Patrick Wilson Cast In Unrevealed Role

R_Hythlodeus

Nerd Supreme
Reaction score
From the main page:
Patrick Wilson is the latest addition to the cast of Marvel Studios' Ant-Man. Deadline has the news, claiming that the The Conjuring star will join Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas for the July 17, 2015 release. Evangeline Lilly and Michael Pena are also nearly set to join the cast, although neither has been locked at this time. Wilson's role is, for the time being, a mystery. He's no stranger to comic book films, however. He played Nite Owl in Watchmen, the 2009 feature adaptation of Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons' epochal work from the Distinguished Competition.
Set to begin production shortly in Georgia, Ant-Man will be directed by Edgar Wright, who co-wrote the script with Joe Cornish (Attack the Block).
The film, which is supposed to launch "Phase Three" of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, will follow Avengers: Age of Ultron's May 1, 2015 release
I guess he'll be 60ies Pym, but I could be wrong. It just seems very, very likely.

villain maybe? he doesn't exactly resemble Michael Douglas; not that it's a deal breaker. but i'm guessing villain since he doesn't get to play that role very often.

Where do people get the idea he's going to be playing young Hank Pym? I'm genuinely confused.

He seems more likely to be playing the villain more than anything.

Unless Edgar has changed the script to make Ant-Man active in the Cold war in the 1980's instead of the 1960's I'm not sure how 40 year old Patrick Wilson can play a younger version of 70 year old Michael Douglas. Douglas would have to be playing modern Pym older than he is in real life.

I think it is more likely Wilson is a villain along side Michael Pena.

I would bet more on him playing the villain.

Wilson usually gives off a scumbag vibe for me. Even in the TV Show Girls he was super creepy.

The most charismatic I've seen Wilson is when he played the villain in the A-Team movie.

Wilson usually gives off a scumbag vibe for me. Even in the TV Show Girls he was super creepy.

The most charismatic I've seen Wilson is when he played the villain in the A-Team movie.

i generally equate him with cardboard (or being opeated on by Ellen Page). but i remain cautiously optimistic. given their other casting choices, i don't think that they'd consider Patrick Wilson unless he had shown them something special.

Nice news! I've become a fan of his over the last few years. Not the greatest of actors but still pretty good.

All things considered, Douglas is looking good.I don't think Wilson is younger Pym, though I wouldn't mind it.

Patrick Wilson is probably an unnamed villain. The guy screams villain to me, he just looks so sleazy.

Yeah, he's had the beard for a while, I wonder if they'll let him keep it for the movie. I doubt it if they're going to de-age with with cgi for the 60s prologue though

He would've been good as Pym. I don't know who he could be now. Maybe Taskmaster or someone?

Or 1960s Pym even though he doesn't look like Douglas?

Maybe he's Whirlwind or someone like that.

Finally, a name change for the thread.

Crossfire?

William_Cross_(Earth-8096).png

Wilson could be any of the generic Avengers villains like Whirlwind or Living Laser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"