Age of Ultron Paul Bettany IS The Vision - Part 1

I'm pretty sure Cap will use something to mess with IMs suit, then beat him a bit, Cap smashing his shield into IMs armor is probably more effective than a lot of what IM has faced.

Then I imagine, IM will get the upper hand and just whale on Cap who refuses to back down until he is like a bloody mess and Tony stops realising what he is doing, or someone like Spider-man (if he's in it) stops him

Also Tony wouldn't use any of his missiles or anything, he isn't going to fly in the air and like carpet bomb his friend over the registration act.

Seems like Iron Man would easily win in a fight against Cap.

lol. Iron Mans beating Cap to a pulp.

Spidey shows up

SPIDEY (whining in pre pubescent screech): STOP IIIIIT!! You boys are friends!!

Iron Man: Get outta here you insect or Ill step on you!

Spidey: Caaaaaaaap! Nooooo! (whine noises) Stop Iron Man! you mean person!

Cap reaches out hand to Spidey

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Cap will use something to mess with IMs suit, then beat him a bit, Cap smashing his shield into IMs armor is probably more effective than a lot of what IM has faced.

Then I imagine, IM will get the upper hand and just whale on Cap who refuses to back down until he is like a bloody mess and Tony stops realising what he is doing, or someone like Spider-man (if he's in it) stops him

Also Tony wouldn't use any of his missiles or anything, he isn't going to fly in the air and like carpet bomb his friend over the registration act.

In Civil War Cap does the first thing and the second happens in reverse as Cap then gets the upper hand and beats the hell out of Tony until Tony tells him to finish it and Cap gets dragged back by civillians and realizes in horror what he was about to do. [then surrenders and gets murdered]

Tony not using missiles or his repulsor beams to full effect [though if he does Cap has the shield]* because he wants to arrest or take in Cap rather than kill him is what would make him vulnerable to the far superior fighter and strategist who has already been shown on film to use his vibranium shield to a) take down a jet b) throw it so it cuts into and gets jammed into Ultron. He's also been shown to rip the hatch off a submarine and cut through the top off a tank which might come in handy while fighting a man in a gold-titanium alloy suit.

civil-war.jpg

Last edited:
In Civil War Cap does the first thing and the second happens in reverse as Cap then gets the upper hand and beats the hell out of Tony until Tony tells him to finish it and Cap gets dragged back by civillians and realizes in horror what he was about to do. [then surrenders and gets murdered]

Tony not using missiles or his repulsor beams to full effect [though if he does Cap has the shield]* because he wants to arrest or take in Cap rather than kill him is what would make him vulnerable to the far superior fighter and strategist who has already been shown on film to use his vibranium shield to a) take down a jet b) throw it so it cuts into and gets jammed into Ultron. He's also been shown to rip the hatch off a submarine and the top off a tank which might come in handy while fighting a man in a gold-titanium alloy suit.

civil-war.jpg

I think there will be two fights, the first were Iron Man wins, then final one where Cap wins using more tech to take IM down then just beating him hand to hand easily.

What an overreaction no one said anything about getting every single detail from the comics.

No one said anything about exact power levels either. You don't have to know exact power levels to see the huge discrepancy in Cap and Iron Man's.

Also "the rest of the world" can get what Star Lord gave the Nova Corps as I couldn't care less what they think.

Really? No one was crying about power levels?

Adjusting power levels to make heroes more "equal" is straight up ********. Thor has been so toned down in the MCU, that is this point it's just disrespectful. Hulk is also toned down and I hate that too.

I'm sorry but certain heroes are more powerful than others. I'm fully expecting Vision to kick Thor's ass and Iron Man to dominate versus Hulk. Character shields and popularity go a long way in the MCU's eyes.

Hemsworth should demand a more appropriate showing for Thor's abilities or leave the MCU for the lack of respect of Thor shown by Marvel so far in the MCU.

Yeah, leave the studio that took him from nothing and give him huge money and fame and is setting records every year because Thor isn't OP like he is in the comics :whatever: I really have to question how old you are...

That is why Thanos needs the Infinity Stones. With Cap and Iron Man's ability to automatically adjust their power to match their opponent,Thanos knows he needs a way to get past that.

Can't wait to see Iron Man add Thanos to his victory total.

That's my point and yeah I'm exaggerating but Hulk and Thor should be clearly above the others. My point was directed at HafizBat who thinks automatically adjusting power makes for a better "cinematic experience". I don't share that.

Yep, whoever the writer feels like *********ing to will win.

Nah I don't think Iron Man vs Cap should be anywhere near equal.

IM's armor survives tanks shells, shoots lasers, missiles, can fly, and catch cars. I would just be rolling my eyes the entire time in disgust.

And you say I'm the one overreacting? It's really unbelievable how whiny people are...look at what Fox does to the X-Men or Nolan and Batman (with tremendous success) before complaining about Marvel putting the best cinematic experience over silly comic book power levels.

Why are we talking about Cap Vs Iron Man in the Vision thread? Weird

The comics are not law, and I'm glad the MCU puts making great movies over following every single detail of the comics...especially considering comics are often absurd.

Exactly! Well said sir. They will stay true to the source material when possible, and if not, they'll deviate from it to make a good movie. They've done an amazing job so far of striking a balance.

