Paranormal Activity 7

Wait... they made SIX of these movies? I thought there were only three, lol.

They were an interesting idea to start with, but none of them landed it for me. I think part of the problem was that I found everyone so damned unlikeable (well, apart from Katie, but that was just, y'know :yay:). I really couldn't have cared less what happened to any of them. Anyway, I'll pass.

I've always been baffled by how this became a franchise at all, the first one is probably the most bored I have ever been while watching a horror film.

I think (unpopular opinion) that part 3 was the best. The retro tech of an oscillating fan with a camera on it worked for some decent gags. That being said, ANY "found footage" film is stupid to me because, well...there's a point where someone would drop the freakin' camera and just worry about survival. The only one that landed for me was "Chronicle", as the final fight showed the character levitating multiple devices around him...which was cool, and allowed you to enjoy the final conflict.
In Paranormal Activity...4 (?), the girl is using her laptop the whole time. There is a scene where she is running down the street with her laptop. The hilarity of imagining that just pulled me out of the film...as did a million other things.

Unless they take the franchise in a new direction or something, I'm not interested.

I think (unpopular opinion) that part 3 was the best. The retro tech of an oscillating fan with a camera on it worked for some decent gags. That being said, ANY "found footage" film is stupid to me because, well...there's a point where someone would drop the freakin' camera and just worry about survival. The only one that landed for me was "Chronicle", as the final fight showed the character levitating multiple devices around him...which was cool, and allowed you to enjoy the final conflict.
In Paranormal Activity...4 (?), the girl is using her laptop the whole time. There is a scene where she is running down the street with her laptop. The hilarity of imagining that just pulled me out of the film...as did a million other things.

Yeah I would put 3 as the best one followed by Marked Ones and then the first one for nostalgia reasons.

I couldn't sleep well for about two weeks after 3. Definitely my favorite of the bunch. Though I completely missed the last one.

Yeah I would put 3 as the best one followed by Marked Ones and then the first one for nostalgia reasons.

Agreed. Marked Ones surprised me a bit. I just thought 2 was more of the same, and 4 was just...it was just sad.

Does the ghost undress her ? I'm asking for academic purpose.

No... but..

giphy.gif

Jason Blum Reveals ‘Paranormal Activity 7’ Is Already Finished; Explains Why It Had to Be a Reboot

“Paramount wanted to continue Paranormal Activity, I probably would have left it alone. So they wanted to continue it, but I thought if they were gonna continue it, you gotta - it was tired, there was no way to continue the road that we’d been down.

So I really encouraged all the creative people involved to think of something new. A lot of people who are going to go see the new Paranormal Activity were 3 years old when the first Paranormal Activity came out, so they don’t even know from those older movies. I thought if you were going to re-do it, you better really re-do it, not try and expand what we did all those years ago."

‘Paranormal Activity’ Documentary Heading To Paramount+ For Halloween – Deadline

Giles, speaking alongside Tom Ryan, President & CEO, ViacomCBS Streaming, at the company’s executive session for its TCA press tour, said, “A new Paranormal Activity from Paramount Players should bring fans an unexpected reimagining of the beloved horror franchise. We’ll also be launching a documentary on the making of the Paranormal Activity feature. Both of which will be coming to the service in time for Halloween.”

So is this new one also going to end with a possessed woman killing her boyfriend/husband in the end like always? :whatever: I can enjoy a "bad" ending, but it's not surprising anymore if you do it in every movie :dry:

And I guess since it's a reboot they're going to do that lame slow build up again, even though we all know where it's going...

But maybe it will end up being great...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"