, and have a toned-down mustache, like in the picture.

That's a crazy good idea. Another choice is Alfred Molina because he can camp it up a bit and still stay cool which would be great for robotnik

Thanks.

I thought the same thing about Alfred Molina after seeing Spider-Man 2.

I wouldn't mind if they played around with Eggman's design in the movie. I was thinking maybe he could have hair, wear a top hat and carry a cane. Keep the mustache and shades of course, but take a few creative liberties.

Last edited:
I thin Ian McShane would be a really good pick for Dr. Robotnik.

ian-mcshane-hd-wallpaper.jpg

MV5BMTQwMzAzMTIyMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjM1MDM2OQ@@._V1_SY317_CR34,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

I think he should keep his hair for the role, and have a toned-down mustache, like in the picture.

I'm watching Deadwood now, awesome show.

Yeah, I really doubt Sega's gonna want someone with such a criminal history near their franchise.. :nono:

Seems Sony will be more involved...

Sony, SEGA Team For ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ Pic

By MIKE FLEMING JR | Tuesday June 10, 2014 @ 3:00pm PDT

Looking to launch a new family film franchise, Sony Pictures Entertainment has teamed with SEGA Sammy Group division Marza Animation Planet to develop a hybrid/live action and CG-animated feature film based on the Sonic The Hedgehog video game series. The film will be scripted by Evan Susser and Van Robichaux. 22 Jump Street’s Neal H. Moritz will produce through his Original Film banner, with Marza’s Takeshi Ito and Mie Onishi. Toby Ascher will be exec producer.

The plan is to release one movie per year. Pic will focus on Sonic’s rivalry with characters from the vidgame, including his evil nemesis Dr. Eggman. Sonic uses his stature as world’s fastest hedgehog to move at supersonic speed to protect his friends from their enemies. The game has been around two decades, selling over 140 million games and generating $1 billion in revenues.

Said Sony Pictures production president Hannah Minghella: “There are limitless stories to tell with a character like Sonic the Hedgehog, and a built-in international fan base. Along with our wonderful creative partners at Marza, we’re looking to capture everything that generations of fans know and love about Sonic while also growing his audience wider than ever before.”

Marza Animation Planet CEO Masanao Maeda added, “Sonic has had dozens of adventures on the console and the small screen, and we’re thrilled that he’s now coming to the big screen. Sony Pictures has had great success with hybrid animated and live-action features, and we’re confident that this collaboration will bring a fresh take to Sonic, while still capturing everything that the fans love about him.” Minghella and Andrea Giannetti will oversee for Sony.

live action cgi hybrid Im a little iffy about. Hopefully its not like The Smurf or Yogi Bear and more like...some other good CG live action hybrid

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"