They aren't drastically changing the characters..and Whedon even made an effort to respect power levels when he supercharged IM before pitting him against Thor. I haven't seen any egregious changes that are worth crying about...Hulk is still incredibly strong, Thor is still a demigod, Cap is still a super-soldier, etc.

Exactly! I wish more people on SHH had your perspective.

Adjusting power levels to make heroes more "equal" is straight up ********. Thor has been so toned down in the MCU, that is this point it's just disrespectful. Hulk is also toned down and I hate that too.

What??? Thor's portrayal is disrespectful? You don't remember what he did to the Frost Giants in Thor 1? You don't remember what he did from atop the skyscraper in A1? And what about Hulk taking down that leviathan with one punch?

These characters can't be as strong as their comic book versions because it doesn't make for interesting stories. Their versions in the comics are also ridiculously overpowered.

Hemsworth should demand a more appropriate showing for Thor's abilities or leave the MCU for the lack of respect of Thor shown by Marvel so far in the MCU.

What a ridiculous thing to say. Thor's abilities are well-represented in the MCU, and there's more to these characters than their powers/abilities.

What an overreaction no one said anything about getting every single detail from the comics.

Er, he wasn't over-reacting. He was spot on in his analysis, when you consider how many complaints there are on SHH about filmmakers straying away from the source material.

Also "the rest of the world" can get what Star Lord gave the Nova Corps as I couldn't care less what they think.

Well, you have to remember that Marvel Studios, Warner Brothers, Fox, etc. are making these movies for the people who don't frequent these forums or have any knowledge of comic books.

Your expectations might have to be adjusted or else you may find yourself constantly getting irritated when your favourite character isn't portrayed the same way he/she is in the books.

For example, it would be AWESOME to see Thor get the Odinforce in Thor 3: Ragnarok, but the filmmakers have to assess first whether it makes sense in the context of the script, the drama, character development, etc. Doesn't that make sense?

An actor who has to feed, clothe and house his family should turn down successful and happy role because the comic book character he's playing isn't respected enough by the company that owns and creates said character.

I'm a Thor fanboy but jees, cry me a river!

An actor who has to feed, clothe and house his family should turn down successful and happy role because the comic book character he's playing isn't respected enough by the company that owns and creates said character.

I'm a Thor fanboy but jees, cry me a river!

Yeah he went way too far on that one, I don't think he's serious though.

Can't be lol :hehe:

Really? No one was crying about power levels?

I'm sure you've complained about something before so let's not call valid complaints "crying". Everyone doesn't have to blindly like everything about the MCU or any other franchise.

As I've said before which you plainly ignored Thor and Vision are going to be somewhat equal I'm AOU. I'm 100% okay with thatveven though Thor was his superior in the comics. I can easily over look that because the discrepancy between the two isn't that large. So no "exact" power levels were never what I was asking for personally, I just don't want the adjusting characters powers thing to get out of hand is all.

Personally I'm not all that interested in CA: Civil War in the first place. It was stupid in the comics and that completely through my interest in that story off.

And you say I'm the one overreacting? It's really unbelievable how whiny people are...look at what Fox does to the X-Men or Nolan and Batman (with tremendous success) before complaining about Marvel putting the best cinematic experience over silly comic book power levels.

I'm not fond of everything X-Men or Nolan does either, so that's a failed point.

Last edited:
damn noobs, lol

seriously, vision, you guys...

edit: nevermind :p

I'm sure you've complained about something before so let's not call valid complaints "crying". Everyone doesn't have to blindly like everything about the MCU or any other franchise.

As I've said before which you plainly ignore Thor and Vision are going to be somewhat equal I'm AOU. I'm 100% okay with even though Thor was his superior in the comics. I can easily over look that because the discrepancy between the two isn't that large. So not "exact" power levels was never what I was asking for personally, I just don't want the adjusting characters powers thing to get out of hand is ALL.

Personally I'm not all that interested in CA: Civil War in the first place. It was stupid in the comics and that completely through my interest in that story off.

I'm not fond of everything X-Men or Nolan does either, so that's a failed point.

That's fair. :up:

Back on topic peeps. Take this debate to the appropriate thread.

Of course I'm not serious, but if I see Hulk or Thor having trouble with Hawkeye or Black Widow, then yes I have a problem. I wonder how much screen time Vision will have?

Of course I'm not serious, but if I see Hulk or Thor having trouble with Hawkeye or Black Widow, then yes I have a problem. I wonder how much screen time Vision will have?

Nice segue, I think he will be in the last 40 minutes of film, so perhaps 15 minutes of actual screen time

Ohh man, You're gunna be super disappointed during the big scene where Clint takes the whole team down with a single arrow :oldrazz:

and yeah, Vision I expect will have Hawkeye-when-he-was-good-in-Avengers level screen time

Ohh man, You're gunna be super disappointed during the big scene where Hawkeye takes the whole team down with a single arrow :oldrazz:

A hulkbuster arrow, a thorbuster arrow, an emp arrow, a vibranium acid arrow and uh I guess a normal arrow.

If Hawkeye was Batman all those things would be legit.

hahaha totally

he'd also have a chitauri-computer-disabling one, one that closes the bifrost, and one that can destroy the Infinity Gauntlet
cuz ya know, "he had time to prepare"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"