Picard Star Trek: Picard - General Discussion Thread

I watched the series finale of TNG last night and Q's last words really stuck with me... I wonder if they'll use the finale foreshadowing for the new series? I would love Q to return and to see Picard as he is in TNG finale... an ex (or current) Ambassador with perhaps declining mental health. Could add a new arch to the character.

I watched the series finale of TNG last night and Q's last words really stuck with me... I wonder if they'll use the finale foreshadowing for the new series? I would love Q to return and to see Picard as he is in TNG finale... an ex (or current) Ambassador with perhaps declining mental health. Could add a new arch to the character.
It would be Logan, but in Space. :whatever:

Pretty sure they've got a cure for Mental Health in the 24th (or even 25th?) Century.

Pretty sure they've got a cure for Mental Health in the 24th (or even 25th?) Century.

They didn't in that episode. He had a condition they couldn't cure. I didn't consider the fact he's done that in Logan...

Make a TV version of Star Trek: Destiny. Substitute the Columbia for the NX-01 Enterprise so you can include Archer etc.

No cure for Vulcan dementia. And Picard might have it latently, after his mind meld with Sarek. Or it could have been triggered by the cumulative effects of Borg assimilation, Cardassian torture, the implanted Kamin life memories, the death of his brother and nephew, being in close proximity to Riker and his 746 venereal diseases, and being shunted around time and space by Q. It's a wonder that Picard hadn't totally lost his mind by Star Trek Nemesis.

How much of a role is he going to have? He's 78. I'm thinking maybe a sean bean type from game of thrones. He'd be the big name to get people interested but the show will move beyond him after the first season.

How much of a role is he going to have? He's 78. I'm thinking maybe a sean bean type from game of thrones. He'd be the big name to get people interested but the show will move beyond him after the first season.

He's got more time on his hands after Blunt Talk's cancellation.

Man, don't even joke about that. I don't want to see Picard get killed, even in a heroic way. That would be too devastating. I'd be like one of the dumb kids who cried when Optimus Prime died in Transformers: The Movie.

Man, don't even joke about that. I don't want to see Picard get killed, even in a heroic way. That would be too devastating. I'd be like one of the dumb kids who cried when Optimus Prime died in Transformers: The Movie.

Agree. He's 78 but shows no sign of slowing down and looks fantastic. Ageism is a huge problem in Hollywood (especially for women who are "over the hill" by 40 unless they're a Meryl Streep or Cate Blanchett) so I'm excited by the prospect of a 78 year old fronting a show.

Agree. He's 78 but shows no sign of slowing down and looks fantastic. Ageism is a huge problem in Hollywood (especially for women who are "over the hill" by 40 unless they're a Meryl Streep or Cate Blanchett) so I'm excited by the prospect of a 78 year old fronting a show.

Yes he seems fit but all it takes at that age is a fall or a bit of flu and the deterioration can be very quick. Hopefully this wont happen but the studio has to be aware of the risks and that they get higher every year.

We'll see, just glad he's going to be back. How are they going to work this with discovery? Are the klingons going to be like discovery's or like stng? Wharf etc... might turn up iyou can't have him be unrecognisable. Why the discovery creators made that change is a bit baffling.

They should never have brought him back. Picard is one of my favourite characters of all time, TNG is my favourite TV series, but they Star Trek shows and movies they've been making for years are garbage. Even when he talked about how Picard is going to be in the new show he talked about someone worn down from the years. Who the **** wants to see Picard like that? No good will come of this.

Last edited:
They should never have brought him back. Picard is one of my favourite characters of all time, TNG is my favourite TV series, but they Star Trek shows and movies they've been making for years are garbage. Even when he talked about how Picard is going to be in the new show he talked about someone worn down from the years. Who the **** wants to see Picard like that? No good will come of this.

Or it might be the greatest star trek series ever. We wont know until we see it.

Who would want to see a wolverine film with logan worn down by the years? Stewart is a great actor he can sell the role. Piccard passing his wisdom down to the next generation. As long as they learn the lessons form tlj and respect the charcter it should be ok.

We'll have wait and see. Deciding to hate it now is very premature.

Or it might be the greatest star trek series ever. We wont know until we see it.

