Paul Dano is Edward Nashton aka "The Riddler"

I don't think we're gonna get a Riddler like that.

It depends on how crazy Reeves plans on getting with these costumes.

Riddler's costume isn't that crazy to be honest, I don't see why it couldn't be done.

I mean yeah, **** like Catwoman and Riddler you can see in any big city on a normal day just walking down the street because you just assume they're just eccentric or going to some party.

Can go either way. My guess is just a dark suit and tie, that’s it. But a bowler hat isn’t extreme either. No question marks or cane though.

My friend is a massive Riddler fan, and she personally wanted Domhnall Gleeson to play Riddler, but she likes this casting.
We're both hoping for Riddler to be more of a danger, like in Year Zero: Dark City, or at least someone Batman can't really ignore.
Probably hoping for too much tbh.

Never want be too on the nose casting Batman villains.

My friend is a massive Riddler fan, and she personally wanted Domhnall Gleeson to play Riddler, but she likes this casting.
We're both hoping for Riddler to be more of a danger, like in Year Zero: Dark City, or at least someone Batman can't really ignore.

I've always felt that the Riddler is the kind of villain where you sort of have to go in the direction of OTT, comic-booky silliness in order to get the best out of the character. As opposed to turning him into a Seven or Saw rip-off, as so many here seem to want. Let it be said, however, that I'm only speaking in regards to his manner of committing crimes, and not his demeanor. The Riddler of the animated series was great in that his demeanor was fairly cold and clipped, but his crimes were outrageous and not afraid to broaden the envelope in terms of realism.

I've always felt that the Riddler is the kind of villain where you sort of have to go in the direction of OTT, comic-booky silliness in order to get the best out of the character. As opposed to turning him into a Seven or Saw rip-off, as so many here seem to want. Let it be said, however, that I'm only speaking in regards to his manner of committing crimes, and not his demeanor. The Riddler of the animated series was great in that his demeanor was fairly cold and clipped, but his crimes were outrageous and not afraid to broaden the envelope in terms of realism.
Right, I meant in his demeanor rather than with his gizmos/gadgets. Honestly, I personally would love an Arkhamverse-like live action Riddler, especially when it comes to his traps, trophies and the rest of his creations.

That was my choice as well. During the Nolan era, Dano was a no brainer. Then I forgot about it for some reason and championed Gleeson.

Domhnall Gleeson is a terrible actor.
I saw only one terrible role of him - Star Wars. But since new Star Wars movies are pretty bad, I believe it's not his fault.

I also believe we won't see any campy question mark suits.

He's been at least decent to good in everything I've seen him in. And I don't blame him for his material in SW.

I’m past ready for a Riddler reveal. I hope he’s a redhead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"