'Parasite' HBO Limited Series in the Works From Bong Joon Ho, Adam McKay

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score
'Parasite' HBO Limited Series in the Works From Bong Joon Ho, Adam McKay

Deals are not done but talks are underway with HBO, which came out on top of a bidding war with Netflix for the rights.

Parasite followed the poor but cunning Kim family as they ingratiated themselves into the lives of their wealthy employers, the Park family. The relationship between the two clans went through several twists and ultimately ended up having deadly consequences.

It is unclear if the limited series will be some sort of follow-up to the movie or an English-language remake.

Haha what?

World Wide before it's win PARASITE only made $174 million WW.

For it's budget and given it is a Korean language film that is a great success obviously. And it's a critical darling of course... But very few people actually paid money to see it in a theater anywhere.

I can see how an English language adaption would interest the film's creators just on a financial sense, especially as it's an award winner now. Capitalize on the current buzz, get more people talking about the movie and make some more off of licensing an adaptation.

I hope this isn’t just a retelling with white actors. But I trust Bong Joon Ho. And Tilda and Mark are always great.

I think it would be cool if they did something like Fargo where it’s a whole new story but one that relates back to the events of the film in certain ways.

This was announced last year. An update from McKay:

'Parasite' HBO Series Is Not a Remake, But Is Set in the Same Universe, Says Adam McKay

In a wide-ranging interview that covered everything from his new podcast delving into NBA history to his upcoming film, Don’t Look Up, McKay spoke briefly about the series. Most notably, he clarified that the series is not an adaptation or a remake. “It’s an original series,” McKay confirmed. “It’s in the same universe as the feature, but it’s an original story that lives in that same world.”

I'm assuming Ruffalo is still involved. Curious to see who else rounds out the cast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"