Patty Jenkins & Gal Gadot reunite for ‘Cleopatra’

This sounds very interesting. It could be a sterner test of Gal’s acting chops and I welcome that and hope she pulls it off. I’m sure Patty can get the best out of her and their previous working relationship should help a lot.

I know what many who gripe about the casting of Gal Gadot are gonna say but remember: A quick Google search tells you this:

ElLjaTAUUAAYdfN

Last edited:
Wasn't Denis Villeneuve supposed to direct this not so long ago?

That is a complete different version at SONY, which is still in development, allegedly. Jolie was initially attached to that one and few rumors of Lady Gaga pursuing the role.
Oh right. Villenueve and Jolie would have been very interesting to see too.

That is a complete different version at SONY, which is still in development, allegedly. Jolie was initially attached to that one and few rumors of Lady Gaga pursuing the role.
That's what I thought. I was confused since it said Paramount won the bidding war

I know what many who gripe about the casting of Gal Gadot are gonna say but remember: A quick Google search tells you this:

EkD4ovyU4AAcO_O

No, I think the internet controversy will be cause she is an Israeli actress playing an egyptian. Not saying its right or wrong, but this outcry will happen. Eh.

The race and ancestry of Cleopatra is going to be the main topic of discussion/debate for this movie before, during, and after.

It may have a Exodus: Gods and Kings effect on the film.

The race and ancestry of Cleopatra is going to be the main topic of discussion/debate for this movie before, during, and after.

It may have a Exodus: Gods and Kings effect on the film.

Tis' already started. Cleopatra and Gal are number 6 trending on twitter. lol

Also, to me personally the real Cleo kinda looked more like:

Perhaps a shade lighter or darker, we don't really know.

TELEMMGLPICT000130700339_trans%2B%2BZ2mfFK2mHBe1s9vudcKEVwUA_DOa-oFK9W0a_hDIErs.jpeg

Well this should be interesting.

I'd definitely be interested to see this. Hopefully Gal will give a stellar performance under Patty.

I love classical history and anything that is associated with it. Jenkins always draws the best from her actors, so I don't have any problem with Gadot's casting.

I would've preferred a Jolie/Cleopatra movie but I can take a Patty/Gal/Cleopatra movie.

So is Cleopatra not going to be as much of a femme fatale in this film?

Has there been anything on her that hasn't already been covered in past films?

From my uninformed American perspective at least Gal Gadot can pass for Greek, so cool.

There hasnt been a big motion film of Cleopatra since Liz Taylors failure of a film.

True, turns out I was mixing her in with Alexander the Great movies. My mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"