Picard Star Trek: Picard - General Discussion Thread

If Piccard is the main character he needs a starship and to get in on the action. Otherwise just have him be an Admiral that occassionally appears.

Well, this news is a surprise...

Edit
Bring back Beverley!
It would be great to see Troi too, but I get the impression that Jonathan Frakes has hung up his acting boots and I don’t want to see one without the other.

Have read a couple of articles and am very interested as to where this will go.

Make it so... :cwink:

Last edited:
I'm both shocked and excited.
Please get good writers.

6ii.gif

:woot::woot::woot:

Come to think of it, didn't Stewart pitch something like that in an interview a while ago? Somebody asked him what it would take for him to put on the uniform again, and he said it'd be fun if they got all the crews from each show involved.

Did he? I hadn't seen that, but fantastic! :up:

Somebody on Twitter pointed out that the future timeline of All Good Things took place 25 years after that shows present. That aired in 1994, so by the time this show comes next year...

Ah, that's interesting... :up: :yay:

If Piccard is the main character he needs a starship and to get in on the action. Otherwise just have him be an Admiral that occassionally appears.

That sounds tedious. Let’s have something a bit different than just another starship. Let’s yave something character driven and contemporary.

Bring back 7of9!!!! Pls!!!!

Seven of Nine was quite possibly the best thing about Voyager imo, I'd love to see her return for this, I'd love to see Voyager in general get some love, it had issues but it still had some really good episodes now and then. I'd also love to see the EMH return.

Almost certainly it is Admiral Picard by now. I wonder if anyone else from TNG will cameo in it and how they intend to address All Good Things... (though likely not a problem as Q was involved in that).

I thought because they collapsed the spatial anomaly in the Devron system and saved humanity, those future events are now not going to happen anyway?

So they really have a blank slate...

It would be a nice nod to “All Good Things” if the communicator badges were the same design as in the future.

People are genuinely more excited about Star Trek these days than Star Wars :up:

A sect of angry nerds not screaming quite as loud about the stuff Trek is doing =/= more excitement

I like em both, but...

Picard returning opens up lots of possibilities:

-Reunion of most of the Next Generation without Data and Brent Spiner stated he's too old to play the character. CGI on a body double is a good solution. I can see Riker, Troi, Geordi, Worf, Beverly, and Wesley involved.

-Reunion of both DS9 and VOY as depicted in Star Trek Online.

-Picard crossing over to the Kelvin universe to search for Ambassador Spock.

-Picard teaming up with Temporal Agent Daniels to travel to the past in the
23rd Century to interact with Captain Pike and his original USS Enterprise
crew as well as Commander Michael Burnham and the USS Discovery.

-Possible return of William Shatner's Captain Kirk.

-I don't expect Picard to command the Enterprise again, but I can see the
USS Enterprise-F as it was in Star Trek Online commanded by Andorian
Captain Shon.

I'm intrigued, though kinda' hope it's more a mini-series than a full on show. In any case, gotta' love Patrick Stewart, and in turn, Picard. Can't see him returning as a Captain though, so either he'll be an Admiral, or he'll be an Ambassador of some description and we'll meet another crew or two.

Certainly opens up for guest appearances from the other shows too; TNG, DS9 & VOY cast right here. With the exception of Brent Spiner (who has, I believe, stated he has no interest in returning to the role of Data) Robert Beltran and Avery Brooks (for different reasons?) I'd think most other cast members would be on board for a return.

Romulans and Klingons aside, I wouldn't mind a little focus on the Cardassian, to see where they are 20 or so years after the end of the war, and whether any of them are in Starfleet. As per my desires for DSC too, I'd love to see an actual modernised (non JJ-style) Caitian, and for the love of Q, lets see the Tholian again.

Picard crossing over to the Kelvin universe to search for Ambassador Spock.
Can't see this happening. The Kelvin Timeline is, I believe, under different rights. They're not going to have the Kelvin Timeline on TV connecting to the prime timeline.

Picard teaming up with Temporal Agent Daniels to travel to the past in the 23rd Century to interact with Captain Pike and his original USS Enterprise crew as well as Commander Michael Burnham and the USS Discovery.
I can only pray not. I don't want more time travel.

Possible return of William Shatner's Captain Kirk.
I honestly don't see anything left for that character.

I don't expect Picard to command the Enterprise again, but I can see the USS Enterprise-F as it was in Star Trek Online commanded by Andorian Captain Shon.
They aren't likely to use anything from STO. STO can use (or adapt) from the shows and films, but I'd think it highly unlikely the shows and films would adapt from STO. That's not how the business works.

Last edited:
People that could/should appear with Sir Patrick...

Brent Spiner (maybe Data has added an aging algorithm...)
Wil Wheaton
Gates McFadden
Marina Sirtis
Jonathan Frakes
LeVar Burton
Michael Dorn

Actually, that's pretty much the entire bridge crew, with the exception of Denise Crosby who kinda has a very dead character...!
Okay, Colm Meaney, but to be fair to me, he was never really a main cast member on TNG.

Out of the above I think that Marina and Michael would definitely be up for reprising their characters.
Then maybe LeVar.
Jonathan, yeah maybe, but I think he is having too much fun directing these days.

Would love to see Wil as a captain.
Oh, the return of Q... But unfortunately John DeLancie has aged where Q really is immortal and I think is too vain to even pretend to have aged. But what do I know?

Who would you like to see return? Can be a regular or guest star... :cwink:

Last edited:
I would love to see Data back... just to tie up with the end of Nemesis and whether he managed to save his personality in that other droid (obviously it was strongly implied)

I always thought Picard and Data had a special bond... especially in First Contact. I can imagine Data being his faithful companion in later life.

In this day and age, I don't doubt they could motion capture Brent Spiner and de-age him convincingly.

Oh, the return of Q... But unfortunately John DeLancie has aged where Q really is immortal and I think is too vain to even pretend to have aged. But what do I know?

The age difference would be less noticeable if he was in his post-atomic judge getup, which would be ****ing awesome to see again.

I thought because they collapsed the spatial anomaly in the Devron system and saved humanity, those future events are now not going to happen anyway?

So they really have a blank slate...

It would be a nice nod to “All Good Things” if the communicator badges were the same design as in the future.
They did which is why I doubt they will hold true to everything but some of it might still happen as we saw in the finale. Will Dr. Crusher take command of her own ship? Does Worf leave to become an ambassador? What happens with Riker? And so on. Most importantly: Can they get Will Wheaton to cameo? :funny:

Star Trek has always been a franchise better suited to TV than movies, which is why about half the Star Trek movies aren't great. The TV series format let's them explore real social sci-fi issues without having to give the audience whizzo-boffo-bango payoffs every 30 minutes.

^So true. I always get more excited about a new Trek TV series than a movie these days. And Stewart returning definitely is exciting news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"