Age of Ultron Paul Bettany IS The Vision

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpideyFan866

Avenger
Reaction score
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/paul-bettany-upgrades-his-role-will-play-the-vision-in-the-avengers-age-of-ultron-20140206

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2553450/Superhero-Paul-Bettany-signs-Marvel-party-British-actor-star-The-Vision-new-Avengers-movie-Age-Ultron.html

British actor Paul Bettany has joined the elite super-heroes the Avengers and is in training to bring a comic book warrior out of the cold and onto the big screen.

Bettany will play the Vision, an old-timer in the world of illustrated heroes, in the second Marvel Avengers movie, Age Of Ultron.

British actor Paul Bettany has joined the elite super-heroes the Avengers and is in training to bring a comic book warrior out of the cold and onto the big screen.

Bettany will play the Vision, an old-timer in the world of illustrated heroes, in the second Marvel Avengers movie, Age Of Ultron.

He’ll join Robert Downey Jr’s Iron Man, Scarlett Johansson’s Black Widow, Chris Hemsworth’s Thor, Chris Evans’s Captain America and Mark Ruffalo’s The Hulk.

Bettany and Jeremy Renner, who plays ace archer Hawkeye, were at Shepperton Studios just outside London this week, meeting with director Joss Whedon.

They did a series of costume, hair and make-up tests and worked with stuntmen and armourers.

The casting of Bettany has been shrouded in secrecy, but he was spotted at Shepperton on Monday. The Avengers: Age Of Ultron is code-named After Party . . . or at least it was.

I bet as soon as executives at Marvel and Disney read this report they’ll change it. But it was certainly working yesterday when I rang the studio and asked to be put through to the production office for After Party.

I asked for Whedon, and producer Kevin Feige, but was told they weren’t available. ‘I’m not at liberty to speak to you about the production,’ a polite unit assistant informed me.

The Vision emerged in 1940, but didn’t become associated with the Avengers team until the Sixties, when Ultron (played by James Spader) created him as a weapon to be used against the Avengers.

Through various story-lines and complex machinations, the Vision turned the tables and became an Avengers member himself, and married (or whatever it is androids do) Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen will play her).

The Vision’s powers include the ability to fire beams of infra-red and microwave radiation, and use a hologram force to render himself invisible.

Last edited:
I suppose JARVIS being brainwashed by Ultron (like in the comics) is being done, albeit merged with Ultron's creation of Vision.

Last edited:
Possibly.

I`m just happy that we`re finally going to see the Vision in a movie. :awesome:

If this is true, it just makes absolutely perfect sense. Bettany looks like Vision in my head. He's JARVIS already. He's a great actor… why the heck not?

I want to see his chemistry with Olsen now.

I don't know though, what is Daily Mail's track record with scoops?

I remember being pissed that Bettany was cast as JARVIS, because it meant he could never play Vision.

Guess I was wrong. :awesome:

So happy with this casting.

Awesome Can't wait to see the Vision on the Big Screen.

I'm pretty new to the vision character. I've been binge watching avengers: earth's mightiest heroes on netflix all week though and i'm excited as hell right now because i thought the vision was very interesting and likable. I love Bettany's voice work as Jarvis so this upgrade is well deserved.

Words simply can not explain, how freaking happy this news makes me, the vision is one of my favs, and bettany will soon knock this out of the park!

Curious to see his costume design. I'm pretty certain they're going to make significant changes.

Oh nice, the cast just gets bigger! I wonder how they'll approach his power set on the big screen like how does a robot phase through objects ? Also would this mean Scarlet Witch is going to hook up with a robot?

It's also a shame Coulson didn't turn out to be Vision in the end, but whatever.

Oh nice, the cast just gets bigger! I wonder how they'll approach his power set on the big screen like how does a robot phase through objects ? Also would this mean Scarlet Witch is going to hook up with a robot?

It's also a shame Coulson didn't turn out to be Vision in the end, but whatever.

No worries, Coulson will be Captain Mar-vell.

Very interesting. Not entirely confident in that this isn't getting a bit crowded but I'll have to have faith in Whedon.

Curious to see his costume design. I'm pretty certain they're going to make significant changes.

Well this was from the site that shall not be named.

"They go on to say that "Make-up experts were using various powders and potions on Bettany’s pale skin to bring about the Vision’s chalk-white complexion." Now I'm sure any Avengers comic fan will know that the character's face is usually red..but, The Vision was depicted early on as being completely "chalk white", fitting the above description."

If true, Let the rage and complaining commence in 3...2...

This is phenomenal. Pitch perfect casting, and giving the fans what they want all in one fell swoop. Wow. Floored.

Nice! I'm interested to see where they go with this.

He lost the red/green/yellow for a good chunk of the 90's. I don't have a problem with it, personaly. Can't wait to see his overall design.

daT0nNb.jpg

I'm cool with this too. Glad that he'll get to be a part of the action now too instead of just voice work.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's pure white when Ultron first creates him, then adopts the familiar color scheme after he turns to the good side...

He lost the red/green/yellow for a good chunk of the 90's. I don't have a problem with it, personaly. Can't wait to see his overall design.

daT0nNb.jpg

I don't have a problem with it either. But you know the hype and some people here haha. Figure someone will come out raging and claim we aren't real fans haha.

Paul Bettany as the cybernetic progeny of a robot Raymond Reddington. That'd be just too much for the human palate to manage :hubba

I wouldn't be surprised if he's pure white when Ultron first creates him, then adopts the familiar color scheme after he turns to the good side...

He may turn red when Wanda tells him it is her favorite color.

Marvel has really been on point with this casting thus far! I just hope this doesn't get too crowded. We've got the original cast on top of Ultron, Pietro, Wanda and now The Vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"