Who would want to see a wolverine film with logan worn down by the years? Stewart is a great actor he can sell the role. Piccard passing his wisdom down to the next generation. As long as they learn the lessons form tlj and respect the charcter it should be ok.

We'll have wait and see. Deciding to hate it now is very premature.

Tons of people wanted to see a worn down Logan! There was a hit comic mini series that had people asking for exactly that, not to mention the character fits that kind of gritty, dark story extremely well!
Doing this kind of thing with Picard is akin to doing Superman with no hope and in a grim-dark style.. oh wait we had that and it's widely hated and mocked.

All I'm saying is when we have the same execs that let a movie get released that had the enemy aliens get defeated by a Beastie Boys song. I don't hold out much hope.

Tons of people wanted to see a worn down Logan! There was a hit comic mini series that had people asking for exactly that, not to mention the character fits that kind of gritty, dark story extremely well!
Doing this kind of thing with Picard is akin to doing Superman with no hope and in a grim-dark style.. oh wait we had that and it's widely hated and mocked.

All I'm saying is when we have the same execs that let a movie get released that had the enemy aliens get defeated by a Beastie Boys song. I don't hold out much hope.

We have no idea what the story will be. Picard may not even be the captain or admiral. He might be retired and just gets caught up. Who knows?

You might have misgivings and that is fair enough but i will wait to see what it is before judging.

I can certainly see this being the case, depending on how long this show runs for, he wont be a central character forever. He'll probably be used to launch some new characters, enabling us to get invested in them before he's reduced to a reoccurring role.

It'll be nice if that isn't the case, but knowing how studios work...

I can see Picard being like the Tywin Lannister of the show; this guy who can just be awesome sitting in a chair for an entire episode. Some new young characters can do all the action stuff.

The new Terminator and Halloween movies must have been a part of this decision to bring back the old folks.

Almost certainly it is Admiral Picard by now. I wonder if anyone else from TNG will cameo in it and how they intend to address All Good Things... (though likely not a problem as Q was involved in that).

If he took Captain Kirk's advice in Star Trek Generations, then Picard will still be captain. He won't have let anyone promote him, because while he's on that starship he can still make a difference.

If he took Captain Kirk's advice in Star Trek Generations, then Picard will still be captain. He won't have let anyone promote him, because while he's on that starship he can still make a difference.

PErsonally think he'd be retired. Maybe brought in for his expertise or for negotiations with someone he's had experience with. Then events get out of control. Something like that.

Or they may have a toatally different idea in mind. Looking forward to the synopsis

Kirk didn't like retirement. Maybe Picard won't either. If he is feeling unsatisfied with retirement, I hope they have a flashback to that scene in Generations where Kirk gives him advice. I hope they even have flashbacks to the original TNG series so that it shows the continuity.

Kirk didn't like retirement. Maybe Picard won't either. If he is feeling unsatisfied with retirement, I hope they have a flashback to that scene in Generations where Kirk gives him advice. I hope they even have flashbacks to the original TNG series so that it shows the continuity.

Kirk seemed happy as larry in that cloud thing cooking his eggs. Took a lot of persuading from piccard to get him back. Kirk (shatner) was 64 when he said that, piccard (stewart) is 78. Us admirals must retire at 64, i'm guessing captains are the same. I doubt star fleet would be much different.

Kirk seemed happy as larry in that cloud thing cooking his eggs. Took a lot of persuading from piccard to get him back. Kirk (shatner) was 64 when he said that, piccard (stewart) is 78. Us admirals must retire at 64, i'm guessing captains are the same. I doubt star fleet would be much different.

Kirk thought he was happy. But then he realised that there was no challenge there. Even the horse jump didn't scare him anymore. He had felt a bit useless since retiring.

I don't want Picard to be bitter or miserable in his old age. I don't know who suggested that. He seemed optimistic before. It would be sad that he's turned into a bitter old man.

Kirk thought he was happy. But then he realised that there was no challenge there. Even the horse jump didn't scare him anymore. He had felt a bit useless since retiring.

I don't want Picard to be bitter or miserable in his old age. I don't know who suggested that. He seemed optimistic before. It would be sad that he's turned into a bitter old man.

Who said he'd be a bitter old man?

Have they started filming?

I hope we get some casting news. And also a title for this series. Will they call it Star Trek: Picard to differentiate it from other series where it's named after a ship?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"