Age of Ultron Paul Bettany IS The Vision - Part 1

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/paul-bettany-upgrades-his-role-will-play-the-vision-in-the-avengers-age-of-ultron-20140206

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2553450/Superhero-Paul-Bettany-signs-Marvel-party-British-actor-star-The-Vision-new-Avengers-movie-Age-Ultron.html

British actor Paul Bettany has joined the elite super-heroes the Avengers and is in training to bring a comic book warrior out of the cold and onto the big screen.

Bettany will play the Vision, an old-timer in the world of illustrated heroes, in the second Marvel Avengers movie, Age Of Ultron.

British actor Paul Bettany has joined the elite super-heroes the Avengers and is in training to bring a comic book warrior out of the cold and onto the big screen.

Bettany will play the Vision, an old-timer in the world of illustrated heroes, in the second Marvel Avengers movie, Age Of Ultron.

He’ll join Robert Downey Jr’s Iron Man, Scarlett Johansson’s Black Widow, Chris Hemsworth’s Thor, Chris Evans’s Captain America and Mark Ruffalo’s The Hulk.

Bettany and Jeremy Renner, who plays ace archer Hawkeye, were at Shepperton Studios just outside London this week, meeting with director Joss Whedon.

They did a series of costume, hair and make-up tests and worked with stuntmen and armourers.

The casting of Bettany has been shrouded in secrecy, but he was spotted at Shepperton on Monday. The Avengers: Age Of Ultron is code-named After Party . . . or at least it was.

I bet as soon as executives at Marvel and Disney read this report they’ll change it. But it was certainly working yesterday when I rang the studio and asked to be put through to the production office for After Party.

I asked for Whedon, and producer Kevin Feige, but was told they weren’t available. ‘I’m not at liberty to speak to you about the production,’ a polite unit assistant informed me.

The Vision emerged in 1940, but didn’t become associated with the Avengers team until the Sixties, when Ultron (played by James Spader) created him as a weapon to be used against the Avengers.

Through various story-lines and complex machinations, the Vision turned the tables and became an Avengers member himself, and married (or whatever it is androids do) Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen will play her).

The Vision’s powers include the ability to fire beams of infra-red and microwave radiation, and use a hologram force to render himself invisible.

Behold the Vision

tumblr_nkpawaFhKf1u0zoano1_1280.gif

I love the colors of the live action Vision. They really look great

Pauls face is so enigmatic which is perfect for The Vision.

BarryAllen said:
While I cannot wait for the Vision, his face in the trailer looks a little busy, with the different layers on his face.

I would've preferred something streamlined like this

Picture doesn't work but me personally, I think Vision looks like a masterpiece.

The picture I posted was the concept art that was revealed for the Vision. The streamlined look for Vision's face looks better than the overly busy face we got in the trailer.

age-of-ultron-vision-feature.jpg

From what I can see, Vision's face looks a lot better in the concept art.
But we haven't really seen him in action yet, so we can't really judge.

I think he looks more like an android than the concept art where it just looks like Bettany with his face painted which would still have been pretty awesome.

He just looks a lot better than i could have imagined possible a few years ago though.

Actually if you look closely, the design in the concept art is VERY similar to the movie design.
The lines are even placed in the same spaces.
Here's a closer look:
Vision-600x300.png

Last edited:
Actually if you look closely, the design in the concept art is VERY similar to the movie design.
The lines are even placed in the same spaces.

Yep the only difference is those lines are raised with a material on top of the base of Vision's face. And Whedon said they did a lot of testing for all we know the concept art didn't look great in real life, and they added the extra material on top to give it an extra layer to make him look more like an android.

Yep the only difference is those lines are raised with a material on top of the base of Vision's face. And Whedon said they did a lot of testing for all we know the concept art didn't look great in real life, and they added the extra material on top to give it an extra layer to make him look more like an android.
That would make a lot of sense. what works in 2D plane, doesn't always work in a 3 dimensional live action design.
Upon closer inspection, the texture around Vision's eye/cheek bones almost looks like human face muscles... really loving the extra attention to detail, makes me appreciate the movie design even more! :D

Last edited:
The added textures make it look even better. Like hes patched together

I wouldn't be surprised if we see no more of him till the film comes out now. It'll still be a shock seeing him moving and talking. This doesn't give everything away.

I think when Vision arrives hes going to steal the whole show.

I love the actual design way more than the concept/promo art. The layers and textures look outstanding from the little shown.

if there's a scene where he phases through thor's hammer, the theater is going to go nuts. they can do a call back to when thor pinned down loki with the hammer on the bridge, only to have vision phase through it and stand up. bananas.

Question is why doesn't he just go round being intangible all the time then only solidify part of his body in the other persons when he wants to take someone down?

I wonder who else he will fight besides Thor, I'm guessing it's not just that battle before Vision turns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"